It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

Great album, great band.

A lot of people slag Rancid off but I think they're fine.

I know lads who've supported them on tour and they say they are really good people, no airs and graces....what you see is what you get.

A mate of mine does unique glasswork and always has a stall at the Rebellion Festival in Blackpool.
www.rebellionfestivals.com...
When Rancid played a few years ago Lars stopped at his stall, got talking to my mate and bought a few pieces off him.
They have stayed in touch a bit.
My mate also survived cancer and every year he does a charity fundraiser. Lars usually sends him something to raffle off, one year he sent some rare records, a guitar, lots of Rancid and Old Firm Casuals goodies etc....apparently a really nice man.

There are several tracks on the Indestructible album are about Tim's break up with Brody Dalle.
Here's a video of Brody Dalle and her old band The Distillers - I think they reformed recently.

Obviously from before she screwed Tim over and hooked up with that wanker Josh Homme.

edit on 27/9/18 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Cool story man!

I'd never heard of Rancid before, I'm finding some great tracks on the tube now though.
...do you know like everyone in that music scene or what?!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
My youngest brother send me a text yesterday and told me to check out Gretta van Fleet. I asked him what bubble he'd been living in the last year.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
Haha I've been under the same rock it seems, never heard of them!
I like this...

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Congrats on the new teeth....just make sure no fisticuffs from now on!

Will just be flitting in and out for the next few days, got a few things on...., got to earn a crust.

One for the jukebox;
Inspiral Carpets comeback single back in 2014 with their original singer.

Chris Gill - what a tragic, sad loss.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Dude sounds a LOT like Robert Plant. The rest are getting better at their instruments. Zep 2.0

And here's one from a couple of years ago that blew me away:

Just in case you haven't heard it.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

...do you know like everyone in that music scene or what?!

Far from it, just like my music....at the moment I'm listening to a Various playlist I did myself some time ago before I go out for an hour or so.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Lol yes, and nice one, I tell you what though if someone punches my new teeth out again they'll experience a rage not seen since biblical old testament god times!
It's amazing being able to smile again, I've got my flirt back haha.

Gotta pay to play innit, I'm working tomorrow, that'll be 3 full days this week, I'll die of exhaustion if I'm not careful.

Carpets yes, top tune, and yes tragic loss.
This is still my fave though...

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Powerful track, I really like it.
It's great getting out of my electronic dance music bubble haha.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Powerful track, I really like it.
It's great getting out of my electronic dance music bubble haha.

Dance music?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Two good tunes, never heard of the first one

Back at ya with a tune for chilling on the sofa sharing a smoke with mates after a night of loved up partying...

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The Cult are amazing live, seen them a couple of times.

Not heard much of their later stuff though....I kind of lost interest when Ian Astbury decided he was some sort of a cross between Jim Morrison and Robert Plant.

A mate of mine played drums for them for a while.....he can be heard on the Live Cult album.
There's some footage of the night on YouTube, not the best quality but you see Mike drumming.

Billy Duffy at his best as well....an amazing line-up.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Is that your mate yeh? Brilliant.

I wanna buy a guitar again, I know a few chords so can strum a tune out, voice of an angel as well lol

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Yes, that's my mate who I told you about a while back.
He was a great drummer and a fantastic guy....sorely missed.

I was thinking about tinkering with my keyboards, (nearly said organ but I know how infantile we all can be at times), or even my bass....but I know I'm crap so don't think I'll bother.
And at 53 years old I somehow don't think fame and fortune are waiting for me around the corner.

As for singing.....think I told you about the time I was told to mime at a Requiem Mass didn't I?

I see your persevering with the Brexit thread....I've give up, everyone's mind is set - I dare say including mine - I'll wait till there's any further developments before commenting again....I think.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
At least you have film of him playing, that's cool as # for your memories and his legacy.
You should get your organ out and have a play mate haha! 53 meh, still a child lol.
I'm thinking acoustic guitar again and in the zone for next summer playing by campfires on the beach. I've got all my teeth back now so big smile and strumming tunes I'll be a babe magnet for sure lol

Brexit thread has developed into my story of destroying citizens files prior to the information freedom changes and government corruption now lol

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

There's a few clips of him playing with Page & Plant too.

You play the guitar round the beach campfire and I'll just concentrate on drinking the beer and helping create the ambience.

That's if you'll have the time what with your Hollywood smile and all year round tan.

Got to go now....been relatively busy all day and I can hear the pub calling my name!
Going to be a good boy tonight....1am deadline tonight.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Year round tan lol, mine is crap, white feet and looks like I'm wearing white shorts when I take them off - the tragedy of working outdoors.
Good luck with your curfew, bet you don't stick to it haha!
Have a good night though

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Year round tan lol, mine is crap, white feet and looks like I'm wearing white shorts when I take them off - the tragedy of working outdoors.
Good luck with your curfew, bet you don't stick to it haha!
Have a good night though

Remind me of my failed tan from past month

Some friends told me it was the "vanilla with chokolate ice cream" look ha ha ha

I think you have the same problem lmao

Self imposed curfews are impossible haha, i have tried them too, like to go sleep at 11 pm at most and then i'm here at 2/3 am, then sleep for 4 hours and have to rush driving like crazy to make it on time

I don't think humans are built like that, only some manage to do but i don't think they get to have so much fun in life

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Don't think this is on the Jukebox
but this is my Mexican song for the day

edit on 27-9-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay
Haha my tan is awful, patchy because of wearing different clothes while working outdoors!
Ah well summer has gone now so everyone is fading back to British white again lol.

Mexican song of the day was great, really dreamy and gentle.

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join