It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Game Hunter Kills Giraffe and Sparks Controversy

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So a critter gets to live out a full life in the wild, and then is snuffed out with a bullet instead of say a pack of lions tearing it to bits while still alive... EVIL!

Then a critter lives in a factory farms shoulder to shoulder in cages and never sees the sun not once ever before being electroshocked down some isle and a cold piston rammed thru its skull (after watching a line of its kin go thru the same thing before it)... Hey whatever man I'm hungry.

Dennis Leary: My fluffy little dog.. He's so cute- There's the problem. We only want to save the cute animals, don't we? Yeah. Why don't we just have animal auditions. Line 'em up one by one and interview them individually.

Dennis: What are you?

Otter: I'm an otter.

Dennis: And what do you do?

Otter: I swim around on my back and do cute little human things with my hands.

Dennis: You're free to go. And what are you?

Cow: I'm a cow.

Denis: Get in the ####ing truck, ok pal!

Cow: But I'm an animal.

Dennis: You're a baseball glove! Get on that truck!

Cow: I'm an animal, I have rights!

Dennis: (pointing at leather jacket) Yeah, here's yer ####ing cousin, get on the ####ing truck, pal!

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Trophy hunters are lower than f'ing cockroaches, the mentality of it is something I cannot grasp.
I hope this POS gets chased out of town.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

So then you dont eat meat?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'm not talking about eating meat, I'm talking about the mentality of trophy hunters..get it?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Dont you see the hypocrisy?

Check out my post at the top of the page.

Passive aggressive mass murder on the industrial scale is okay as long as we all virtue signal the people that cull critters that got to live in the wild. Amirite?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
People in this day and age hunt Giraffes? What sort of a person takes any pleasure or satisfaction in that? Let alone being so pleased with herself.

The male in question was elderly and not a viable breeder anymore. It was a frustrated loner that was a threat to the locals.

The government receives payments for allowing the hunt.

The kill provided nearly 2,000 lb of meat to local villagers.

Please, everyone shedding a tear for an animal they never knew existed: stop it.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Well, truth be told I'm not crazy about industrial meat production..I'm eating less meat than ever.
I have no issues with someone who likes to put meat on their own table, many in my family have done so.
They don't hunt for the thrill of killing something though..my dad, who hunted deer every season wouldn't piss on a trophy hunter if they were on fire..I agree with him.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Be reasonable.

You see a gorgeous free creature, one you've always wanted to see close up, you think how happy you are because you've found it.

then you think "Oh! I know! I'll kill it, I'll destroy it." Then I'll have my picture made with it, to show what a great hunter I am with this huge gun, by taking down this beautiful, defenseless, vegetarian creature in it's own home, even though I am the heartless interloper.

I wonder, if in winter, she hunts for hibernating bears....

edit on 7/3/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Livestock slaughter procedures

So for livestock, they stun them, cut their feet off, hang them by their Achilles tendon, and then they kill them by cutting their throats. Apparently they bleed out more completely if the heart is still beating.

After reading that, I almost want to become a vegetarian. Almost. But, I like bacon too much to do that.

-dex

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Be reasonable.

I wonder, if in winter, she hunts for hibernating bears....

edit on 3-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

I aint saying anything is right about what I'm bringing up, but if we're going to eat industrial meat not a single one of us has any room to talk on this matter. A vegetarian comes in and does all this grandstanding etc we're seeing in here, cant much criticize them, although there is still the reality of the culling / legal / feeding poor Africans dynamics here that everyone seems hell bent on jumping thru flaming hoops doing backflips to ignore...

The point is the emotional side we're seeing is in most cases brazen hypocrisy, while the logical part of the issue is being completely side stepped... and that's my que to rock the boat.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Very much this. Excellent.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I don't think you're getting it.
The point is not about eating meat..it's about what kind of a'hole likes to kill stuff they have no intention of eating, and then take pictures..I don't care the meat was distributed..thats great but not my point.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Trophy hunters are lower than f'ing cockroaches, the mentality of it is something I cannot grasp.
I hope this POS gets chased out of town.

Not likely considering she added tens of thousands to conservation and fed tons of people w her kill

Again, the uneducated, knee jerk virtue signalling would be hilarious if it wasn't proof people are ignorant beyond measures....

Trust me w these uneducated and self righteous responses.... You guys have no right to judge any trophy hunters lololol. Makes you guys look like hypocrites

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I don't think you're getting it.
The point is not about eating meat..it's about what kind of a'hole likes to kill stuff they have no intention of eating, and then take pictures..I don't care the meat was distributed..thats great but not my point.

Ya the point is you're doing mental gymnastics so you can attempt to stick to your virtue signaling....

The animal was ate, shouldn't matter who ate it..... Literally you're trying to pretzel logic this so you can claim some bs moral authority lol

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
You're free to think whatever you like.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Hypocrites my ass. That woman, and all like her need a special place in hell that is reserved for those that disrespect this planet and think that it is ok to kill anything for pleasure.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
whaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaa "a pretty thing was shot", whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What the hell kinda wussies has this country turned out? Half of you wouldnt even know the difference had it not been posted to curry some fake outrage.

Facts: Trophy Hunting saves species

Facts: Trophy hunting feeds POOR men women and children

Facts: Trophy hunting puts money back into local economies

If you cant handle the facts, go coddle yourself in your safe space

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Hypocrites my ass. That woman, and all like her need a special place in hell that is reserved for those that disrespect this planet and think that it is ok to kill anything for pleasure.

Saving species is disrespect?

Wow thats a new one, oh wait because YOU dont like the method that means its bad. Thats pretty self absorbed of you, and flies in the face of all facts.

Dare I say, it disrespects nature that you would rather watch species die out because you dont like how its being saved.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Manufacturing outrage is really looking to be the next big industry. Anyone know of a mutual fund or basket I could invest in to get some returns on this?

This industry is going to boom. With reduced attention spans lasting minutes, long term memory barely able to surpass a week and the need for daily outrage. These factories will be having to run 3 shifts, 7 days a week to keep churning out those daily outrages for the social media elite.

I own a fleet of outrage busses, all aboard!!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join