It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: BoneSay
Ah I totally get you!
My EU mates are the same, a Czech friend especially she doesn't use 'a' or 'the' and it doesn't matter because I know exactly what she means. Her best mate is from Slovakia and she speaks perfect English, you would think she was English, even got the local accent.
Czech friend still translates but Slovakian friend actually thinks in English now she tells me.
I find it fascinating.

I had a Mexican girlfriend for a couple of years and when she got emotional she would do the same, shouting a mixture of Spanish and English, I loved it to be honest!
Never be shamed for making mistakes, you should be really proud knowing 3 languages, I'm jealous a bit.

lol that's funny when it happens, mixing up languages. ive been thinking about it and if i don't hurry to answer i can actually directly think in English or Spanish, no translation needed, it's cool
but can't once i try to think or speak too fast, will have to work more on that

i can imagine your girlfriend yelling in mixed languages lmao, with mexican accent?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
My song for the day

I will need another coffee and something yummy to eat too, i still have yet to taste one of those English breakfasts but i have heard you need to have good health insurance before anything else, and a good cardiologist.. lmao

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Haha it's why we have universal healthcare in the UK, heart attack breakfasts!
It would be £2000 a month if we had to buy private insurance for such a greasy fat filled feast.
Top tune of the day

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Yes beautiful Spanish Mexican accent, she was from Mexico City, had bad boy gangster family lol, I was out of my depth, would probably have been 'disappeared' if I'd gone back to Mexico with her.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Tune for a sunny morning, is it really nearly 30 years old haha...

edit on 30-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: stupid auto correct

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Sometimes, living on the other side of the world is not that good :/

But found another link, cool song

edit on 30-9-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I can't watch the vid because EU

EDIT
You got the same just the other way round lol, the internet is changing for sure.
edit on 30-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Outside my window now

edit on 30-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Outside my window now

Must be so nice, a cup of coffee and looking out the window

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Yes and in a good mood for working, I'm feeling industrious, word of the day!
Have a good day at college

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I can't watch the vid because EU

EDIT
You got the same just the other way round lol, the internet is changing for sure.

It was same song but uploaded from "this side", the is is ridiculous, we posted the same song. I can't hear your video and you can't hear mine, but same song. Whoever controls this has very bad mental issues

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Yes and in a good mood for working, I'm feeling industrious, word of the day!
Have a good day at college

Nice feeling, i think i get it about the work thing

Going out there in 4 hours

I used to have a bug, a beetle from 1998, it was old and broken, and failing a lot. I had it for a year but it was just giving up now. Poor bug, was my first car, i spent my savings back then to get it, but i think i killed it lmao. Raise a glass for my first car, who died in the name of me going crazy all around

But just got a new car lol, an Audi A4, just got it past Saturday and now I see a thread about how Audi drivers are mindless beasts, ohhhhh too bad. ha ha ha

What to do? What to dooooooo LMFAO...
edit on 1-10-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
RIP Beetle
Audi A4, nice!
My son can only dream of getting one because his insurance is so expensive since crashing his first car stupidly driving while drunk. He's just got his licence back but even the smallest cars (Vauxhall Corsa's, Nissan Micra's) are 4-5 thousand £'s a year to buy insurance. Lol, he has learned his lesson.

And Audi drivers yes, I saw that thread haha, it will change you when you drive it! When I borrow my mates S class Mercedes I notice other drivers treat me differently, definitely more grumpy faces than if I'm driving a work van.
Short day today so chilling in the yard now under nice Autumn sun.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

RIP Beetle
Audi A4, nice!
My son can only dream of getting one because his insurance is so expensive since crashing his first car stupidly driving while drunk. He's just got his licence back but even the smallest cars (Vauxhall Corsa's, Nissan Micra's) are 4-5 thousand £'s a year to buy insurance. Lol, he has learned his lesson.

And Audi drivers yes, I saw that thread haha, it will change you when you drive it! When I borrow my mates S class Mercedes I notice other drivers treat me differently, definitely more grumpy faces than if I'm driving a work van.
Short day today so chilling in the yard now under nice Autumn sun.

I always thought things like insurance weren't very expensive in Europe and the UK, not sure why i had that idea

That's a lot of cash, in this country you can get a nice car with that same amount by the way, not a new car but something from 2010 or so and it extremely good conditions

Is it that expensive just because he had a crash and now they ask for more than normal amount?

Day here is nice too, not too hot, i'm hopeful it will get colder soon

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Yes, he's seen as a risk now so has to pay more lol.
Vehicle insurance works like that in the UK, its £300 a year for me because I'm old and have never crashed or had a claim against me.
...how can you wish for the cold lmao???

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Yes, he's seen as a risk now so has to pay more lol.
Vehicle insurance works like that in the UK, its £300 a year for me because I'm old and have never crashed or had a claim against me.
...how can you wish for the cold lmao???

AC is broken and i have been unable to fix it, it kills me

I would love some snow, even if just a bit lmao

I hope i will never have an accident, it would be bad for my bank account lmao, i never had one in the entire past year while i had the bug. Honestly i feel a bit scared with this car, it is brand new and i never had one like this, i feel like it will be not so much new soon
Is just that when i'm out there i feel like it is so fragile and that it's going to break very easy, unlike the old bug that i was very confident it could endure anything, including me driving it lmfao

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
AC is rare in Britain lol.
Audi I know what you mean haha, I only do old vehicles though, bit of duct tape over a rusty spot to get through the government annual safety test.

EDIT
Totally legal of course, just know the law and it's easy here.
edit on 1-10-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Totally legal of course, just know the law and it's easy here.

In case "they" are watching lmao

Hello there gov guys!

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Lmao yes, gotta give out the disclaimer first though.
Listening to this right now...

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Lmao yes, gotta give out the disclaimer first though.
Listening to this right now...

That was awesome, i never heard that band before. Now looking for more tracks from them

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join