It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"D-Day" For Thai Cave Rescue , The Operation to Bring Them Out Begins

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
CNN reports 8 out and safe

But thats CNN

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

FWIW...seems like US military involvement was early on, when they were looking for alternate ways into the cave system (at least that's all I've been able to find). Seems they sent a number a para-rescue and recon teams into the jungle to search the mountainside for alternate ways in. I do not believe the US military currently has a large presence in the actual rescue effort.

In any case, I do NOT subscribe to the notion US military personnel are only killers. That notion is absurd and patently false!

edit on 7/9/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

I wouldn't trust CNN as far as I could throw the whole organization...and this stems from LONG before the current "fake news" thing (think like back in the early 90's). They were spewing garbage for the sake of having to something, anything, to report long ago. In fact, I would even argue it was CNN (alone) who started the whole 24x7 news cycle which led ultimately to fake news based on people's demand for instant news. (Note: Same goes for FOX News)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: face23785

Yep..U.S. military experts have been assisting since before the International media was covering the story. Our military performs good deeds somewhere on this planet, every hour of every day.

I heard there are about 100 navy divers on hand at the cave. They took care of the oxygen problem by pumping air into the cave. Now its just dealing with 3 kilometers of cave. Something i don't understand is how they ended up so deep into the cave.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

According to earlier reports, they were pretty far into the cave to begin with, but apparently the rising waters pushed them much further back into the cave. They had no choice but to retreat to high ground, which is where they are now.

Now, for my part, I can't even begin to imagine how terrifying it would be to be inside a cave, and all of a sudden have water block my exit and continue rising. Not knowing if it was going to stop rising, and being pushed ever further back into said cave system to escape the water.

That's the kind of stuff nightmares are made of!!

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Seems CNN are correct.

Cave divers in northern Thailand have rescued four more boys from a vast flooded cave system, a source within the operation has told the BBC.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Looks like the operation is progressing nicely.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Based on conversations I have had with Asian nationals in academia, their culture is quite different from ours... and that may have something to do with it as well.

The quarantines mentioned further down make sense too... weakened state, weeks living in an area full of who-know-what insofar as infectious substances...

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

NO, CNN was talking out of their ass! (as usual)

When they reported that little factoid not even the 5th boy had been removed from the site. So that's BS! CNN knew the plan today was to rescue (4), so they just jumped the shark and went straight to "8 total" in a veiled attempt to scoop everyone else and hock their wares (via ads) to viewers. Lying sleaze buckets!!

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Oh, quarantine makes total sense. No argument there.

I think they should let their parents see them (and there's a variety of ways they could do this), but the quarantine makes complete sense.

ETA...they quarantined the Chilean miners too when they got them out.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: face23785

Yep..U.S. military experts have been assisting since before the International media was covering the story. Our military performs good deeds somewhere on this planet, every hour of every day.

I heard there are about 100 navy divers on hand at the cave. They took care of the oxygen problem by pumping air into the cave. Now its just dealing with 3 kilometers of cave. Something i don't understand is how they ended up so deep into the cave.

They kept retreating deeper and deeper into the cave system, to find higher ground as the water levels rose. They were too deep to exit the way they had entered when the flash flood started filling the cave series. They did the right thing, otherwise we'd be mourning their passing already.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Several sources are reporting 8th boy rescued at this point.

Here is one repo rt

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Last I saw it was six. Moving along quite well. You just know they're going to make a movie about this.
Hopefully the only loss of life is the unfortunate seal who ran out of oxygen.
I just saw on the news that eight are indeed out.

edit on 792018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
On a lighter note...

One of the bullets in a "details of today's operation" section on BBC stated:

- The four people rescued today were all boys

- That means that their 25-year-old coach remains inside the cave system

- The four boys were said to be cold but otherwise in a good condition

- Rescuers said they plan to bring out the remaining four boys and the coach on Tuesday

LOL!! Did some girls sneak in there? LOL!

I think it was intended to refer to the coach not being among those rescued today, but it was just a funny way to express it as a separate item.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

LOL!! Did some girls sneak in there? LOL!

Nah, otherwise no one would have wanted to be rescued.

Seriously, there's that culture difference I spoke of.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

That's the nature of caves. Some places only have narrow access. Have you ever been in a cave? I have only been in caves open to the public and operated by an organization that provides lights and guides and flat walkways and stairs. In two that I've been in the guide turned off the lights and it is so very very dark. You literally cannot see anything but black. It's like being blind. The temperature was a steady fifty five and it's damp. As for the attraction I heard that they've been to that cave more than once. It's a regular attraction in the area.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Might actually be a movie worth watching...that is IF Hollyweird doesn't take a bunch of artistic license with it and screw it all up with a bunch of political garbage, CGI sea monsters or somehow try to work the KarTRASHians (or "J-Law") into it as the heroines.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Oh, believe me, I know! (boy do I ever!)

I lived and worked in SE Asia (Malaysia) for 2+ years. I know full well the cultural differences, and that's why I mentioned what I did earlier.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

NO, CNN was talking out of their ass! (as usual)

Timeline.
edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I remember the first cave I ever explored that wasn't with a "tour".

I was sat at a friends one evening, playing (losing) a game of chess, and we were talking about things we'd like to do. I mentioned that I'd like to go caving. Turned out he was a member of a speleology group. So, the following saturday, I was dragged along with 5 of them, through a "beginners" cave. So called "Giants Cavern" in Derbyshire, UK.

"Giants" being a sarcastic name. My back was agony after so much stooping down, and squeezing through spaces. I loved it though.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

You know better than I do then. My extent of experience is just trying to do business with Asian parts suppliers.

"It is my pleasure to tell you are an idiot," lol.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join