It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the flag of St George deemed racist when the other home nations fly theirs with pride?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Jamesons, yes yes! I don't want to sound as if I work for them, but Lidl do a decent Irish for £14.99. Tastes just as good a Jamesons to me.

I have a mate who will only shop at Waitrose. He would rather die than set foot in Lidl. So whenever he and his Mrs come round for a meal I always slip in something from Lidl. Eg:

Him: "This lobster is fantastic - best I've had".
Me: "Glad you liked it. Guess where it's from?"
Him: "You bastard!"
etc.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
never heard of this flag, but now i want one.

thanks for bringing this to my attention!

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
never heard of this flag, but now i want one.

thanks for bringing this to my attention!

It's an easy one to draw as well, the US stars and stripes must be a nightmare for kids with their crayons lol

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I like that lidl one, though Mozzers are knocking out bushmills for 17 quid and since that's my fave, that's what I'm going for.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Good to know. Tesco's occasionally do Wild Turkey for £15. See you in the Winchester sometime? It's open.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: SprocketUK

Good to know. Tesco's occasionally do Wild Turkey for £15. See you in the Winchester sometime? It's open.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Yes Sprocket, it's the new boozer in town where we can be all off topic, come have a pint and a chat while some crap tune is on the jukebox lol

...mods have been kind to us here not deleting off-topic because it was fun banter, now we have a pub to be as off topic as we like, from one liner sambuca shot like comments to wider pub discussions over a nursed pint.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
On topic again now the pub thread is open, here's an interesting exchange on UK MSM regarding claims that the flag of St George represents racism.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Fly you flag and be proud. Who cares what those Liberal types say? They are ignorant and everything that they complain about, that you indulge them with...they will just keep going until all freedoms or personal identity is gone. They're cancer. Fly your flag proud. It means what you want it to mean and Liberal opinions don't matter. They're all crazy and should be ignored until time to call the cops for the stupid things that they will inevitably do.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm just amazed that things like pieces of cloth, team colors and which side you're on still matter to some people in 2018.

Ya'd think after all the Star Trek we've consumed and how much science and knowledge we now have that mankind would of moved beyond all of this junk and realize we're all in this together and it aint biblical times anymore.

As for why is it racist? Well it's like why is gold valuable?
Because someone says it is, and it's usually someone who stands to gain from it. Well at least in their own head.

That's it. The end. Nothing more to it.
Just simple human perception, pretty much applies to most of the nonsense we have to put up with day to day.

Real question people should ask themselves when we encounter such stupidity is not "Why is it so?" but "What can we do about ending this nonsense?"

Alas I think a huge majority of humans prefer fighting among ourselves and all the unnecessary drama.
After all how boring would peaceful co-existent and tolerant life where you leave each other alone be hey?

Nope, much more fun to cut each others throats over rectangles of coloured cloth and imaginary friends and which group of humans throws a leather ball better than to just get along.
After all war is no fun when you got nobody to shoot.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Haven’t been to Lidl for a couple of years, good job realy or I would have the fridge full of their potatoe salad

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

I had to laugh when you said it is all good going off topic especially when you sent me a pm warning me to stay on f****** topic next time.

As long as you don’t bang on about big moustaches, Hawaiian shirts and Magnum, all is fine and dandy

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

awwwwwwe

want a hug?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The problem is that it's been hijacked by racists and scumbags.

Even posting it on insta on St George's Day made me feel a bit wary.

So in short, racist scum are the reason.

But I fully agree we should be able to fly it with pride. I love my country, and I love Britain as a whole.

I'm English, went to uni in Wales, my wife is half Scottish and half Irish. We should celebrate all of our countries equally and with pride.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

It has been hijacked by the racists hasn't it. We should claim it back.
I agree about identifying British but our home nations define us more than the British tribe idea does. I think of the home nations as a family, dysfunctional at times, but still a family.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Let me give you the advice of a real American bro. I said what I said to make a point. But bugger that in your words. Your neighbors are too judgemental, an to hooot a little derogatory.

You can be a symbol if ya want(arm yo self with a knife before continuing to read.) Put a flag in every window of your house. Print a stencil and spray it on the alley of your favorite pub. Go even further, put a full flag on your dooor as some here in America do with their flags. Desensitize your ignorant neighbors, by standing openly by what you believe. Raise the flag on a pole as high as you can buy for your lawn

Never giveinto oppressive political correctness brother. I don't know much about you, but I can tell you one thing as a yank. Balls = Freedom
Just ask Hollywood my friend
youtu.be...
Advice from across the pond. Never let your love for your country be oppressed by politics, that is how freedom dies

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=23603031]AutisticEvo[/po
To reiterate, listen to this cheapened idea by Hollywood of freedom, it should suffice.

And never forget Cornish, despite our history, we in our hearts respect the English nation as the greatest foe we fought. But nothing compares to inspiration

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutisticEvo

Never giveinto oppressive political correctness brother. I don't know much about you, but I can tell you one thing as a yank. Balls = Freedom
Massively agree, and I fight it whenever it crosses my path. Same with oppressive government, I've been arrested and convicted many times in my life for protests and civil disobedience.
...and I'll support anyone who wants to fly the English flag in patriotism for the people of our nation.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I still refuse to say British ,since the empire died a long time ago !
and I've never felt British , and never will !

Dont even know what that means, to feel British , how can being British be measured at all , and by feelings
or by any other metric !

It cant its just something people like to say to feel a part of something greater!
but Britain isnt great !
the people are

time to let the old #e die off and start with something new .

Or is that totally anti -british of me !

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutisticEvo
a reply to: [post=23603031]AutisticEvo[/po
To reiterate, listen to this cheapened idea by Hollywood of freedom, it should suffice.

And never forget Cornish, despite our history, we in our hearts respect the English nation as the greatest foe we fought. But nothing compares to inspiration

youtu.be...

LOAD AE #IN #E ! hahahahah mel gibson and the braveheart speech !

None of which william wallace ever said to his men!
it was all just the writings of Randall Wallace in the screen play!

Wallace was a fighter no doubt about it , but he wasnt a leader ! Robert the Bruce was our true king !

and unlike Wallace, Robert the Bruce did give stirring speeches
and one which would see him and his men fight off a larger and better equipped English army at the battle of Bannockburn

Robert the Bruce

edit on 23-7-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join