It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future economic instability and French Revolution style revolt coming to a town near you...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
California is to expensive. When I had my apartment in (insert very wonderful place to live in CA here) it was affordable for myself and my girlfriend. Fast forward to now and the rent has literally more than doubled for the same exact apartment and guess what, pay hasn't.

Mercury News dat com

PG&E and other investor-owned utilities in California cut off service to a record 886,000 households last year, leaving an estimated 2.5 million Californians without electricity, natural gas or both.

That’s a head-spinning 62 percent higher than the 547,000 disconnections in 2010, one of the worst years of the Great Recession that led to widespread foreclosures and other economic pain across the state.

The 2.5 million people who lost service from PG&E, Southern California Edison, San Diego Gas & Electric and SoCalGas were nearly equivalent to the combined population of San Jose at 1.05 million, San Diego at 1.37 million and Oakland at 391,000.

There's obviously a problem with the economy. On one hand we have MASSIVE wealth being concentrate into few hands and on the other we have the rapid expansion of poverty. I know I know, people in poverty have it better than ever.

Realistically this is a problem, a trend in the economy that's creating a larger and larger chasm between the bottom and lower end. Think of a rubber band.

This is what the economy is doing. Think of it as this rubber band with the tops and bottoms moving away from each other at breakneck speed. Eventually this rubber band is going to snap.

This won't be the first time in history this happened either.

French Revolution

During this period, French citizens razed and redesigned their country’s political landscape, uprooting centuries-old institutions such as absolute monarchy and the feudal system. The upheaval was caused by widespread discontent with the French monarchy and the poor economic policies of King Louis XVI, who met his death by guillotine, as did his wife Marie Antoinette.

The French Revolution is somewhat immortalized as a story of the uprisings of extreme economic poverty.

As the 18th century drew to a close, France’s costly involvement in the American Revolution, and extravagant spending by King Louis XVI and his predecessor, had left the country on the brink of bankruptcy.

Not only were the royal coffers depleted, but two decades of poor harvests, drought, cattle disease and skyrocketing bread prices had kindled unrest among peasants and the urban poor. Many expressed their desperation and resentment toward a regime that imposed heavy taxes – yet failed to provide any relief – by rioting, looting and striking.

In my opinion this is the direction we are currently headed. You can go to any city across America and it's right in your face. Gang violence, poverty, infrastructure collapse. It's all around you the only difference is many of you are able to ignore it.

National Debt

National debt is over $21 trillion.

Student Loan Debt

$1.48 trillion in total U.S. student loan debt
44.2 million Americans with student loan debt

Visual Capitalist

Household savings are a 3rd of what they were only a few decades ago and debt to income ratio is higher than ever. I know I know cellphones.

Food and Fuel Prices

Producer prices for fuels and related products and power up 16.6 percent for year ending June 2018

Food Price Inflation

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, prices for food were 50.62% higher in 2018 versus 2000 (a $10.12 difference in value).

Economic Policy Institute

Workers produced much more, but typical workers’ pay lagged far behind Disconnect between productivity and typical worker’s compensation, 1948–2013

The U.S. middle class had $17,867 less income in 2007 because of the growth of inequality since 1979 Household income of the broad middle class, actual and projected assuming no growth in inequality, 1979–2011

So although everything has increased in cost (or the dollar is worth far less) wages have almost literally not only stayed the same but declined in many areas. This is why the debt to income ratio is higher than ever and savings are down by a 3rd. Not because of cellphones.

I know it's convenient to ignore all of the actual economic data to protect your hand fed narratives from CNN and or Fox News however it won't be long before you can no longer ignore in the future. We are about to reach a point never before experience by humans (as far as we are told) with the rise of automation.

University of Oxford

A new study titled: “The Future of Employment: How Susceptible Are Jobs to Computerisation?,” by Dr Michael A. Osborne from Oxford University’s Department of Engineering Science and Dr Carl Benedikt Frey of the Oxford Martin School, estimates that 47 percent of jobs in the US are “at risk” of being automated in the next 20 years.

I already know, many of you will sit back and make excuses, tell us how automation is going to create 50 million new jobs in technology and that if these stupid lazy kids would stop using their cellphones everything would be fine.

It won't be long before you can no longer ignore reality and we have to wake up and realize that our way of life is going to change weather we like it or not.

It's time to start coming up with ideas and stop living as selfishly as we have.
edit on 14-7-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
California has an economic problem directly related to the liberal policies and mismanagement under liberal leadership.

The rest of the country ( except, inner cities, bastions of liberal control, and sanctuary cities) is seeing economic bounds and leaps under Trump's leadership.

California doesn't need a revolution, as the money (and tax base) abandons California it will collapse under the weight of it's own hypocrisy and then you can rebuild from the ashes.
edit on 14-7-2018 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

My post has a lot more than just California related economic data, none of which you have provided to support your perspective.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

California doesn't need a revolution, as the money (and tax base) abandons California

When will that commence? You reckon.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It's already started.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

However, if there is a revolution my concern is that it will devolve to a multi sided civil war. In addition, to those loyal to the old regime, there are Radical Anti TPTB Leftists and Anarchists who are not keen on restoring the Republic and want to form their own system.

We will probably also have various individuals and also criminal organizations that will try to carve up their own territories and become warlords.

edit on 7/14/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
California's debt is commensurate with the amount of benefits illegals receive. Look it up.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Cost of living where I am is the same. It's not affordable. The average price here is $1100 for a 2/1. You have to make 3 times the rent to qualify. You basically have to make $40k a year to qualify. Who the heck makes that?! I make $13/he. I pay $625 for my 2-1 but you know how my place is. It's all I can afford. I do ok but not being able to afford a decent place to live is frustrating. My apartment I had 5 years ago here was $900 when I lived there, now it's $1200! Average pay here is $10/hr. Everything is more yet wages are the same! When I had my first apartment wages were good and rent was affordable. I had a one bedroom by the beach for $400. I had a car payment and I made $11/he at the time. I was happy and had a life and could afford food That same apartment is $1200 now! Why? Because it's by the beach. All the affordable duplexes and triplexes were bought out by a few people and remodeled and rented out for 2-3 times as much as previous rates. They have done that in many areas. They also keep building these ridiculous luxury apartments. How anyone can afford $1300 for rent is beyond me!

Something needs to change.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

However, if there is a revolution my concern is that it will devolve to a multi sided civil war. In addition, to those loyal to the old regime, there are Radical Anti TPTB Leftists and Anarchists who are not keen on restoring the Republic and want to form their own system.

We will probably also have various individuals and also criminal organizations that will try to carve up their own territories and become warlords.

In the modern day world a French Revolution style revolt would be catastrophic. Today's people have little to no morals. Human life is utterly worthless.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Thing are not moving in the direction the TV is telling everyone and it has nothing to do with cellphones. The system needs to change.

We need to change.
edit on 14-7-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Median single family home here is now $780k.

$780k!

The people that matter (teachers, doctors, etc.) are bailing. Leaving...who?

It has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with desirability. The weather here is nice. The wealthy love it here and can pay whatever it takes. The rest, not so much.

edit on 7/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Here I was thinking between trumps tax break and the massive improvement of the economy life was all peachy once again. Color me confused...

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

They are using the same data as Obama to support that position AND the tax break provided minimal affect for those that needed it the most.

I'm not anti Trump btw but you better believe I'm not buying that nonsense.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

And this is exactly what I mean when I reference the rubber band.

a growing chasm

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The future of a French Revolution Style revolt is the leader losing their head like Robspierre did.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Who are "the people" going to rebel against?

In France, the target was obvious even if the goal was not.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I think in this case anyone with a nice car or house. Sadly that's the mob mentality ruling todays world.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

The mob has always ruled.

Read Julius Caesar. Mark Antony was a populist.

edit on 7/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
California has an economic problem directly related to the liberal policies and mismanagement under liberal leadership.

The rest of the country ( except, inner cities, bastions of liberal control, and sanctuary cities) is seeing economic bounds and leaps under Trump's leadership.

California doesn't need a revolution, as the money (and tax base) abandons California it will collapse under the weight of it's own hypocrisy and then you can rebuild from the ashes.

Yep - see them running away in droves.....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join