It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Game Hunter Kills Giraffe and Sparks Controversy

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Again, think what you like tough guy
I;m not crying myself to sleep..you think someone who disagrees with trophy hunting is a blubbering mass..give your head a shake.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: SailorJerry

For arguments sake then the animals for whatever reason were roaming the neighborhood... Better?

Again these people are welcomed over to do this, its an industry, providing conservation and food for the locals as well as money for the region. What would your killing of neighborhood animals do for any of that?

Youre desperately trying to draw a comparison where there is none

Someone earlier on the thread tried to justify this killing because the meat was used to feed people, I was attempting to counter that point...

Animals are sacred, we don't own them and have no right to kill them, our domesticated pets are not ours, they are free souls the ownership comes from our own constructs and is an illusion of ideology. Point being pets are no more or no less as precious as any other animal out there .

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
There is a massive difference between killing for food and killing for fun...

For example if I went round killing peoples pet dogs and cats then used the meat to feed people does that justify the killing ?

What kind of person do you think administers the kill shot at the slaughterhouse that keeps you fed? Aint chu ever seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

I wanted to comment something earlier that i forgot to get to and it is something that blew my mind and i told myself when I first heard it that I needed to get to researching it ASAP given the implications to my health and life.

As a vegetarian 20 years now, I heard something I just never in my life expected to hear. AN ARGUMENT THAT COULD CONVINCE ME TO GO BACK TO MEAT! I have done nothing to verify the claims but I am hoping to get to that sooner than later.

I know I lose all credibility with this first detail but try n stay with me people. I heard it on Netflix. A documentary claims to have crunched the numbers and they said because the world relies 99% on fertilization of fruits, vegetables, gourds, nuts, legumes, etc. by means which are animal product based, you actually contribute to a higher amount of so-called death by eating a soy, vegetable, and fruit diet than you do if you just got your protein from an animal's meat itself. Incredible if true but God only knows how to calculate such a thing...

If interested anyone, it is from In a documentary called The Magic Pill on Netflix. It argues the theory that the food pyramid is upside down and in the fifties thru 2000 campaigns were implemented to turn people on to whole grain, low fat, higher concentration on carbs basically and leaving fat behind, some people eating a completely fat free diet when we thrive and even experience none of the big killer diseases when we stick to nearly all calories from fat and animal protein with plenty veggies, some fruit, and little dairy if any-sugar an addictive poison /drug we are force fed. And I do know that it has at least been totally confirmed by plenty of studies that for oral health, this rings true as those over 100 in amazonian and aboriginal tribes not yet assimilated into industrialized society never ever have even a cavity or gingivitis. Now maybe they also avoid diabetes and cancer and such things as well. But the documentary was so amazing in so many ways and yes, it dealt with a subject most of us have heard a lot about in con theo. But it went a step further and tried testing the theory on a family, a diabetic, a cancer patient or two, an indigenous population which had adopted the western diet, etc and the results if true are incredible and so sad at the same time.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
“White american savage who is partly a neanderthal”

So does the govt fund the news company that wrote this? That would be funny to me if the govt took this ladies money to hunt the giraffe and then also was racist to her for hunting the giraffe.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

We should eat some meat, IgnoranceisntBliss has a valid point about industrialised meat production, I don't know how to square that circle.
As for fertilisers being animal based..to some degree yes, the majority are mineral based/organic salts. There are exceptions such as fish fertiliser, bone meal, blood meal, algae/seaweed, some are by products, such as bat guano, compost.
Organics are much better for the health of the soil, and the microbes that aid a plant in uptaking nutes. Overall though, synthetics are far more common in industrial farming.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Synthetics are far easier, cheaper and effective to use, the down side is they eventually destroy the soil by killing all the microorganisms.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Can't this (rhymes with blunt) # off to Australia and hunt one of the species that it was SO smart to introduce down there? They sure aren't endangered.

But I guess rabbit stew wouldn't be good enough for her.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Agree'd.. very bad for the soil web.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I like venison. A lot.

I've killed two deer. For food, but I wasn't actually hungry. Two was enough for me, but I won't turn down a backstrap if someone offers it.

I wonder if she dressed the animal she killed. I did.

edit on 7/4/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I have chuckled quite a bit through this thread... that poor defenseless giraffe.

Those things are far from defenseless, was she ever in real danger no not a chance I would wager there were probably 4-5 people with guns on the thing to make certain it didn't get to the paying customers.

But there are videos of Bull Giraffes taking on multiple lions and winning, they are still wild animals which makes them dangerous.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

If she hadn't bragged about it on FB and wherever, there wouldn't have been an uproar about it. It fed a lot of poor Africans. The people complaining seemed more outraged about a dying giraffe than starving children. Typical.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

If she hadn't bragged about it on FB and wherever

Good point.

She killed for glory?
Or was it to feed people?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

By the intoxicated 'O'ronic look on her face, I'd go with self glory.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

If she hadn't bragged about it on FB and wherever

Good point.

She killed for glory?
Or was it to feed people?

To feed the poor defenceless people of course who are incapable of hunting for themselves.

Also you have to post everything you do on FB these days or it didn’t happen.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

To feed the poor defenceless people of course who are incapable of hunting for themselves.
Ah.

I wonder how much her "safari" cost. How much food it would have purchased, if that were her purpose.

No, I don't think it was. Do you? Really

She wanted to kill an animal for the sake of killing it. Right?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: Forensick
The Giraffe was stood next to an Ostrich, the Ostrich said to the Giraffe, there is a hunter over there, get your bloody head down.

Whilst I have no issues with this, I cant help but think that these 'local tribes' they gave the meat to didn't exist, eating an 18 year old giraffe when you probably have a farm full of cattle doesn't sound real to me. Its South Africa right, not Ethiopia.

If they dont have to eat the cattle, that also provides them with other resources, and is used as form of currency, than its even better for them.
There have been several people from SA on this thread that confirm the benefits of these hunts to the region, locals and conservation of the species

Please dont get me wrong, I agree that some of the prices paid by westerners to shoot lame animals can pay for the conservation and breeding of more, plus large areas of land where poachers cannot enter and decimate game, I agree with it.

I just dont think we need to try and justify it by claiming people eat 18 year old Giraffes, if she took the head or whatever, good for her, she paid for it, the rest probably went to the other game they are breeding to prop up a dwindling population of game.

I should also point out, we cant blame the poachers either, us westerners slaughtered bloody everything we touched during our colonisation, if her $20,000 license employed 5 gamekeepers thats also 5 less poor people who may turn to poaching.

The outrage is strong in this one, Trump must have run out of credit on his mobile!

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   

At least she killed on on its last legs. Plus it looks better on fb.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   

And she had to "stalk" it.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I dont think the giraffe will hold it against her.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Did you see the photo?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join