It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 122
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Murgatroid
I've seen that, fantastic old film

I quite like some of the old black and white films, after a while I imagine colour.
12 Angry Men, and The 39 Steps are two other favourite B&W films of mine...and Night of the Living Dead of course, classic.

See we never did the Thursday movie night :/

would have been wonderful, I still remember that one movie about the punk girl < 3

Running out now, have a nice day and pleae take care a lot and love you very much

Don't do school, stay in drugs!.. oh wait!... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤔🤔🤔

ohhhhhhh so i think i figured out what went wrong...

🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃😵😵😵😵

have an amazing day guys!!

💜💜💜

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Lol, I'm brilliant with faces but crap at remembering names.
I'll meet people in town and they say "Hiya Tony how are you doing?" I reply something like "Brilliant mate thanks, how are you, you're looking well", brief chat then I go on my way thinking what is their name, ashamed that they remembered mine from some party months ago or whatever.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay
Haha you nut!

I'll fly over for next Thursday, you can pick the movie lol.
I'm going out as well, catch you later, and big love back < 3
...good luck following the rules at your aunt's house haha!

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

This is my favorite part in the movie....

Jimmy Stewart's guardian Angel (Clarence) is trying to earn his wings:

edit on 1.5.2019 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

LOL that's me as well, glad I'm not the only one...

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Haha yes!
I was at the pub the other day, some woman came sat on a bar stool next to me, knew my name, and knew loads about me, I didn't have a clue where I knew her from, I was probably off my head at a party lol
We chatted a good hour and I pulled it off like I knew who she was

Nice woman but not my type, she was a bit too 'into me' so I made polite excuses, gave her a friendly hug goodbye and went for some food in a pub round the corner.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Total stereotype, but if you know anyone who makes moonshine that would be the icing on the cake.

Well, I may know a guy who knows a guy *wink* LOL!!!

Truly though we would all have a blast...this is my new view from the front sidewalk.

(the other day wit my gift of crap British weather, thanks again!
)

There is plenty of room inside as well, this place is a mansion compared to where I am moving from. I've already got my old landlord set up with potential new folks. This place has 2 two car garages, 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths, a partially finished basement in where I am sticking my BIL because I can no longer afford to keep him up in his own place so...y'know.

I meant to say way back (read it somewhere) that I was happy to hear of the Rugby star's interview and *fingers crossed* for him and his gurl. My youngest (you remember the funny jokester one!) finished with her senior year Friday before last and is looking for full time employment now that she is out of school and won't start college until the fall.

BTW...when you DO come if we get annoyed with each other I will hire you to go to Florida and do some work for me at the house that is slowly turning into a money pit. My renter in the other house is a pain but, she's got a small child and I'm an old softy LOL

I'm heading out soon to get some junk from the old shed and clutter up the building here!
The great purge will have to wait until warmer weather and then I'll be more in the mood to donate/or trash it all.

Stay warm and have a beautiful day!

< 3

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
For Bonesay

(((hugs)))

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Oh that looks fantastic, so much open space!
My cottage is tiny compared to yours, one of my brothers stayed down for my son's birthday over new year, he had a single mattress on the floor next to my bed lol, I do have a nice sea view though.

I'll work in FL, have to be cash in hand though being only a tourist visa haha!
...good news kiddo is looking for full time work, is there much around in your area?
Classic stereotype, but if she moved here she could get a job tomorrow in a crab processing place or a pasty factory lol
Have a lovely day, and enjoy the crap British style weather...grey skies here as well, it'll be grey until at least March!

< 3

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I've been to Cleveland plenty of times and it IS beautiful, just don't get off on the back streets LOL

My daughter was fortunate (and talented) enough to play travel basketball and every week (except a couple off during summer) we were in a different part of the state. Clarksville to Murfreesboro, Chattanooga to north of Knoxville. Good times and yes, great folks I have met.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Oh that looks fantastic, so much open space!
My cottage is tiny compared to yours, one of my brothers stayed down for my son's birthday over new year, he had a single mattress on the floor next to my bed lol, I do have a nice sea view though.

I'll work in FL, have to be cash in hand though being only a tourist visa haha!
...good news kiddo is looking for full time work, is there much around in your area?
Classic stereotype, but if she moved here she could get a job tomorrow in a crab processing place or a pasty factory lol
Have a lovely day, and enjoy the crap British style weather...grey skies here as well, it'll be grey until at least March!

< 3

The floor is always an option in my house as well...I WILL try to find you a comfy sleep bag tho.

She works and has been working at the local theater and she takes after me with the public. She is outgoing and friendly however the hours aren't there...

We are not factory type of workers and it would likely kill our spirit to be in a building all day with no real light. She'll find something, she is well liked and respected in the community by peers and us old folks that "run the show" so no worries, she's got this!

(((hugs))) Just seen you and bonesay been stirring the pot! Don't get your self banned and have to come back as "bladeofgrass" or "starintheuniverse" or some such!

edit on 5-1-2019 by TNMockingbird because: pretty sure the keyboard is mad at me or something : /

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I moved to the south from LA and my first impression was "what have I done" and felt like I was on some strange planet at first but eventually I made some good friends...

To this day every now and then someone will ask me if I'm from the south and proceed to explain that I have some kind of southern twang, apparently unbeknownst to me, I picked it up while living there for 14 years.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
For Bonesay

(((hugs)))

Thank you that was beautiful, i can get what you mean, i will do my best. For now i follow through as i have no road ahead in short term, but i have my own way anyway so will go there once i know i can do it safe

Mistakes were made lol, but i know i can fix things, i always do

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   

(((hugs))) Just seen you and bonesay been stirring the pot! Don't get your self banned and have to come back as "bladeofgrass" or "starintheuniverse" or some such!

Yes, that thread turned into a bit of a mess because of arguing lol, I've learned my lesson so will just ignore in future...I just can't help being like a dog with a bone sometimes lol
I got spanked but have promised to behave so I'm allowed back out of my room to play again.

Song for the start of the week...

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Yes, that thread turned into a bit of a mess because of arguing lol, I've learned my lesson so will just ignore in future...I just can't help being like a dog with a bone sometimes lol
I got spanked but have promised to behave so I'm allowed back out of my room to play again.

Song for the start of the week...

Comes to mind, should post it next time instead lol

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Haha you nut!

That other guy in the thread was on your case as well wasn't he!
I was going to comment there but I'm letting it go so you have the last word haha.

People online are funny crazy aggressive, I bet they don't speak to people the same face to face.
The way some folk speak on here would result in fist fights if they were like it at the pub.
One particular member I'm completely ignoring now, he's aggressive and unfriendly to everyone...I have no time for folk like that.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay

For Bonesay

(((hugs)))

Thank you that was beautiful, i can get what you mean, i will do my best. For now i follow through as i have no road ahead in short term, but i have my own way anyway so will go there once i know i can do it safe

Mistakes were made lol, but i know i can fix things, i always do

Great song and its great to see young women get it while still young.

Funny in the lyrics the first line is "Feel it falling off like clothing", i had to laugh because I lost weight and most of my pants feel like they are falling off. It's not something one can ignore. lol

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight
Lol, my belt buckle broke in town the other day and I had to hold my trousers up so I didn't look like some wannabe gangster showing my underpants!

...I'm a 32 inch waist but in stores here they are usually short legged so I end up buying longer 34 inch waist trousers and use a belt.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I will have to start using a belt too or start buying new clothes.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight
Lol, I'm the same, back to work after Christmas I've actually lost weight, maybe because I've been asleep laying in bed half the time not eating while off work. I'm usually 85kgs but I'm 83 now.

top topics

<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join