It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"D-Day" For Thai Cave Rescue , The Operation to Bring Them Out Begins

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Yep..U.S. military experts have been assisting since before the International media was covering the story. Our military performs good deeds somewhere on this planet, every hour of every day.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: KansasGirl

I'm still here.

The only excuse I can think of is maybe they are waiting to get the others out,

TheRedneck

I havent followed up on the whole story yet but I dont know ,something smells fishy about this story?

How did they end up so far into the cave system where in certain areas they had to crawl through some serious tight spots even without the water?

Perhaps they want to question the kids first?

Onto better news i heard 6 have been recued now from another forum?
edit on 01731America/ChicagoMon, 09 Jul 2018 00:01:26 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Yep..U.S. military experts have been assisting since before the International media was covering the story. Our military performs good deeds somewhere on this planet, every hour of every day.

Bring them home.

Cut foreign aide.

Stop interfering with other country's problems.

😏

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I have wondered the same thing concerning how this situation happened in the first place. I still think the parents should have been notified, assuming KansasGirl is correct in that.

There will be time to assign blame later on,though. For now, twelve young boys... excuse me, 8 now... are in mortal danger. Fox sucks on Sunday night, so I'm depending on this thread to keep me updated while I watch BattleBots.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

originally posted by: carewemust

Bring them home.

Cut foreign aide.

Stop interfering with other country's problems.

😏

1. Yes bring them home from wars we dont need to be involved in, and bases that we no longer need to be pouring troops and money into.

2. Yes cut foreign aid to countries who are actively engaging in anti american sentiment, have a large contingent of the population that are intent on terrorist acts or advocating there of, against our country and people.

3. Yes stop playing world police in areas we are not wanted nor is our type of gov wanted.

Nice try at trolling though, and trying to turn it political, next time perhaps think it out more. Fail.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Second rescue mission is underway !

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Can’t have your cake and eat it too.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Reports say that allegedly two or three boys are out now too.
Great!

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I saw a couple of reports, including nytimes.com, that the coach was rescued in the first group. They took the weakest out first, and it was said he was the weakest because he was giving his food to the boys. But now the NY Times retracted that, and said the rescued have not been identified.

Could this be why parents have not been informed? They don't want a riot if they find out the coach was rescued instead of one of the boys?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
So now I've read on CBS news (I know) that each of the rescued boys will be in quarantine for at least 24 hours due to "infection concerns." That seems weird. Did they do that with any other of these cave rescues, does anyone know?

So it's about 7:30am right now (United States- DC area) and reports are saying one boy today has been rescued and one more is nearing the entrance. And that the second operation started about 11am local Thai time. If that's accurate, then the second rescue operation is taking longer than that first one.

We all need to pray for this thing.
edit on 9-7-2018 by KansasGirl because: Time

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Well, I agree it sounds odd, but didn't they already identify the members of each of the three (3) groups to be rescued? I seem to recall having read that on Friday or Saturday. As I recall it was based on the weakest to the strongest. If that's the case, I would think the parents would pretty much already know who was rescued and who was not (maybe not exactly, but pretty close).

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

It also rained pretty heavily yesterday, so the reason it's taking longer may simply be because there is more water to deal with in the cave system. They did say yesterday that the water levels were at the lowest they'd been since they began the rescue. Heavy rains would complicate this by re-flooding sections previously pumped out.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

If there were bat or rodent droppings or other parasites in the cave, there could be risk of infection.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Here's a little update about a possible 5th rescue and bit about the four already rescued and why they have not been named to date (and it does appear they are withholding this info, right or wrong, out of respect to those who have not been rescued). Interesting bit about China too.

Update
edit on 7/9/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: TheRedneck

Well, I agree it sounds odd, but didn't they already identify the members of each of the three (3) groups to be rescued? I seem to recall having read that on Friday or Saturday. As I recall it was based on the weakest to the strongest. If that's the case, I would think the parents would pretty much already know who was rescued and who was not (maybe not exactly, but pretty close).

Officials haven't released names of those rescued so far. And at a press conference today, one official said that the first to be rescued were the ones who were "perfect" and strongest and "the most ready." There have been conflicting reports the whole time about who came out first. Bottom line is we don't know yet who is out.

Local sources there also reported that the water level overnight did not increase because they were able to pump out the same amount that came in due to the rains.

Now multiple sources are reporting a 7th boy is out.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Yesterday in another thread I was asked what good the US military is for besides "murdering" millions of people.

US Military assists in rescue of trapped Thai soccer team

Whoever asked you that was full of it. The US military is often one of the first orgs to have boots on the ground in many major disaster scenarios for rescue and recovery efforts because they have the training, assets and ability to project them all over in massive proportion.

They provide an organizational backbone through which other orgs can get themselves in place and working.

It's a function other militaries also provide. It just so happens the US military is one of the largest.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I saw a ticker report on one of the news channels that officials are saying this effort could take days to get them all out because the route has to be re-prepared every time and all of the kids have to be taught how to use SCUBA gear and some of them don't know how to swim.

I really hope they get them all out, and I somehow expect the coach to be among the last ones out.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Yesterday in another thread I was asked what good the US military is for besides "murdering" millions of people.

US Military assists in rescue of trapped Thai soccer team

I have several family members in the military and their biggest job is helping other people whether in the US or anywhere on the blue dot. Many many places that you barely hear about. Like Hawaii even!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

You have to understand the news cycle over in Asia, and be careful not to read too much into it. Asian news is notorious for spreading rumor as fact based on gossip, superstition and word of mouth. Look no further than Malaysian flight 370 if you want a contemporary example. It takes hours and sometimes days to get the story straight over there.

For the most part BBC (somewhat surprisingly) seems to be doing a pretty good job staying objectively on top of this event, and trying hard to sort out fact from rumor by indicating when things are confirmed. Better than most of the others. Other news agencies all over the world are trying to "scoop" one another on this incident, and are many times having to retract earlier statements. Just shows the greed of the media.

I only see confirmation of a 5th possible rescue, and they have people camped right at the scene and are reporting 24x7.

Oh, and yes, I did see the bit about 'strongest first' (I may have recalled that bit wrong, so my bad).

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I saw a couple of reports, including nytimes.com, that the coach was rescued in the first group. They took the weakest out first, and it was said he was the weakest because he was giving his food to the boys. But now the NY Times retracted that, and said the rescued have not been identified.

They have been identified, and the rescue team medics insisted that the four weakest be brought out first. Not the strongest. No the coach isn't amongst them. In fact as I type this, my news stream reports that theres now 7 of the boys out. 4 of them are in hospital, 3 are in transit to hospital. The 4 hospitalised ones are identified as:
Nattawoot Thakamsai,
Monhkhol Boonpiam,
Prajak Sutham,
Pipat Bodhu

The identity of the other 3 will be announced once their parents have been officially informed.

The coach is still in the cave system, and will be the last to be rescued.

So now I've read on CBS news (I know) that each of the rescued boys will be in quarantine for at least 24 hours due to "infection concerns." That seems weird. Did they do that with any other of these cave rescues, does anyone know?

They are not concerned about the boys bringing infections out of the cave. They are concerned that given their weakened state, the boys are more susceptible to infections. They will be kept in isolation until they are stronger. Absolutely nothing weird here, the same thing happens every time someone is rescued from prolonged isolation in a weakened state.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join