It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future economic instability and French Revolution style revolt coming to a town near you...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Uh it depends on the area. In places like North Korea, there is no mob because they are too busy starving and anyone who dares to make a move against Fat Boy will be executed along with their families and relatives up to the third generation.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Works for me.

Let them eat cake.

edit on 7/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

First off, California spends more than it makes. So prices keep going higher and higher to service the debt. Which, in California's case, is unsustainable.

I would talk to the leadership of California about that.

There is a direct relationship to liberal policies in larger cities and the amount of money it takes to live there. Simple, really... tax people more and they have less to spend, tax revenues go down and the cities can no longer service their debt, they raise property taxes to compensate, housing prices go up and the death spiral of progressive policies ensues.

Secondly, do you have any economic numbers newer than 2014? Because in the last year or so, wages have actually been increasing. We don't want to talk about Obama's world.. we voted to get away from that.

Third, if you don't like your crappy state, move to a better one. Lots of people are taking the hint and getting the hell out of California. So do what the smart people are doing and leave.

You know, find a state you can work at and afford to actually live in. My state, for instance, is doing great!

Finally, A French-style revolution in California? Really?

I'd pitch a few thousand bucks towards whomever is going to take the initiative to film it and put it on pay-per-view.

A state-wide documentary on social Darwinism.

It would be epic!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

My prediction is the rich will build a wall to keep the undesirables out...

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
And then there's an eerie seeming lack of cats around. A couple weeks later you rarely hear dogs barking. And then just as a news report comes on the hypnotube addressing the rumors that everyone has been eating all the cats and dogs, all the sudden the power is cut from outside and brick comes flying thru the front window.

You have two choices: resist and be cooked alive, slowly, or do them a favor and start preparing the seasonings for the cookout and maybe just maybe you they'll let you have a plate and then die quickly... the other other white meat.

edit on 14-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

First off, California spends more than it makes.

No.

www.sacbee.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I don't live in California.

www.epi.org...

Mind the wage gap Cumulative nominal average hourly earnings, actual and hypothetical if they had grown at 3.5% since the recession began, 2007-2018

In truth, the economy (and workers) could benefit from consistent wage growth significantly higher than 3.5 percent for an extended period of time. This figure shows the cumulative gap between actual average private-sector nominal hourly earnings and what these earnings would be today had they matched the 3.5 percent wage target since the start of the Great Recession in late 2007. The latest data indicate that average hourly earnings would be $3.41 higher today under this hypothetical scenario. Consistent wage growth at or above 3.5 percent is necessary for workers to recoup some of these unrealized earnings.

Workers’ share of corporate income hasn’t recovered Share of corporate-sector income received by workers over recent business cycles,

none of this is a secret and ignoring it is willful
edit on 14-7-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Excellent topic:
I have thought for a long time that a second American Revolution would more closely follow the pattern of the French than the 1st.
There are some other interesting points to be made, though. The crop failures of the previous decades effected other European countries. They weathered the crisis in better shape. Ironically the French failure to accept the potato was a factor. It was well suited to the cold wet conditions. That the French called it Pomme du Terre(Earth Apple), creating unjust expectations may have been a factor!
You left out the religious element. France had rejected the Protestant Reformation, driving out the Huguenots. They were disproportionately from the educated and productive elements. This impoverished the country and led to further entrenchment of the corrupt clergy.
The enlightenment was making rapid progress but was untempered by a Biblical world view. There was a wholesale abandonment of conventional religious ideals. Nothing promotes atheism like corrupt hypocritical religion. Nothing seems to foster a disregard for all human life like atheism. (except perhaps apotheism of humans)

The end result of the Revolution was a dictatorship and a Euro-wide war. Napoleon eventually lost, but the bureaucratic and judicial reforms he instituted forever changed monarchical Europe.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: UMayBRite!

Great post.

I see many parallel's between what you've mentioned such as the cooling period during that time such as I have been reading about/ postulating and posting about here.

Interesting you mention the anti religious/ enlightenment sentiment. We for sure have that happening now as well. I wonder if that's a cycle??

The end result of the Revolution was a dictatorship and a Euro-wide war. Napoleon eventually lost, but the bureaucratic and judicial reforms he instituted forever changed monarchical Europe.

this was for the better though wasn't it? we have a similar feudal/ just-us system happening right now where there is 2 sets of laws and just-us for the pleebs and connected elite

many parallels

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

My prediction is the rich will build a wall to keep the undesirables out...

That's been done everywhere....they're called "gated communities."

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

guess what, pay hasn't.

Some people are trying to fix that by having a $15 an hour minimum wage. The current administration and the majority of congress wont let it happen though.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

as others would say that's just lipstick on a pig

the problem is the breakdown of supply and demand due to increased productivity from technology, this has given the leverage to the people with capital and taken leverage away from those producing by adding to the labor pool

we are in a new paradigm that's going to require new ideas

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: scraedtosleep

as others would say that's just lipstick on a pig

the problem is the breakdown of supply and demand due to increased productivity from technology, this has given the leverage to the people with capital and taken leverage away from those producing by adding to the labor pool

It's just a manipulated paradigm, achieved mostly by manipulating those living within it. Creativity, even critical thinking and creative solutions to Hagellian inspired problems, seems to be at an all time low: No more "Golden
Ages" of scientific advancement, music and/or art, philosophy, etc. because more and more people are forced to stay at the bottom line on the pyramid of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, where it's all about the basics...food, shelter, clothing, and self actualization has become something most aren't even aware of the possibility of or even the ability to define it or be aware of its existence.

This paradigm seems, increasingly, to just be about survival, which is touted to be, reinforced by a Darwinian perspective, to be a lofty goal, for it asserts worthiness going backwards with that particular logic. Although, ironically, it may be that what it takes at the extreme of this particular spectrum in this particular paradigm to survive, may not be worth the price: one's humanity. If you notice, the entire idea of being human and humanity is completely and utterly under review and inculcating rejection.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I agree, this entire society is a though experiment and it's days are numbered. it's pretty obvious when you really open your eyes that this way of life is totally unsustainable and I'm obviously not the only one capable of seeing that clear as day

it's fragility is also glaringly obvious

how much longer can they maintain control?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Yeah!

2 thousand years is long enough!

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I agree, this entire society is a though experiment and it's days are numbered. it's pretty obvious when you really open your eyes that this way of life is totally unsustainable and I'm obviously not the only one capable of seeing that clear as day

it's fragility is also glaringly obvious

how much longer can they maintain control?

Ahhh toysforadults, your last question implies some hope....LOL. Not sure I know what to do with that possibility. I'm afraid I am of the belief that it's all already entirely forecasted and planned out and for. Wish I didn't believe that. The question, then, would be, how to derail that train and change its destination; however, once you've achieved derailing it, how, then do you get it back onto a track that may not even have been built?

This is quite the ironic metaphor, for I always think that the constitution was fully abandoned in America once the supreme court legalized imminent domain. However, it was used to seize privately held lands for government and/or local municipality use as far back as 1876/79, first case argued being for a post office, but regularly used to appropriate (or re-appropriate) land for, of all things, the railroad.
LOLOL

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

First off, California spends more than it makes.

No.

www.sacbee.com...

Yes.

SACRAMENTO — California has come a long way to dig itself out of budget deficits, but the state remains on shaky ground due to nearly $400 billion in unfunded liabilities and debt from public pensions, retiree health care and bonds, financial analysts say.

“Yes, the state’s budget is balanced if you are looking at what they are required to spend cash on this year, but not when you look at their expenses,” said Gabe Petek, a credit analyst with Standard & Poor’s.

Why does the left, the party that is intellectually superior to the deplorables, have problems with basic math?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

this I agree with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join