It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the flag of St George deemed racist when the other home nations fly theirs with pride?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Lol, I think St Georges day should be a national holiday,

It is for me.
Yes, it should be....the down side would be all the usual Bank Holiday drinkers who come out the woodwork and annoy the hell out of me.

.........where's Solo?

Solo's fine....he just likes stirring the hornets nest....no doubt he'll be around at some point to liven things up.

a reply to: andy06shake

I think it's more when Westminster sticks there finger in our pie, experiment-wise, that the problems arise.

I know mate.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Wow they have the same nutters in Wales as well!
Welsh Defence League

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

What flag do you fly, cornishceltguy?

St Piran or St George ? Or neither ?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheShippingForecast

I don't personally fly any flags, but some neighbours fly both. They didn't used to fly any until some Polish people moved in and started flying theirs.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Well over here we had a pantload of St George's flags flying from car windows during the World Cup. No calls of racism. And believe me there would be if there was a hint of an issue. Canadian society can be quite pissy.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Why leave our Welsh friends out of things....
www.google.co.uk...

Or in Ulster....
www.google.co.uk... eague&gs_l=img.3...2729.7982.0.8755.20.18.0.0.0.0.173.1608.11j6.17.0....0...1c.1.64.img..4.5.529...0j0i7i30k1.0.E9jhenvABm0#imgrc=_&spf=1532090607596< br />
The thing is, it's all fearmongering.
What relevant message and points they may have are buried in all these images and reports of Nazism and violence etc.

Yet again though, a topic for another thread methinks.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

That's interesting.
My son's mate played rugby with him until he moved to a bigger club, he was born in England but has played for the Canadian national under 21 team due to his Canadian parents. He supports Canada against everyone, and England against anyone except Canada.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Here is one, my daft father in law sticks his England flag out the window every time there is a footy game on, they stay next to Parkhead as well, surprised the windows have not gone in a few times all the same. LoL

The same Man also likes Donald Trump, Piers Morgan, and Mrs May, not quite EDL material but on the path so to speak.

Moral of that story through is we are not prejudiced up here, we will let just about anybody in, even the arseholes. LoL
edit on 20-7-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Scottish defence league can be linked to and matched with the Rangers season ticket holders !

nae joke !

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Only reason it doesnt is because parkhead is right next to brigton the HUN stronghold! ( just for reference I support neither rangers or celtic ) fitba is a load of pish !

just something else for us to be divided over
which does nothing to support the working class , well it used to but not anymore !

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Lol I'm guessing the percentage of arseholes is about the same in all home nations, I just never see them except on the telly or online.
My local pub is rough as #, full of criminals etc, but no racists that I ever hear about. Dead friendly place though, if black tourists come in it is always a warm welcome and a game of pool etc.

EDIT
Racism is strongly frowned upon in these parts, we need all the tourist coin we can get during these months. Nobody wants to scare the money away from coming here so everyone is friendly to people wherever they are from or whatever shade of colour their skin is.
edit on 20-7-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

That's like suggesting Celtic season ticket holders would have links to the IRA.

You might even be right about a few but most Rangers fans i know could not give a crap about SDL, more like the SFL.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Leave our Scottish religious bigotry over football alone, its kind of what sustains us. LoL

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
What about the Hearts?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

They hate Hibs.

Thats about it.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

They are the dregs of the country, oo guys to, knuckle dragging morons. They got the boot last time they were up here, were supporting / supported by a bunch of EDL morons, they got a small pitch off of the city centre, and were laughed at until they got back on the train back to whatever hole they dug themselves out of.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

They hate Hibs.

Thats about it.

Had to look that one up. I just remember the dislike between the two teams 30 years ago when we still got international football games.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I remember the School making somewhat of a big deal of it, official or otherwise, throughout my childhood.

Sturgeon is a muppet of the first order, canny even sort out her own constituency, nevermind the rest of the country.

I would suggest she needs a right good backhander, but she has obviously had plenty already with more in the post to come. LoL

STURGEON is the best thing that has happened to this country in decades, you reprobate. Who would you want in charge, major Davidson, or the flaky Labour guy? , also as much as as I like Harvey, he ain't a leader.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Only reason it doesnt is because parkhead is right next to brigton the HUN stronghold!

Bridgeton.
Yes its predominantly Rangers.

( just for reference I support neither rangers or celtic )

Believe it or not I'm a passionate supporter of one of them.....one of the reasons I go to Glasgow and see some mates quite often.

fitba is a load of pish !

Nowadays yes....Against Modern Football.

just something else for us to be divided over
which does nothing to support the working class , well it used to but not anymore !

Yes, but we all need some comic relief and it is distraction from the rest of the #e that's going on around us.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
Scottish defence league can be linked to and matched with the Rangers season ticket holders !

nae joke !

yeah they had rangers tops on when they were booed out of here

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join