It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 101
<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

If you call me a twit/twat I just call you a jerk!

Well, cause sometimes you are...

And me too in all fairness.

LOL

LMFAO! I remember the first time i was called a twat

I thought it was for real and i wondered "i'm a twat and i did not know it? That's how they thought about me all this time?"

lmfao and then i had to be explained that friends in the UK can call themselves like that and it means they are actually more close friends and trust each other to mess around with names and stuff

edit on 23-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Love this song, hope will never find myself on that situation but i kind of feeling it coming in the air lol

Gwen is so cool, i really like all about her ❤️❤️

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay
So true!
UK people use loads of swear words and it is a sign of trust and friendship.
If my mates were scared to call me a prick or whatever I'd worry they weren't my mates lol

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Gwen is cool!
And lol at the situation in the song it's like that in my parts in winter, everyone knows each other so ex's have to deal with each other being split at the same parties or whatever.
Two ex's of mine are married to two trusted male mates of mine, we have to chuckle about it, only thing you can do.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Today i learned about this band lol, one of my friend's dad showed it, i think my dad was part of what he talks about he he

So much energy but i could not understand a few thing he was singing about, honestly, but i do get most of it. And also i looked up the lyrics and i kind of get it now, i don't know how to feel about it though

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Gwen is cool!
And lol at the situation in the song it's like that in my parts in winter, everyone knows each other so ex's have to deal with each other being split at the same parties or whatever.
Two ex's of mine are married to two trusted male mates of mine, we have to chuckle about it, only thing you can do.

I love her songs

I don't know how to feel about having friends that are also ex's. Would be hard to deal with, i'm very jealous in general and possessive at times. More like i try to lead a lot and don't like the part of the "second girl" or stuff, i have a saying that goes something like "shoe you throw once, you never pick up again" but i don't know :S
edit on 23-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Gwen is cool!

I love her songs

I don't know how to feel about having friends that are also ex's. Would be hard to deal with, i'm very jealous in general and possessive at times. More like i try to lead a lot and don't like the part of the "second girl" or stuff, i have a saying that goes something like "shoe you throw once, you never pick up again" but i don't know :S

Got reminded about Grace VanderWaal
She covered that song about ex's lol, she's amazing as well

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

I thought Bosfoddock was a place in Cornwall?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Also it's never a bad time to remind everyone that CCG loves crawly beasts from hell, let's all make an effort to send some his way through post or whatever other means

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: InTheLight

Is swearing frowned on where you are?

Pretty much compulsory here. At an old firm of mine the senior partner wrote a letter:

"Dear Sir

Eff off.

PS - Rude letter to follow".

He didn't say "eff", though.

No we don't go that far (letter) lol, but some people just use every other word as a swear word as their way of speaking and I find it annoying, but I also become annoyed when people also say 'like' or 'umm' every second word too. I don't swear when I speak or use swear words to make a story sound more exciting. I will, however, swear if I hurt myself or some bad mojo comes my way. Most people around me don't use swear words in their speech, but do when they get pissed.

As for calling each other insulting names, my hubby will call me a 'bo bo' sometimes, but only when I do something that is 'bo bo'. He would never call me a 'twat' 'twunt' or anything along those lines because he knows better. ha ha He also calls his friends 'bo bo' when they do something 'bo bo' but never anything insulting like you guys do.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Also it's never a bad time to remind everyone that CCG loves crawly beasts from hell, let's all make an effort to send some his way through post or whatever other means

Hi there!

So, following your lead I recited a series of incantations to the Creepy Crawly Beasts From Hell Overlords...we shall see...
In the meanwhile, I shot some photos, ohhh, a couple of years ago. I may or may not have shown them to CCG at that time. I believe that may have been the first hint he received that I am nuts. I like to go into the woods and find where the CCTs (creepy crawly things) live and film them in their environment. If they seem friendly, I'll pick them up and we play.

This is a common funnel weaver at the base of a tree and it never would come out but, the web is just beautiful to me.
It's the day after glutton day here in America and I am hanging out nursing a toothache. Jammin' on your tune selections and the RAGE video reminded me of MY younger years. I suppose your father and I could have been around the same age.
Rebellion and mutiny were two of my middle names and I am still fairly the same. I raised my children to question everything and don't just "go along" with the masses. If it feels wrong to you, it likely is and don't second guess your gut.

There is some very interesting and tumultuous back story regarding La Rocha and Morello if you have time and are able to read up on it. With that said, here is an all time favorite song of mine and includes some folks that you may recognize...

IIRC you have a little daredevil in you...I thought that you may enjoy.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Yes, it does get annoying when it's every other word - kind of debases the point of swearing. I get annoyed when people say "you know" all the time. And when people say "to be honest with you" what? Like, that is unusual for you? Etc.

"Bo bo" - tha's a new one on me. Does it have a meaning?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Yes, it does get annoying when it's every other word - kind of debases the point of swearing. I get annoyed when people say "you know" all the time. And when people say "to be honest with you" what? Like, that is unusual for you? Etc.

I always assumed the meaning to be a nicer version of 'silly' 'stupid', but I never asked because I don't want to know. lol

When someone starts off a sentence with 'to be honest with you', I think that it could possibly be the opposite.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Indeed. People over here have an expression "I'm not being funny, but..." then you just know that they are about to be a right pain.

A bit like people who say "I'm not a racist but...."

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
@BoneSay & TNmockingbird, haha you pair of nuts!!! You know I don't like crawly creepy bitey things!!
I'm also scared of bears as TN knows, no chance I'd live in bear or creepy crawly land, maybe visit, but with a local who owns a gun lol

@oldcarpy, I'm not being funny but...haha!

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Just got back from the dive backstreet pub which sells everything for £2.50, I had gammon (real, not reformed) fried egg, peas and chips/fries for £2.50, even left some chips because there were so many. I'm never cooking again at those prices lol
Had a pint of local ale as well, again, £2.50

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Every other word is annoying, but I called a stranger a #ing twat earlier in a conversation at the pub while we were laughing about something, he laughed and gave me a friendly shoulder bump...it's all about tone of voice and context, swear words are a massive part of British communication.
Maybe people in North America just don't get it, heck they get offended by statues and gender pronouns...I'm glad Britain is still blunt same as Australians, I'd rather move to Oz than the US anyday, they are more of a laugh, less fear of how you should interact.

EDIT
I have a very fine honed English telephone accent and business manner, BBC speak maybe lol, but once out of the business environment it's swear and regional accent central if the word is appropriate. There is an old boy at the pub and he's "#ing this and that" almost every sentence, but he's hilarious, he'd have thieves hands cut off, rapists and child abusers castrated or killed, and would shoot dead junkies who are laying in the street. I'm so glad he ain't the Prime Minister, told him "You're a proper # aren't you", he laughed and agreed.
BBC speak is for business only with me in my world, and then once we know each other we all swear the same.

I did dramatic art at high school, I can drop my accent and speak with a BBC accent in a heartbeat lol
edit on 23-11-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Hey, it's human pride, I don't want anyone thinking I'm a twit when I am not, accidents happen in life, drinking or not drinking, it's about respect.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Hi there!

So, following your lead I recited a series of incantations to the Creepy Crawly Beasts From Hell Overlords...we shall see...
In the meanwhile, I shot some photos, ohhh, a couple of years ago. I may or may not have shown them to CCG at that time. I believe that may have been the first hint he received that I am nuts. I like to go into the woods and find where the CCTs (creepy crawly things) live and film them in their environment. If they seem friendly, I'll pick them up and we play.

This is a common funnel weaver at the base of a tree and it never would come out but, the web is just beautiful to me.
It's the day after glutton day here in America and I am hanging out nursing a toothache. Jammin' on your tune selections and the RAGE video reminded me of MY younger years. I suppose your father and I could have been around the same age.
Rebellion and mutiny were two of my middle names and I am still fairly the same. I raised my children to question everything and don't just "go along" with the masses. If it feels wrong to you, it likely is and don't second guess your gut.

There is some very interesting and tumultuous back story regarding La Rocha and Morello if you have time and are able to read up on it. With that said, here is an all time favorite song of mine and includes some folks that you may recognize...

IIRC you have a little daredevil in you...I thought that you may enjoy.

That's a portal to the underworld... 😨

I will read more about them, listened to a few more of those songs and i remember some of them from before but did not know it was them

My father would have been 45 this year so he was about 17 in 1990, he got to live all those days he he. Wish i had been born 30 years ago lmao, when i look at some of the videos of the 90's or so they always look like very authentic and relaxed, no pretend. Like the vibe you get from live rock concerts and so, and then you can know if they guys are for real or lame

That video was awesome
i have heard about that band before but i could not remember one song from them, sadly

Somehow i thought it was more like simple songs pretending to be cool, may be thinking about the wrong band though, i liked this one a lot, i have heard the song played before at rock bars but i did not know it was them,

Around here we get lots and lots of cover bands playing the same songs with terrible broken english lmfao. And so sometimes it just makes it so that you are not interested anymore because of how bad they are

Edited to add:
Just noticed something awesome about the Rage video, he has a cord on the microphone 🤔

He's going all around the place with that very long cord and he doesn't snap it or steps on it or anything, amazing. And i did not see it first time i watched the video, is he constantly keeping track of where the cord is around his feet? How can he jump around and all that without stepping on it and ripping it apart? I really thought wireless mics were a thing since the middle 80's or so. Feeling dumb now lmao, i don't get it but it's cool how he goes all around the cable with no issue at all, like he can feel it even without looking, so cool

Oof
edit on 24-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Hey, it's human pride, I don't want anyone thinking I'm a twit when I am not, accidents happen in life, drinking or not drinking, it's about respect.

But if someone will think bad of y ou they will no matter what, i kick their asses and be done with it but i can't change their minds

They will still think it even if they can't say it anymore lol

top topics

<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join