It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trey Gowdy: 'Disconnect cannot continue' between Trump and intelligence community

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: neo96
Talk about disconnect.

When the Ukrainian president was replaced by a US-selected administration, in an entirely unconstitutional takeover, politicians such as William Hague brazenly misled parliament about the legality of what had taken place: the imposition of a pro-western government on Russia's most neuralgic and politically divided neighbour.

www.theguardian.com...

And a yet greater disconnect is to think that after we did something like this to him, that Putin is our friend and wishes us all well.
An even bigger disconnect, when leftist believe our POTUS has been compromised 😎 despite no evidence of collusion and overwhelming evidence of an active coup against our POTUS by the liberal media and small handful of disgruntles liberal former an active intel agents 😏
edit on 22-7-2018 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Seriously, neo. I have a very hard time with this whole hyperbolic rant about "Russia" interferring for several reasons.

#1 - They have done it forever. Nothing new.

#2 - They supposedly (Russia still denies it) phished emails from DNC and gave them to WikiLeaks to publish. Nothing new.

#3 - Did WikiLeaks publish lies? No. Just the information gleaned from DNC emails. People read them. Okay. They discovered some truths like cheating against Bernie....among other things.

#4 - The U.S. isn't innocent in election influencing in other countries either. So what?

#5 - Our voting machines are not interconnected nationally. "Russia" failed in those efforts, too.

????????????????

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Talk about disconnect.

When the Ukrainian president was replaced by a US-selected administration, in an entirely unconstitutional takeover, politicians such as William Hague brazenly misled parliament about the legality of what had taken place: the imposition of a pro-western government on Russia's most neuralgic and politically divided neighbour.

www.theguardian.com...

And a yet greater disconnect is to think that after we did something like this to him, that Putin is our friend and wishes us all well.
An even bigger disconnect, when leftist believe our POTUS has been compromised 😎 despite no evidence of collusion and overwhelming evidence of an active coup against our POTUS by the liberal media and small handful of disgruntles liberal former an active intel agents 😏

Are you aware that there is an ongoing investigation into collusion with Russia?

You must be, and not only that, you must be one of lawyers on that team since you have knowledge none of us do, that there is no evidence.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

And Neo McCarthyists have a rather effective disinformation marketing campaign.

Which brings us back to.

The very definition of disconnect.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

#5 - Our voting machines are not interconnected nationally. "Russia" failed in those efforts, too.

#6 The electoral college isn't either, and it's the thing that actually decides who da prez iz.

link   

Talk about disconnect.

www.theguardian.com...

Are you aware that there is an ongoing investigation into collusion with Russia?

You must be, and not only that, you must be one of lawyers on that team since you have knowledge none of us do, that there is no evidence.
Yes, damanded overwhelmingly by Dims and some RINOs and despite millions of dollars, have managed to pull one short term member and his ill failings from several yeara ago.

The rest is BS designed to keep Trump in bad light for the Press.

Trump isn't under investigation 😏 lets make that clear.

link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I like Gowdy - a lot. He should be AG, or on the supreme court or even run for POTUS - super smart, I have yet to witness anyone remotely close to him on all things 'US Constitution'.

Now, with that said, IMO, the disconnect is with the intelligence community - here are 3 quick examples of why they are the enemy and should be completely overhauled with a higher standard of public accountability and a clear understanding that they exist to work for taxpayers:

1. FBI ambushed and then murdered, in cold blood, LaVoy Finicum. The whole planet witnessed it in real time. The FBI uses a policy of entrapment, even of innocent people, to achieve results.
2. NSA used PRISM to spy on US citizens - Snowden.
3. CIA is a pentagon first strike weapon, IRAQ.

None of those 3 entities work for US citizens, they work for the deep state and their MSM propaganda wing. John O. Brennan is the case-in-point - what is the M.O in employing an ex-intelligence chief to be an 'adviser' on the TVs whose sole purpose to date is lying about Trump using any mean necessary.

So, back to Gowdys plight and my opinion - the IC needs to change, they've had it too good (no accountability) for too damn long. Time to reign them in.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Talk about disconnect.

www.theguardian.com...

Oh, are you also aware that an FBI head has been fired, as well as his deputy? For political bias and corruption? Not to mention FBI agents being reassigned by Muellers own team as a result of Bias?

Don't want you to get a Strzok 😏

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

There was no collusion by Trump.

There WAS collusion by others, however, and a Big Cover-Up. It involves swamp creatures from the Democrat party and the never Trumpers, the D.C. snakes, the media rats, and others. They liked their dollar-cushioned swamp nest, and Trump, an outsider, threatened it.

We The People are robbed everyday by all kinds of slush funds called programs, projects, initiatives, grants, etc. Some of these haven't been audited in years.

President Donald Trump knows. This swamp clean-up is dirty work and the creatures that have lived in it for years don't want it disturbed.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What was Russia doing in Ukraine in the first place?

a reply to: rollanotherone

Well I don't think OP likes him, he just called him a washed up has been.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Talk about disconnect.

www.theguardian.com...

Yes, damanded overwhelmingly by Dims and some RINOs and despite millions of dollars, have managed to pull one short term member and his ill failings from several yeara ago.

The rest is BS designed to keep Trump in bad light for the Press.

Trump isn't under investigation 😏 lets make that clear.

Whatever makes you sleep better. I think Mueller has shown that he can do a lot in a very short amount of time. Keep in mind that the investigation into Clinton, for example, took many years to come back with a sex act. Mueller has already done a ton more in much less time.

Imagine what another year or two of the investigation could bring. The wise thing to do would be to wait and see what else the investigation turns up before we assume who is guilty and who is not.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

I have no idear.

I'm not a Putin whisperer.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad.

ATS absolutely LOVED Putin and Russia when they put boots on the ground in Syria.

Dems lose an election and now they are public enemy numero uno!

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

should we give it another year or two . My guess is if the Democrats win back the house and or senate it will end . If not on to 2020

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Clearly Team left isn't anyones friends.

Their reason for being is ruling the little people.

That's the purpose of the entire Two Party + IC + MSM System.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

should we give it another year or two . My guess is if the Democrats win back the house and or senate it will end . If not on to 2020

As if it were up to us. Could anyone stop the investigation into Bill Clinton? This investigation will take as long as needs to take, perhaps even longer than the 4 year term. Neither the Republicans, nor the Democrats have the authority to stop it. It will run its course and then we'll find out who's working for America and who is against.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

“Big Brother does not watch us, by his choice. We watch him, by ours... When a population becomes distracted by trivia, when cultural life is redefined as a perpetual round of entertainments, when serious public conversation becomes a form of baby-talk, when, in short, a people become an audience, and their public business a vaudeville act, then a nation finds itself at risk; culture-death is a clear possibility.”
- Professor Neil Postman

As long as we are distracted, entertained, occasionally outraged, always polarized but largely uninvolved and content to remain in the viewer’s seat, we’ll never manage to present a unified front against tyranny (or government corruption and ineptitude) in any form.

The more that is beamed at us, the more inclined we are to settle back in our comfy recliners and become passive viewers rather than active participants as unsettling, frightening events unfold.

“Humilitainment” largely explains not only why American TV watchers are so fixated on reality TV programming but how American citizens, largely insulated from what is really happening in the world around them by layers of technology, entertainment, and other distractions, are being programmed to accept the brutality, surveillance and dehumanizing treatment of the American police state as things happening to other people.

This is what happens when an entire nation—bombarded by reality TV programming, government propaganda and entertainment news—becomes systematically desensitized and acclimated to the trappings of a government that operates by fiat and speaks in a language of force.

We have become guinea pigs in a ruthlessly calculated, carefully orchestrated, chillingly cold-blooded experiment in how to control a population and advance a political agenda without much opposition from the citizenry.

www.zerohedge.com...

edit on 22-7-2018 by ClovenSky because: Added stuff

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Bill Clinton actually did something.

Then lied under oath.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I could charge people that would never see a day in court . I could charge people for crimes not related to what I was supposed to be looking into . What great things has Mueller done ? Oh I forgot , run cover for my friends tried a soft coop to get rid of a elected president . There is alot to dislike about Trump , I am not to happy with his ego . I do like some of his policies .

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Bill Clinton actually did something.

Then lied under oath.

Yes, that's the investigation I was talking about. Four years for a sex act and a lie (back in the day when we cared about lying). This current investigation has already produced FAR more than that in a quarter of that time.
edit on 22-7-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join