It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"D-Day" For Thai Cave Rescue , The Operation to Bring Them Out Begins

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: KansasGirl

I'm still here.

The only excuse I can think of is maybe they are waiting to get the others out, for fear of panicking the parents whose kids are still trapped. I didn't say that would be a good excuse, mind you, just that it might be an explanation.

Personally, I think the parents should have been in the loop on every thing that happened, blow-by-bow.

TheRedneck
I heard that the parents are on sight but have not been able to connect with the kids because they want to quarantine them for a while to make sure that don't have any serious infections.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

People join the military to see the world. Your way they only see Boise or Bayonne.
Military enlistment would drop significantly.
Plus don't we want these guys in the areas we might need protection???

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I heard they took the strongest out first while bringing food to strengthen the weaker ones before they go.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You heard incorrectly then, and didn't bother to read the previous posts in this thread. I refer you to a number of posts previous.

The medical team basically ordered the divers to bring the weakest out FIRST.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Heh, in Malaysia you have the convergence of three cultures (SE Asian/Malay, Chinese and Indian) which makes it all the more fun. They mean well, but to hear them botch the English language sometimes is hilarious! Of all, the Indians probably had the funniest ones (with their very formal enunciation).

"Yes, it is a very large hole, thank you very much. We must find a bung for the hole. Otherwise it will be a hole with no bung, I believe. We must keep mice from out of the bung hole. Thank you very much."

(This, in response to finding a fiber optic splice box with an open knock-out in the side and requiring a knock-out plug to keep the mice out) LOL! (BTW...that one went down in the 'keepers' book!)
edit on 7/9/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That would make sense. Any time an operation is ongoing, people should take the reports with a grain of salt. Reporters sometimes don't understand what they're being told, and often try to report before the echo from their witness' statements dies down.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That's the kind of stuff nightmares are made of!!

And Hollywood action movies starring Sylvester Stalone. No, that was Daylight and took place in a collapsed tunnel. Still nightmare fuel if you're clausterphobic.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I love to start the morning with a laugh! Thanks for that!

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Plus they were drinking water that had dripped down the sides of the cave through who knows what. You do that to survive, but it's not a recipe for long-term health and well-being.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Unconfirmed as of yet, but reportedly 8 are now out, and further operations are suspended until tomorrow, so that the team can rest, and their scuba tanks can be refilled and checked.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BMorris
Unconfirmed as of yet, but reportedly 8 are now out, and further operations are suspended until tomorrow, so that the team can rest, and their scuba tanks can be refilled and checked.

As I said, media was reporting it would take days to get them all out.

I think that if those divers do successfully get all those kids and their coach out, they should be able to retire and not have to ever worry about anything again.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The Thai Navy guy said "the British are spearheading this operation, because they are the best cave divers in the world".

GO BRITS!

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think that if those divers do successfully get all those kids and their coach out, they should be able to retire and not have to ever worry about anything again.

I'll second that motion!

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Oh man! I've got to get one of those self-regulated masks! Those would be great for 30 ft. and under.

*Kids just asked for chicken dish, but doctor's refused, saying their stomachs are aren't ready for anything like that right now.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Men who do this may accept help with living but they will be the ones back the next time these skills are needed. That is who they are.

Good men.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Anybody want to bet that at least one of the rescued kids becomes a SEAL?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Men who do this may accept help with living but they will be the ones back the next time these skills are needed. That is who they are.

Good men.

I get that, and that's why they can never be repaid enough.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Agreed. The fact that these divers were able to keep the kids from panicking is amazing- not everyone can do that. Some people are TERRIBLE with children. That these guys were able to care for and manage the kids' mental and emotional states well enough that they made it out, is just amazing.

edit on 9-7-2018 by KansasGirl because: Missing word

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

They were exploring. It would take them about an hour maybe ninety minutes to get that far. They were much further than that. That's just where they got stopped by the water on their return.
I don't know if they were planning or had an overnight camp out in the cave. They had food and water with them. I don't know how long they were exploring to have that chamber fill sixteen feet with water. I don't know if it had water in it when they went in but they were able to wade easily through. So many details. Maybe looking for the earlier stories from when they were first missing will fill in some of the blanks.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BMorris

They brought out the strongest first because they needed the kids most like!y to handle the ordeal first in case there were hang ups. That gave them time and experience to perfect the procedure to get the weaker ones out. Thats what I have been seeing on the news.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join