It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the flag of St George deemed racist when the other home nations fly theirs with pride?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Surely though we could create a cross spectrum manifesto which is based entirely in logic and reason
which is inclusive and diverse in its scope and also protects the people and environment
is sustainable and supports the future generations

We could do it

Which field of politics shall we tackle first , lets make this thread our cultural manifesto for a NEW United Kingdom!

NOVA UK , ok first we need a catchy name, to match trumps MAGA !
MBGTAA (make britain greater than america again ) Im joking that is such a #e name .

It could just work by the way because the political parties divide themselves to begin with by being either end of the spectrum
but we could use unity as our prime selling point , we have more that unites us than divides us, so find the things we are united on and use them as our manifesto selling points !
the things we are divided on we can debate reasonably within our party and in government!
We can appeal to the full spectrum a party that is left , right and inbetween

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Depends on the time of year.

But you just need to put up with the little blighters, they are everywhere there is any green or fields, just how it is.
edit on 20-7-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Apart from Camden I have no time for London.

Too many people outside the UK think London is England and the UK as a whole.
There is far, far more to this group of Islands and its people.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

hahhaahha I think they have went aff me !

when I was wee they used to chew me up Id be heid to toe bitten !

We used to camp at loch venachar , Lubnaig , Awe , well ye ken whit a mean , anywhere up the trossachs and beyond
and I used to get Devoured by midigies
the wee #in bastards !

shame we cant weaponise them ! and annoy our enemies to death

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Shockingly expensive because rich people buy second homes which lay empty half the year. House building is at a minimal due to conservation protected areas as well. I've worked on some conversions and it is a nightmare for the developers, they have to source local stone and it must be in keeping with the look of the area.
We also have one of the highest water charges in the UK because of the clean seas programme.

We have plenty of poverty but it ain't so bad when you live by a beach and can chill somewhere beautiful with a few mates, a campfire, and a few cans. I'm off to do that with a group of mates this evening.
Oh and mild winter's mean gas bills for heating are very low for me, hardly switch it on in winter, just an hour before waking up and an hour before I get home from work usually.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I don't know how you can put up with them.

I went fly fishing in the Trossachs ages ago. Standing in the middle of the river one summers evening with a few other fishermen who were quietly casting away.

I was the one splashing about and flailing about frantically at the bloody things.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I don't know if you can remember or were aware of it but a few years ago me and an ATS friend - only three people who I have met through ATS have I come to view as genuine friends both on here and in the real world, two passed within a few months of each other and the other no longer visits here - tried something similar using our support for Direct Democracy and one or two other things as a starting point.

It went nowhere for the simple reason that though people may whinge and moan on the internet and take their anger out on a keyboard the sad reality is that very few people have actually got the get up and go to actually do something in real life.

Acts and deeds my friend.

I'll keep an eye on developments but until I see real commitment and intent from others I will refrain contributing too much....I am an all or nothing person who is passionate about what I believe and do, the sense of let down can be soul destroying.

Good luck mate and I hope my pessimism and cynicism are misplaced.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Haha!

I've never done fresh water fishing, only sea fishing. I'm going out on the weekend catch something for fresh fish supper.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Great idea, and I've thought similar but at a local party level first, fielding candidates in every local council ward to gain control.
Some councillors only got 1900 or so votes to win their seats. It could be done easily IF we got the youth vote, heck my son has more facebook friends than councillors actually had people voting for them.
Winning control of the council would be the best start in my mind, then become the new radical council actually challenging central government and being vocal about it.

It's been a dream I've mused over for years but as I read Freeborn post recently, I'm the same, and have enough skeletons in my closet to fill a graveyard as well.
edit on 20-7-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

A rejection of the current party political system and the recognition of the need for electoral and parliamentary reform could be a starting point.

A group that rejects the notions and limitations of such things as left wing, right wing and centrist politics and treats each individual issue etc on its own merits free from established restraints and limitations.

The power of recall for constituents who lose faith in their elected representatives.

Rolling parliaments that has fifty percent of the elected representatives up for re-election every two years.

Increased devolved power to all the regions within a Federal or even Confederal framework.

Just a few general ideas to throw in the mix.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Agreed. Banter is a very British thing. The Yanks don't seem to get it what with all the Trump supporters and Trump haters getting at each other's throats on here.

We could do with a board called The Pub or something where we can enjoy a pint or six and have a good old natter and put the world to rights.

Its Friday afternoon and I'm (sorry - "'oim") looking forward to a nice ice cold pint of cider. I love proper scrumpy but call me a big girl's blouse if you will but recently I have gotten a taste for Woodgates Pear Cider - £1.99 for 4 tins in Lidls.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Us Scots really don't understand water charges. LoL

Even when factored in to our council tax.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

My new party which lives in my head supports your proposals

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I didn't get on with fly fishing.

I do sea fishing too - mostly Bass. You tried fly fishing for Mackerel? Reeling six up at a time on a stiff old boat rod is one thing but a half decent sized mackerel on a fly rod - wow ! Those things can really motor given a chance.

A skipper I went out with did sushi from bass and mackerel straight out of the sea. Lush, it was.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I love the 'Brit' threads, it is like being at the pub with banter straying left right and center.

I'm taking Cornish Tribute Ale to my gathering this evening at an orchard by the sea. I have got some backup bottles of Rattlers cider as well though, saving them for end of the evening.
I agree about the Lidls pear cider

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

We could do with a board called The Pub

Absolute brilliant suggestion....after all, barring the NHS The Pub is the greatest of all UK institutions and where all my best talking cod# and bollocks ever happens.
Taking the piss is a national sports whose natural arena is The Pub.

I'll be going there soon in reality but what a great idea....an ATS Pub for when the real pub is unavailable.....you are King of the Lab!

.....Woodgates Pear Cider - £1.99 for 4 tins in Lidls.

Not one for drinking in the house but that sounds like a steal....might sample some even though I'm not supposed to drink cider, health reasons.

edit on 20/7/18 by Freeborn because: grammar...hic

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I've never tried fly fishin Mackerel!
They are pretty stupid as fish, just shiny things and they'll take the bite lol
I bake mine in a home made lemon sauce, fantastic, will BBQ them this weekend though, I haven't cooked inside for nearly a month now.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I like mackerel with horseradish sauce but then I like weird stuff like marmalade with my bacon and sausage.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

How could we go about getting a Pub board, then?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

It'll never happen, but a 'Nice cold pint at the Winchester' thread might be interesting. 'The Shed' thread seems to work but it's not like the banter at my local or in Brit threads so I've never posted there, or even read it much more than one post. Not dissing that thread just it ain't like being at the pub.

I started this thread for you initially when we didn't want to go off-topic but had thoughts to share, you should open the boozer thread and make it clear anything is the topic. I see top banter in that. Check out how it's gone well off topic here and it's a good laugh. A thread you can pop in for a cheeky Sambuca shot type chat, or enter into a wider pub debate, just like at the pub haha!

Go on man, do it

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join