It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"D-Day" For Thai Cave Rescue , The Operation to Bring Them Out Begins

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I just can't imagine what the boys parents must be going through.4 safe,8 to go!
edit on CDTSunam0861 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Trump better be careful here and not try to steal anyone's thunder on this rescue. That would have some really bad optics! I've read quite a bit on this rescue and haven't seen any significant US involvement other than private (i.e. Space-X and the tunneling company).

FOX also said earlier that some US Navy SEALs were involved, and I haven't read that anywhere either.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Not a twitter-er, but BBC quoted a tweet from one Wendy Munro, and I think it's pretty appropriate...

"Not all Super-Heroes wear capes, some wear wetsuits"

- Wendy Munro

edit on 7/8/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

This is awesome news. I've been reading every article about it so far...Hoping for 100% success in this. These kids are going to be so happy to see their families...and I'm sure their families will be thrilled to see them as well.

Nice to read about something bringing people together when there is so much divisive news lately.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Yesterday in another thread I was asked what good the US military is for besides "murdering" millions of people.

US Military assists in rescue of trapped Thai soccer team

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Looks like they're stopping until tomorrow morning, saying it will take roughly 10 hours to 'prepare' for the next rescue mission (likely meaning they need to resupply the route would be my guess).

If I were to speculate I'd guess they changed the rescue plan and had the boys buddy-breathe off one of the rescue diver's octopus, instead of trying to carry a tank dedicated for the boys. That likely meant they had to use up the staged air tanks along the way out. This might explain why the rescue went faster than planned, and now why they need time to prepare for the next rescue effort. They probably figured it was just too difficult to take an extra tank along through the narrow passages. (just an opinion by me, but seems plausible).

In any case, FOUR of the boys are OUT!! 30% of the way there!

What a heroic effort!

Let's just hope the weather holds.
edit on 7/8/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I am not sure if it has been mentioned on this thread. but I saw a post on Facebook that said one of The Rescuers had perished after taking in oxygen tanks he died from a lack of oxygen on the way back.

edit on 8-7-2018 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

Yes, that happened yesterday, before the actual rescue started.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I have been praying for these boys and their parents since this started.

When the adult expert diver died the other day it hit home how truly dangerous their rescue will be.

It was SO wonderful to hear that 4 have been rescued. So far I have not seen any reports of their health status. I hope they are ok.

I can see why they moved the media back. Not only do they need room to work and a clear path to move the children to a hospital, but if someone is brought out very not ok, I am sure they will not want it broadcast live.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Wonder if they will bring them out awake or sedated, read where one professional cave diver said untrained people in those close a quarters under water would be very hard to get through the tunnels, better to sedate them and pull them through.

Either way, hope everyone makes it out ok.

Sedation is possibly one of the worst things you could do to be helpful in this situation. As a experienced spelunker you must maintain breathing patterns.
As for the OP I really do hope they get these boys free. I do have high hopes that the rescue operation will be successful. Some of the brightest are out there to assist.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You have to believe and hope that the United States Navy SEals are there. They may not be the best cave divers, but probably the best overall.

I have done some diving in the past. Got tangled up one time. wasn't real deep and did not panic. Freed myself and continued the dive.

Have read stories of experienced divers panicking, ripping off their gear and that of their dive partner. Lot of them only dive alone for that reason.

So while there may be more experienced cave divers than a US navy SEal, I think if a kid where to panic underwater, nobody would be more qualified to subdue him and ensure that they both survive than a seal.

So good luck and God bless to all those kids and the rescuers.

And... If Trump were to take any credit.... Lets say seal team 6 or any other group of Navy seals are sitting around having mai tais on the beach somewhere.... Can their commanding officer call them to this duty of rescue or is it just the President of the United States that can activate a seal team. Can an Admiral,colonel? The Sec. of Defense? JCOS?

edit on 8-7-2018 by tinner07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

I don't know about SEAL team 6, but I'm pretty sure any Fleet Admiral and activate SEAL teams under his command, for any reason he chooses.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I want to thank you all (HA) for taking several hours of my Sunday away from me; I clicked on this thread and got totally sucked in to the details of the rescue operation. I get a near panic attack just looking at some of the graphics of the route they have to travel to get the hell out of there. I have NO idea how they got any of those boys, much less 4 so far, out of there without any mishaps. Obviously the divers and rescuers are the best of the best, to even be able to reach the team; but to hen be able to manage and steer and get the kids out is incredible. They must have nerves of steel and hearts of gold.

We should start hearing about the next attempt soon, as its morning there now. I wonder if they got the route re-supplied with oxygen tanks overnight....

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been covered but isn't Elon Musk building something or testing something to use to gain access through the smallest gap.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WeCantEscapeThis

Musk is preparing a small submarine. I don't think that will work in the smallest sections, as they say the tunnels are too small for a diver with an air tank to pass through. It might work in the larger tunnel.

eta: No, I don't even think in the larger section it would work. It looks like the sub would need to get through the very tight section just to get to the larger flooded section.

edit on 7/8/18 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I smell a movie in the making!!

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
I smell a movie in the making!!

For sure. Hollywood producers are probably already salivating all over California.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Okay ya'll got me sucked into this and now there is no one in this thread. 😡😂

Several places are reporting that the authorities haven't even notified the parents of the 4 so far rescued that their sons are out. IF that is true, why the hell would that be? I would think the boys would want to se their parents and be with them while they recover in hospital. Any ideas? Seems pretty strange if true.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I'm still here.

The only excuse I can think of is maybe they are waiting to get the others out, for fear of panicking the parents whose kids are still trapped. I didn't say that would be a good excuse, mind you, just that it might be an explanation.

Personally, I think the parents should have been in the loop on every thing that happened, blow-by-bow.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join