It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: BoneSay

Thanks Say, yes she's a survivor

I can only pop in for a morning coffee as I'm actually working today, on a Monday!!
Have a good start to the week catch you later.

Have a good day
I have a day off so i will sleep until 2/3 pm, Mondays should be forbidden by law lmao, but then people would ask for Tuesdays to also be considered.. and so on.. lmfao

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Pmsl yes!!!
Enjoy your lay in, I'm not jealous!

EDIT

edit on 24-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Pmsl yes!!!
Enjoy your lay in, I'm not jealous!

EDIT

Ow, i know that group, so cool and nostalgic. I like this one other song xaxa, i can see how this happens as i have seen it from before. I know it's a different things looking back but i can feel it

I find it somehow nostalgic, and also like "oh what the hell maybe this time it can happen for real" lol. I don't know but i feel a bit attached to this one song, i guess i will be on that situation later on but but i hope i will not, it is sad, honestly, but i know lots of people who do :S

I was born that year (2000) lmfao, maybe that was the feeling back then and i got stuck with it

edit on 24-9-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Just going to drop this here.
"What were the skies like when you were young?"

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
Just going to drop this here.
"What were the skies like when you were young?"

Much more hard-working and motivated than the lazy, lay about, snowflake skies we see today. Honestly, skies these days don't even know they are born.......(grumble grumble.......)
edit on 24-9-2018 by Flavian because: Grammar (important as a Nazi)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Sorry I didn't put that over well. Let me say I retired from the paid bit, wanted to sell all my tools to get rid of the temptation of "come and do this little job for me" syndrome. Like little jobs, fitting a kitchen, fitting a new roof and the classic "I only want a couple of new doors fitted".
The missus wouldn't let me sell my tools so I bounce from job to job mainly friends and relatives. you know the game"I'll give you a drink" jobs.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Popping in for a coffee and a read of my book....and some relief from the Brexit thread!

A bit of SLF on the jukebox;

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

I remember flopping down onto the cool grass, staring at the clouds making pictures in my mind. Wondering if someone/something was looking down at me. Drifting off nearly asleep and feeling weightless, being late for dinner, always late.
I've wondered if the clouds have drifted to the folks that I love and they are looking at them also (of course I know they don't!). I like the idea of us looking at the same moon.

Much more hard-working and motivated than the lazy, lay about, snowflake skies we see today. Honestly, skies these days don't even know they are born.......(grumble grumble.......)

Yes, hard work and motivation can be difficult to locate these days. I can only keep plugging along and take care of my own and hope that I've instilled some sort of good qualities that my offspring will follow.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I hosted a massive 'end of the world' party in my house on the new years eve before the year 2000 haha you have loads of catching up to do with end of the world predications doom!
I like disco 2000 as well, tells a story loads of us can identify with

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Haha you know that's an old time favourite of mine!
How's you? Good to see you in the cafe, got any local dishes worth going on the menu here?

...you may have read a page or two back though hipster food is banned, so cous cous and quail eggs etc will be dismissed immediately.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Good tunes after a hard Monday haha

I'm working tomorrow as well shock horror but not Wednesday though, 3 days in a row is the stuff of nightmares!

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I'm having two days abstinence, failed miserably to stick to my self-imposed curfew.

I'm going to find some sh!te TV to watch on catch-up or just sit and read a book or two.

Don't be making a habit of working, its really no good for the soul.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Lol at missing your own curfew. Good weekend then yeh.
You're right about working too much but the boys I was with today are good mates so the pisstake and banter is brilliant.
Got fed as well today as the guy paying for the job took us for a pub lunch, imagine trying to get back into it after a full roast dinner, I wanted to sleep...the local ale helped as well.

...that Brexit thread is funny as #, matey is persistent isn't he?! I'm tempted to get back into it but repeating ourselves has become boring to read now.
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Said anything later than 1am would be viewed as weak willed failure;

Thursday. 3am
Friday. 1.30am
Saturday. 4.30am
Sunday.12.30am.

1 out of 4 isn't bad.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I'm having two days abstinence, failed miserably to stick to my self-imposed curfew.

I'm going to find some sh!te TV to watch on catch-up or just sit and read a book or two.

Don't be making a habit of working, its really no good for the soul.

Gonna have to be the book im afraid as you were correct - tv has been sh!te the last few days!

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Haha you know that's an old time favourite of mine!
How's you? Good to see you in the cafe, got any local dishes worth going on the menu here?

...you may have read a page or two back though hipster food is banned, so cous cous and quail eggs etc will be dismissed immediately.

Well, let's see...how about some hot chicken with sweet potato pancakes and fried green tomatoes. Good ol' artery clogging good times since we ARE in a virtual cafe!!

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Haha!
I only go 'out out' if I know I can write the next day off because I can't trust myself if it's a laugh and other mates are still up for it.

Speaking of laugh, a mate I was working together with today asked me what deodorant I had on reckoned it smelled great.
I told him it was the 65 pence spray from Wilko's and if it attracts scruffy builders I ain't #ing using it any more!

EDIT
If you do want scruffy builders to think you smell gorgeous though it's the cheapest body spray Wilko's own range, "Oriental Spice, A journey into ginger and cinnamon" Lmfao!
edit on 24-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Oh that sounds good, any sauce you recommend?
I would ask the chef but he's a cheap Albanian illegal immigrant so needs to be taught new recipes.
He is cheap though, same as the Australian server who's tourist visa expired...cheap as, minimum wage? Pfft yer 'Aving a laugh ain't ya!

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

One may need a glass of ice water to accompany the chicken.
Some folks like ranch with their tomatoes, I prefer them plain.

Since it's not customary to tip in your country I suppose it doesn't matter if the Albanian makes them well or not

I could jump into the kitchen and whip some up though.

Crap British weather here today! Whose idea was that?! I'm writing a strongly worded letter to the folks at weather.gov

Also glad to hear you were able to make it to work today LMAO, bout time!

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I love spicy, and I've never tried fried green tomatoes, to me it is just the name of a movie...a movie I've still never actually watched.

Lmao @British weather haha, was full sun and blues skies today, really nice. Don't worry though it'll be same old grey sky and drizzle rain season back soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join