It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Offering no evidence, Trump says Russia will back Democrats in election

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

The title is not mine. For once I actually agree with the President and I think his assessment and fear is justified. I also think it is interesting he has stated this, which means that internally he may finally be coming to terms with the fact that Russia meddled and most likely swayed the election his way, with or without his knowledge. Coming to terms on this so late in the game would indicate he did not know, or he did not want to believe it.

His fear is -- now that he is starting to understand what has been going on -- that they will go the other way the next time, in an attempt to destabilize us and potentially create conflicts. This is what I think as well. Putin is playing games and he is messing with our politicians, elites and all the way down to our households and our lives. He is dividing people and he will do even worse with the next election.

I believe that if Hillary's health allows it, she will run again, and I suspect it would serve Putin's interests best to change tactics and push the opposite story this time. I believe it to be the Deep State plan as well, for Hillary to get her turn. Just like the President, I have no proof of this, but it is a feeling.

What do others think? Will Russia change sides and start an online campaign against the Republicans this time around?

President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he believes Russia will work hard to sway November U.S. congressional elections toward Democrats and not his fellow Republicans, but provided no evidence to back up his assertion.

American intelligence agencies have concluded that Russia had interfered in the 2016 U.S. election with a campaign of propaganda and hacking to disparage Trump’s Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton and aid Trump’s candidacy, and that Moscow is now targeting the Nov. 6 congressional races.

[...]

Putin himself acknowledged he wanted Trump to win the 2016 presidential race during a joint news conference with Trump after their July 16 summit in Helsinki. Putin denied meddling in the election.

[url=https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia/offering-no-evidence-trump-says-russia-will-back-democrats-in-election-idUSKBN1KE29M]Reuters[ /url]

p.s. Reuters links sometimes don't work for me here, don't know why. I'll leave the link in there as is, and it can be copied and pasted. Thanks for reading.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
nevermind
edit on 24/7/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
time will tell so lets wait and see

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Probably dems offering a good deal to Russians.

link   
a reply to: Kharron

Lol...naaa.
This is that 4D chess manouvre thingummyjig ...

Trump won't ever get the Russians off his back.
He is in too deep

link   

Why post crap from about 3 years ago?,to maybe get points or something?,can't even put the true wording in,some doctored screen shot

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
So are we really powerless against online bots?

Is that what we are talking about bots and online ads?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

And in other news, Democrats continue to claim Russia backed the Trump Campaign during the 2016 election process. As of this date, no evidence has been forwarded to confirm the accusations. Stayed tuned for the required daily onslaught of propaganda brought to you by the OP

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Comment removed so reply removed as well.

edit on 24-7-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Yes let us take every tweet or comment Trump makes as seriously as possible. This is big news people!!!! Trump also tweeted he had a big lunch and is now speculating about Iran's nuclear threat to Israel...

Anything else that we should know that is pertinent to today's news that isn't the next thought that crosses Trump's brain to hit Twitter?
edit on 24-7-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Spreading legs to Putin is being tough?
Only the Trump cult will believe this crap.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Why post crap from about 3 years ago?,to maybe get points or something?,can't even put the true wording in,some doctored screen shot

Oldtimer, below Trump's tweet is a date, it says July 24, 2018. That's today. The Reuters article is also today.

I know it feels like we should have known all this 2-3 years ago, but there's been a lot of denial going on. I'm glad we're finally getting to it, albeit a tad late.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Or, he knows the GOP is going to be brought down in the next election as the majority decides to put some checks and balances on him, so he lies and states the Dems are being helped by Putin.

It is dangerous to try and disenfranchise the majority but Trump is capable of destroying democracy to save himself - of that I have no doubt.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Spreading legs to Putin is being tough?
Only the Trump cult will believe this crap.

Hahahaha,

Only the left would make a big deal about what Putin and Trump do diplomatically and try to spin it as Trump capitulating to Putin.

We serve the master. Yesss!!! YASS!!! So predictable! So brave!

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Typical trump, he has diarrhea of the mouth. Once he gets started he can't stop spewing B.S..

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
At least we all can count on the mouth pieces of MSM to over analyze the sh%& out of every tweet Trump makes. Got to get every single tweet and make it some epic story, got to get the liberals on the hate band wagon to get upset about something the POTUS said.

It's that time y'all! Put on your riot faces and give 'em hell boys!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Typical trump, he has diarrhea of the mouth. Once he gets started he can't stop spewing B.S..

So true. And his mindless minions just lick it right up and regurgitate it.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

There is this....from his speech today

This country is doing better than it ever has before, economically,” Trump said, touting his plan to slap tariffs on foreign goods.

He added: “It's all working out. Just remember: what you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening."

What a bizarre thing to say ......Amiright ?

Maybe not so bizarre after all

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command
George Orwell

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Is he using reverse psychology?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
They, as well as most other countries that can, always try to meddle in elections.

As far as I can tell, their meddling did nothing. It is the 2 parties here in the US that have caused the rift.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join