It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black On Black Violence...Where's The Outrage?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Explains it all... long but well worth the listen.

Excuses of the Black Community.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

BINGO!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Curious question, but why would they gather these statistics according to the races of the perpetrators? That seems to me as arbitrary as gathering them according to height or eye-color.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Yo Clayton Bigsby!!!!

I'm black.

You say this a lot. For a self claimed black man you sure seem to hate black people. Anyone'd think you're one of those stormfront race haters if you weren't always waving the "as a black man" flag.

Tell me. "As a black man" have you ever met a black person you didn't hate?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SilverOwls

Yo Clayton Bigsby!!!!

I'm black.

You say this a lot. For a self claimed black man you sure seem to hate black people. Anyone'd think you're one of those stormfront race haters if you weren't always waving the "as a black man" flag.

You should just cut to the chase and call him a "U---e Tom", because that sounds like what you're getting at.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Words

He ain't a black man.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

He ain't a black man.

Why would he say he was?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Also, trying to discredit a legitimate outrage of police Brutality and unnecessary deaths caused by police by saying "but what about black violence" is just reactionary garbage

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Nice deflection. I never stated that racism doesn't exist in America, nor did I imply that there aren't cases of police "brutality and unneccessary deaths" caused by a few azzhats wearing the badge. If you're black and ignore the violence, drugs and deaths committed by blacks in the black communities, then you're part of the problem. That's not "reactionary garbage," that's the sad truth.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
If all you are doing is reading/watching reactionary reports and reactionary biased rightists websites, then yeah, you won't see the outrage

The outrage is selective, and so is the coverage. When it gets ratings, it's everywhere on every news outlet, mainstream or not.

If it's just the run-of-the-mill gang and drug violence, even if a poor young kid gets killed in the crossfire, the news could care less, even if there is outrage at the local or even on the national level.

But if you're implying that the intensity and amount of outrage is equal in all of the cases that this man in the video points out, you are lying.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Also, trying to discredit a legitimate outrage of police Brutality and unnecessary deaths caused by police by saying "but what about black violence" is just reactionary garbage

True. Police brutality is tax-payer funded, state violence. “Black on Black crime” is nothing of the sort.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I never talked about racism.

I said people are trying to discredit a legit concern and outrage over police murders and police brutality by saying black people don't care about "Black on black" crime... that is reactionary garbage

what about White on white Violence? what about X on X violence?

people always fail to take into account the location, and due to gentrification and condensing certain populations into one place, of course, the percentages are going to be skewed

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The difference being State sponsored Murder, that is where the outrage is being aimed at, these "protest" and activists and BLM etc are not going to protest the government for Black on Black crime, and why would Media cover community discussions on such issues?

you can't say the lack of Media coverage proves that no one cares about black on black crime

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

a reply to: SlapMonkey

The difference being State sponsored Murder, that is where the outrage is being aimed at, these "protest" and activists and BLM etc are not going to protest the government for Black on Black crime, and why would Media cover community discussions on such issues?

you can't say the lack of Media coverage proves that no one cares about black on black crime

I didn't say that, I said that these types of incidents get less ratings, so the news cares less about airing it and making a big deal out of it.

As for your constant blabbering about "state-sponsored murder" in all instances where someone gets shot by a cop, just stop. It's not state-sponsored murder when an idiot acts foolishly or dangerously in front of police with guns and *gasp* ends up getting killed for his/her actions.

And no, before you accuse me of it, I'm not saying that all deaths at the hands of police are always justified, but your silliness in pretending that the majority are not really reduces your credibility.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Yo Clayton Bigsby!!!!

I'm black.

Yeah, stating facts is hating black people. Always know when you someone doesn't have a leg to stand on, they immediately go for the Uncle Tom card since they can't other wise make a reasoned argument.

I stated I am black because if I didn't, then one of you hoteps would then claim I am a racist for daring to get out of the group think.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Here are a couple examples of folks trying to stop the violence in Chicago:

Anti-violence march to shut down part of Lake Shore Drive

Dan Ryan Expressway shut down by anti-violence march; Rauner, Emanuel spar over protest

No one has stated there are no protests. However, the general fervor is simply not the same.

Again, show me a riot over gang violence. Show me some celebrity doxing a shooting suspect on twitter. Show me a congressman wearing a hoodie on the floor to protest black on black violence.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You're delusional if you believe that. Listen, I get that black folk are upset by a few azzhats in blue, but to say all cops are salivating to beat up and shoot black people, or all states use tax money to mess with black people, is idiotic. A word of wisdom...don't believe all the BS spewing from a few black activists, who believe all whites are given to racism, supremacy, selfishness and violent inclinations.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Yo Clayton Bigsby!!!!

I'm black.

Just for you...

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

No one has stated there are no protests. However, the general fervor is simply not the same.

But we both know that's controlled fervor... faux fervor. That fervor is manufactured and promoted and given all the attention. Much of that fervor is bought and paid for. Arguing with a pushed narrative is just part of the divide-and-conquer campaign against us that gets us nowhere.

Hence the OP's question: "Where's the outrage?" It's out there. Even better, real efforts to address -- to stop -- the violence.

Isn't the real question: "Where's the media coverage?" Or "Why the hell doesn't the media cover this?"

Again, show me a riot over gang violence. Show me some celebrity doxing a shooting suspect on twitter. Show me a congressman wearing a hoodie on the floor to protest black on black violence.

So you're just going to blow off those who are doing something?

Do you want a riot over gang violence? I don't. Do you want some celebrity doxxing a shooting suspect on twitter? I don't. Do you really want a congressman to wear a hoodie to protest black-on-black violence? Okay, that one I don't really care one way or another.

I don't see how any of the above will solve anything, or make anything better.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join