It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"D-Day" For Thai Cave Rescue , The Operation to Bring Them Out Begins

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: BMorris

They brought out the strongest first because they needed the kids most like!y to handle the ordeal first in case there were hang ups. That gave them time and experience to perfect the procedure to get the weaker ones out. Thats what I have been seeing on the news.

That makes sense. They rescued the ones most likely to succeed first, for morale and other reasons.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yeah I have been in caves before but I can't imagine pushing forward through the cave in those tight spots especially during a flooding.

It may be a common thing in those caves for that area, but then again you would think they were aware of the flooding dangers.

It just appears odd to me, I don't think I would have pushed that far into the cave with a bunch of kids during the rains, but that is just me. By myself or with adults different story but even then not I would have hesitation.

I'm just curious as to why they felt it was a good idea to continue further into the cave?[Hopefully they all survive to tell us about it.

edit on 59731America/ChicagoMon, 09 Jul 2018 12:59:46 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Ok that's a detail from early on. Thank you. So it was flash flooding that filled the cave.
There's a steep uphill climb from the opening of the cave to where the water is. It must have come from above.
edit on 792018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

edit on CDTMonpm1161 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I can't even imagine. I was fascinated by the stalagtites and stalagmites and some gigantic caverns one that served as a night club to George Washington and his crowd back in the day.
I could not do the crawl through thing. On one tour there was a section that could only be accessed through a very narrow passage and larger people on the tour could not get in.
edit on 792018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
how did they get 2 1/2 miles into a cave with rising water and climbing through 15 inch wide gap?

this story is so odd, doesn't make a lot of sense

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I had a blast buying handmade rugs from Laos. The exporter was always trying to get over on me. Most of my imported rugs came from a broker so I didn't have to do that often but there was a market for these tiny silk rugs from Vietnam and Laos and I only had the one source. But it was fun because I didn't have to do it often. I think he had a problem with talking business with a woman.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Maybe chicken broth for a day or so huh?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

They literally had them strapped to their bellies swimming as one.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Yes. Going back to the kids still in with a big thumbs up would put them more at ease.
I bet they didn't tell them about the seal who perished.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
CNN is, as usual, is hoping for at least one catastrophe.

Dana Bash to a diving expert:

"Is it possible that one of the masks could leak?"

"Is it possible that one of the boys could panic?"

"Tell me, is there ANYTHING that could go wrong before the last boy is rescued?"

with CNN.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I think they must have known the caves were prone to flooding this time of yesr. I did hear that this wasn't their first trip in. That's why I was wondering about the rapidity of the cave filling in sixteen feet deep. It took days to fill an 18 foot above ground pool that was only four feet deep. Lol. How does a cave flash flood. The chamber with the water was uphill from the cave entrance according to graphics they are showing.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Considering you moan so much about CNN you sure appear to watch a lot of it.
Turn over.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I'm certain they are just asking questions they think people might want to know. No one is hoping for a tragedy.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
how did they get 2 1/2 miles into a cave with rising water and climbing through 15 inch wide gap?

this story is so odd, doesn't make a lot of sense

I doubt I'd be thinking much in trying to escape rising water.

I think I'd just keep going trying to find a safe place.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
www.msn.com...

A pod.Good idea.
edit on 9-7-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

no - its not " a good idea "

its utter bollox

it will NOT see any use in the thia rescue [ if you neeed to be told why - you hhave no idea what the thia rescue entails ]

it is a wankfest - publicity stunt - that has recieved ZERO advice from any cavers or rescuers

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Ok that's a detail from early on. Thank you. So it was flash flooding that filled the cave.
There's a steep uphill climb from the opening of the cave to where the water is. It must have come from above.

If you will read the thread, you will find the answers to your questions and speculations.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It actually came in from the side. There's a 90 degree bend in the cave about halfway in, and water can flood in from a fissure there apparently. They may have gone in thinking they had time to do some spelunking, and a sudden rain drained in. It's obvious it could have flooded worse, because of the concern over getting them out before it does.

There's a graphic back in the thread that shows where the water came in.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

That's pretty dumb. Anyone with half a brain cell has to know there are a million things that could go wrong. Why does she need to get someone to actually say it?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join