It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Velvet Underground were very much at the forefront of the east coast music and art scene in the late 60's.
Their connection with Andy Warhol helped them and if I'm honest sort of put me off listening to them when I was younger....I thought they were the pretentious arty types.
And guess what, they were...but they recorded some excellent music.
John Cale has gone on to do all sorts of stuff - quite bizarrely my Dad, a welder from North East England, likes him.
Lou Reed has become a bit of a favourite of mine.
And Nico flirted with the early Punk scene in the UK and she even lived with John Cooper Clarke for a while.
Nico died in a cycling accident in Ibiza.

Along with Siouxsie Sioux Nico is a bit of a heroine of mine.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I don't know what genre this is but I really liked it after bumping into

Lol, banana

B.A.N.A.N.A.S

This S*it is bananas! B.A.N.A.N.A.S!

lmfao......

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
This song, i don't even know how to explain :S

Hanna and Ashley are sooo awesome, but they have a different level, here they sing Mexican music

As i'm living here right now i am mixing and becoming Mexican as much as i can do, by the way! but i already knew things about how they live. It's just that now that i am here permanently i find so many romantic and beautiful stuff..

Hanna and Ashley are from America by the way

They just liked it to be "Mexican" in pretend, just like me

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
When i go to other countries, i want to stand there and be part of it all. I don't want for people to say "ohhh look at those weird gray eyes and that accent, or whatever"

I love to be just part of it, and that no one can figure it out. And so i have always been like that lmao. I went to the US and learned english and american customs as much as i could until people did not even know better, and i have more or less done the same in Mexico. If i ever move to Italy or other country i will do the same

Right now i will merge and be absorbed by Mexico, which i already knew from 10 years back but not like this. But oh well sorry for imposing but maybe i will be posting more videos of mexican musica everyone and then lmfao....

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Your dad has good music taste then.
He must have a DAB site radio because FM won't supply much classic tunes lol

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay
Haha keep the Mexican tunes coming, I love it!
I totally understand immersing yourself into it, I'd do the same if I was travelling again.

...lazy day off today but woke up as if for work at 7:30 now so laying in bed with no intention of moving, got my cat curled up next to me and life is perfect.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Haha keep the Mexican tunes coming, I love it!
I totally understand immersing yourself into it, I'd do the same if I was travelling again.

...lazy day off today but woke up as if for work at 7:30 now so laying in bed with no intention of moving, got my cat curled up next to me and life is perfect.

Oof.. Such amazing song, that guy

I don't even know, he was looking people around him, never being part of it, just watching. That's how i feel from his songs < 3

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Agreed!
Ask Freeborn, he probably gave him a couple of cig papers to make a spliff at a festival back in the day lol.
...'perfect day' is actually my morning alarm ringtone on my phone, it's the best to wake up to!

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Just popping in for a quick snack, ham and mustard sarnie.

Indian ordered for tonight; Chicken Tikka Jalfrezi, Keema Rice and Garlic Nan.

Did someone mention Punk?

Here's some decent American punk;

Adolescents. Kids of the Black Hole.

Dead Kennedys. California Uber Alles.

Dropkick Murphys. The Workers Song.

Old Firm Casuals. Perry Boys.

Could comment on all four tracks but don't want to bore the tits off everyone.

Please doooooo

The one who bothered you was me, i was looking for Punk from the 70's in the US, i did not find kind of what i was looking for. I found Blondie and Ramones and a couple other things but mostly from 80's. I wanted to see the roots from the 70's, because that's what i heard before. Punk started in the 70's but i can't find special songs from the US from that time and it bothers me, i'm pretty sure there are. underground and such, but no where to be found on the web :/

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Just popping in for a quick snack, ham and mustard sarnie.

Indian ordered for tonight; Chicken Tikka Jalfrezi, Keema Rice and Garlic Nan.

Did someone mention Punk?

Here's some decent American punk;

Adolescents. Kids of the Black Hole.

Dead Kennedys. California Uber Alles.

Dropkick Murphys. The Workers Song.

Old Firm Casuals. Perry Boys.

Could comment on all four tracks but don't want to bore the tits off everyone.

Here's a Mexican punk angsty song
This is why i started looking into punk

Honestly, there is a lot of stuff going on in this country that makes this song feel right. I don't know how to explain but punk is like the right way to express it right now
edit on 26-9-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Haha no idea what they were singing but I really liked that!

Fajitas are on the special menu now today, £3.50 all fillings.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Haha no idea what they were singing but I really liked that!

Fajitas are on the special menu now today, £3.50 all fillings.

I used to also not have an idea but I get them now lmao

Fajitas are yummy ! I will go get my sombrero lmao

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Sombrero lmao!
Be careful, someone will accuse you of cultural appropriation or some other lame thing

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Mexican food is ok....but obviously Tequila trumps everything that has come out of Mexico.

I once found myself in a friends house at about 2am wanting more drink but all he had was about six or seven bottles of Desperados and about half a bottle of Jack Daniels....and thus a new drink was born; Jackerados....must be drunk very cold.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Jackerados haha love it!
I had a Mexican girlfriend for a couple of years, I loved when she was angry with me and would shout in Spanish, I'd melt saying more more lol
Latino passion is amazing!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Sombrero lmao!
Be careful, someone will accuse you of cultural appropriation or some other lame thing

I bet haha, but I have and friends also have wear them and people find it funny and they encourage. Well I mean Mexico people, I bet people from other countries would not think it's funny and would burn us at the stake

So weird that native people feels happy we adopt culture and customs but foreign people cry about. :$

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Lol it seems to me only American people on the internet get offended by stuff like that.
Real life not so much

...not working today, was going to but just changed my mind so made a phone call and bailed, got my new implant tooth fitted yesterday so I'm gonna go around smiling at people in town instead later.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Lol it seems to me only American people on the internet get offended by stuff like that.
Real life not so much

...not working today, was going to but just changed my mind so made a phone call and bailed, got my new implant tooth fitted yesterday so I'm gonna go around smiling at people in town instead later.

Sometimes it is worthy, to skip the day
, there's a nice feeling to doing that

Congratulations on the tooth implant! Sounds like you feel very happy right now and i always feel great when i hear thing like this

I can kind of get what you feel, i will do my eye some day so that it goes back to look how it should be he he, i bet will be the same feeling

I had a picture of a friend with a sombrero but i cant find it anymore, too bad because it was so funny lmao

edit on 27-9-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Real life not so much

Today found this song, while on my punk discovery trip

"I don't even know why, but truth seems like a lie"

Identify so much with this line < 3

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Oh massively happy thank you!
My front teeth have been a total rebuild over the years from sailing accidents to fist fights, 4 implants and 3 crowns lol. I'm loving smiling again now though haha, such a great feeling!

...loving your punk exploration as well, I was never really into it when I was young but some of the tunes you and Freeborn put on the jukebox has changed my mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join