It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future economic instability and French Revolution style revolt coming to a town near you...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

www.glassdoor.com...

glassdoor.com, Uber salaries in SF

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

17 salary reports for the hourly position. That's not very many. I asked 4 people per day for 12 days which is 48 reports.

Neither is a lot, but it does suggest that actual salaries are higher than what glassdoor is reporting. Most who drive in the city also commute in from San Mateo or Alamedia counties which is a bit less expensive and even the glassdoor reported salary puts them at the median income for that county.
edit on 22-7-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

yeah I don't care what they said

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: face23785
You're not factoring in cost of living. California is one of the worst states when it comes to the actual value of a dollar. You make more money, but everything costs so much more it completely offsets it and then some.

Take a look.

Also, a typical college educated job is "ivory tower" to you?

How far the money goes isn't what's important when you're talking about income inequality.

And yes, I've been told hundreds of times by people on this website that college = ivory tower.

Cost of living is important when you're comparing what people make in one state to what they make in another state, no matter how you spin it.

Either way, you know an average college-educated job is not an "ivory tower" job, despite your cheap retreat to "well other people here say that". Compared to billionaires, lower class workers in Cali are making peanuts, without even getting into the fact Cali has one of the highest homeless rates in the nation. Income inequality is alive and well there.

So, even though my first post this page was sarcastic, it's true. Cali is a prime example of how liberal economic policies don't fix all the problems they claim to. If anything they exacerbate them. Sure, you might make a lot of money, but at the expense of higher proportions of your peers being out of work, plus the value of your dollar being disproportionately low, so you can be making what would be a good wage almost anywhere else in the country and actually be considered poor.

That sucks man.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785Income inequality is alive and well there.

I didn't say it wasn't. I said it's less than in other states.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

yeah I don't care what they said

But you care about what an even smaller number of equally random people claimed their salaries were online.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: face23785Income inequality is alive and well there.

I didn't say it wasn't. I said it's less than in other states.

And the information that you presented to support this statement doesn't really support it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join