It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the flag of St George deemed racist when the other home nations fly theirs with pride?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

You seriously need help mate! Marmalade???!!! on bacon and sausage!!!
I've gotta try that now, you know that

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I'm beyond help, I'm afraid. Try it - you know you want to.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Go on man, do it

Never been much of a thread starter.....the one's I have started have been pretty poor really, have a look at my profile and you can see for yourself.

How could we go about getting a Pub board, then?

My best guess would be to notify a SuperMod or Administrator.
Kandinsky would be my suggestion - I can see Cornish rolling his eyes now - he's very level headed, intelligent, straight and genuine.

If he thinks its a bad idea I think he'd let us know.

Maybe the best way would be to simply start a thread on BTS - or Off-Topic or whatever its called now.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Freeborn

It'll never happen, but a 'Nice cold pint at the Winchester' thread might be interesting. 'The Shed' thread seems to work but it's not like the banter at my local or in Brit threads so I've never posted there, or even read it much more than one post. Not dissing that thread just it ain't like being at the pub.

I started this thread for you initially when we didn't want to go off-topic but had thoughts to share, you should open the boozer thread and make it clear anything is the topic. I see top banter in that. Check out how it's gone well off topic here and it's a good laugh. A thread you can pop in for a cheeky Sambuca shot type chat, or enter into a wider pub debate, just like at the pub haha!

Go on man, do it

I actually did a similar thread when everyone was wetting their pants over Syria and Russia, but it was topic specific for conversation so when it died down of course the thread did. There was some good laugh banter though, go on make that 'The Pub' thread, I reckon it would be funny as and could be a laster like 'The Shed' but with good craic about stuff like being at the pub.
"Let's go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for this all to blow over."

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I had a marmalade gin the other week.....it won't be a regular thing.

The only accoutrement to either Bacon or Sausage is Big Daddy's Brown Sauce.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Sambuca. Me and Mrs OC got hammered on holiday on Slippery Nipples - Baileys and Sambuca in a shot glass. Then back to the room and onto the balcony and everyone else was on their balconies and was like - "I've got some cans of Mythos left", "we've got a few bottles of red left" and "we've got some Metaxa that needs drinking" etc. Oh dear.

Last night before flying home. Woke up late, threw everything in the cases and just made the flight home.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Haha! I like Kandinsky a lot, he mod's really well in my opinion. Same with other mods who remove my posts, I can see why they had to do it.
They are like who the bouncers would be in a new 'Down the pub' thread

I'm keen to create the thread but going out in a bit so if anyone else wants to start a British boozer winner stays on fifty pences on the table all banter welcome thread then do it!

...and we have slaughtered this thread going off topic, bet it gets moved to general chat soon lol

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Marmalade gin? You tart.

Mind you, I tried Marmalade vodka once and won't be doing that again.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Marmalade on sausages totally works.
Wait until they are just about cooked then add it to the pan, they get a lovely glaze and the bitterness really works with the fatty pork.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

What a good idea, Sprocket. I must try that.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm off out soon....waiting to get picked up soon.

See what happens tomorrow - which is another busy day - or Sunday.

Flaming Sambuca's - I was Johnny Torch.....story for another day.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Brilliant, just how a holiday should end!

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

What a good idea, Sprocket. I must try that.

only spoonful mind, don't go tipping the whole jar in.

Oh, and on a similar subject, for a treat, mix a shot of whisky in your marmalade before putting it on your toast, hell of a way to start the day.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Flaming sambucas - sounds like one night at the Indian a few years back that involved a tray of those when the waiter tripped. Johnny Torch, indeed.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Why not just have a glass of whisky with your breakfast? Second thoughts, probably not a good idea.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Well if your mrs is anything like mine, I would get a wooden spoon round the head for suggesting I start the day with a whisky

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

You tart.

You don't know the half of it!

Not really a gin man......vodka, Jamesons and the 'occasional' shot.
I'm really more of a Beer / bitter man with the odd bottle or 12 of Peroni thrown in.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
We so need a 'Down the pub' thread or similar, go on OldCarpy knock one up. ATS is missing a true banter thread with pub rules of general conversation, and mods as the bouncers if any fights break out, but if it's mostly Brits and banter none of us will want to make a wanker out of ourselves lol

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I'm not very good with starting threads and would probably cock it up, but if someone more ATS savvy could have a go then mine's a Babycham and Brandy. Err....I mean a pint.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join