It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Game Hunter Kills Giraffe and Sparks Controversy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yep.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: RAY1990

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening
Until mankind learns to live by natural law, nothing will change.

Evolution IS natural law. Survival of the fittest. That's why we are the top of the food chain. Giraffes will survive us or not. That's nature.

As to the vegan tripe...whatever.

Yet you'd support culling a bull giraffe?

I mean, this bad ass bull killed 3 other giraffes... Survival of the fittest, evolution in practice.

Maybe we shouldn't be involved in conservation efforts when a species is growing in number, it's made out that these are anything but rare. No need to cull.

They grow because conservation that includes hunts

I seriously wish some of you would do some actual research

Same reason we hunt elk here state wide every year, and because of conservation and hunting the herds have grown.....

Christ the ignorance

Hardly any ignorance...

I'm well aware of conservation efforts and the culling of animals to ensure a steady ecosystem. I didn't mention that at all and my post was tongue in cheek.

Was I not clear enough in saying that since this bull has killed 3 other rivals (not uncommon for giraffes to die from combat for mating rights) that they are basically conserving their own ranks now?

Evolution, it's survival of the fittest.

Hence my other tongue in cheek comment about if their is any real need for conservation efforts now or a need for us to intervene with culling.

We're talking about giraffes not elks, it's a huge difference. We've got a similar culling conundrum here in the UK involving Ravens. Apparently there's too many of them in a region of Scotland and they're killing local birds of pray and other rare wildlife.

I'm all about learning the facts of a creature and it's nature before jumping to conclusions affecting it's species, well-being and potential to thrive.

Seemingly it's you who were ignorant of my point, a point that was tongue in cheek. Interestingly this isn't the first time we've interacted and you've "jumped the gun" and made some conclusions and assessments of me with very little to go on.

Relax, not everyone is a crazy liberal outraged at anything and everything they come across. All the best ManBehindTheMask

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

This upsets me so much that I had to take a break from clubbing baby seals.

It was a 5 minute break.

My arm got tired.

From all the clubbing.

Of the baby seals.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I am actually a bit sickened by this as was once a hunter, grew up with a family of hunters. Each year we'd hunt for food and any trophy kill was secondary. We'd would track animals and hunt for days without a kill. Sure we too would pose for a photo with our kill, however never like the images this woman posted and boasted about.

These so called "Hunts" are all about ego and are for narcissists, in her case I am almost certain issues with either an ex or daddy issues only serving to prove they can kill...

This one is why I decided to post! There is something disturbing with her.

Say what you like I've never seen my sister-in-law or mother this gleeful over having to kill an animal. We hunted for necessity back when it was cheaper to shoot a buck then it was to get a steak. I'm always happy to have good meat, yet where I am in my life now I no longer feel the need to kill and would never out of sport or competition which is no contest with a Giraffe.
edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 03 Jul 2018 13:45:56 -0500pm1America/Chicago by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

First you say this

To be clear, I am not a hunter. For myself, I don't like the idea of killing animals.

Then this in the same paragraph

I hope that damn deer that did $500.00 dollars worth of damage to my car last week dies a horrible death. But I digress.

Not a quick or painless death but a horrible death, all because of 500 doltards worth of damage to your car. What did it do exactly smash it up with a crowbar?

I’ve nothing against hunting if it’s for food and the animals are killed as humanly and respectfully as possible. Trophy hunters though should try going after each other, now that would be sporting...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
So, what do you, my somewhat dysfunctional ATS family, have to say about this?

I think I'd love to have that giraffe as a shoulder mount sitting in my front entryway. That's a beautiful kill by a beautiful lady.

#EffTheHaters

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

If she fed a village I'm okay with it. Rare doesn't mean endangered and Messings response was silly. I'm sure at age 18 he has had ample time to pass on that gene.
Black squirrels are rare too but that doesn't mean we can't shoot them.
If giraffes were on the endangered list that would be different and she wouldn't have been hunting it.
Outrage over a color trait? A photo op?

Side note:
Violet eyes are rare but we don't offer special protections to people who have rhem.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

We've heard about other cases similar to this in the past. American hunters journey to Africa to go on safari. They pay large fees for the privilege of legally hunting these wild animals in their natural habitats. They bag their trophy animals, take pictures, and ship their souvenirs home. Then all hell breaks loose when the public finds out about it.

Good thread, S&F.

But doesn't that remind you of that movie Hostel? You guys seen that movie? Rich people pay large fees to kill less privileged people, take the photos, get the tattoo and go home?

In 200-300 years our times will be viewed as barbaric, regardless of how we look at it now. 300 years ago is barbaric compared to now, and progress is just speeding up all the time.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This upsets me so much that I had to take a break from clubbing baby seals.

That's on my bucket list for damn sure.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I think I'd love to have that giraffe as a shoulder mount sitting in my front entryway. That's a beautiful kill by a beautiful lady.

#EffTheHaters

How’s about taking that Giraffe and sticking it up your rear entryway?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Apparently it had the audacity to cross the road when said poster was driving on it. The stupid animal didn't see the sign that said auto crossing.
We barely grazed a deer on the blue ridge parkway and I spent a half hour searching the underbrush for blood. The deer ran off pretty quickly but could have had injuries.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

#EffTheHaters

LOL... No, I clearly said, EffTheHaters, ya?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

If you're religious God gave man dominion over the beasts.
If you're not religious.
We're still smarter and top of the food chain.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Knitting isn't for everybody. Neither is gardening.
I'm not a hunter myself. Nor do I knit or crochet. But I can swing an ax. Lol.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

#EffTheHaters

LOL... No, I clearly said, EffTheHaters, ya?

But I’m a lover not a hater, so I don’t count

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Is deer hunting okay?
What about wild boar?
Wild turkey? (No not the whiskey lol)
What about bow hunting. More equal footing with the prey. Is that okay?
Just trying to see where the line is drawn because it seems drawn between rich hunters and poor hunters.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage
I am actually a bit sickened by this as was once a hunter, grew up with a family of hunters. Each year we'd hunt for food and any trophy kill was secondary. We'd would track animals and hunt for days without a kill. Sure we too would pose for a photo with our kill, however never like the images this woman posted and boasted about.

These so called "Hunts" are all about ego and are for narcissists, in her case I am almost certain issues with either an ex or daddy issues only serving to prove they can kill...

This one is why I decided to post! There is something disturbing with her.

Say what you like I've never seen my sister-in-law or mother this gleeful over having to kill an animal. We hunted for necessity back when it was cheaper to shoot a buck then it was to get a steak. I'm always happy to have good meat, yet where I am in my life now I no longer feel the need to kill and would never out of sport or competition which is no contest with a Giraffe.

Huge post for virtue signaling....

Womp womp

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I think that's like twice in a month we have agreed on something..

Did hell freeze over?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

#EffTheHaters

That's just a waste of resources. Face meat is pretty tasty.

(post by abeverage removed for political trolling and baiting)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join