It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More fake protesting of the immigration issue? Ugh..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Isurrender73

The remainder of your post seems to be a series of personal opinions and misunderstandings; I can't help you there.

I'm sorry this situation is too complicated for you to comprehend. I understand in these complex intelligent conversations that you get confused and must resort to emotional displays that have no factual bases.

All of your posts on this topic are a series of personal opinions and misunderstandings. I will believe the reports from the DHS and border patrol. You can keep following the MSM. Only one of us has are heads burried in fake news.

edit on 1-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

The so-called "catch and release" programs were part of a set of policies that resulted in one of the highest deportation rates in modern history.

Isn't the argument these folks are coming in to take your jobs? Make up your mind.

Whatever "the left" is ... I'm sure they have knee-jerk reactions too. So?

Can you cite the policy platform of any American political party that calls for "open borders"? I don't think you can.

Blatta-blatta about Mr. Trump's infallibility as you wish. The wall is a stupid idea simply because it costs too much.

Fiscal responsibility, remember? Cut government spending? Reduce the size of government? Unless you guys didn't really believe those things or something.

link   

Ad hom BS.

link   

originally posted by: Anathros
In short, I'm starting to see many of these open border advocates and protesters in a new light. Many are feigning anger and couldn't tell you what they're protesting. The other group live for civil discourse and unrest. They are domestic anarchists bordering on domestic terrorists.

The majority of the protesters can basically be split into two groups: those using the issue as an excuse to protest Trump, and those that have been completely brainwashed by the MSM.
They weren't protesting when children were being separated from their families under Bill Clinton, and they weren't protesting when children were being separated from their families under Barack Obama. Now that Trump is president, they're suddenly mad about the system Clinton and Obama created, except they're not blaming Clinton and Obama, they're blaming Trump. Some of them are doing it just because they hate Trump (largely due to the MSM manipulating them), and others are doing it because they actually believe Trump created this situation (again, due to the MSM manipulating them).
Then, of course, you have the third group - the ones that are too stupid and ignorant to understand the consequences of open borders and free immigration for all, and those who have no idea what's actually going on on the border.
The United States takes in more legal immigrants than any other country in the world. However, the key thing to remember is that we can't take in every single person or help every single person who wants help. It's literally not possible. Imagine if we suddenly took in 2 billion of the world's poor and starving - the US would collapse. So, we need to put limits on what level of immigration is acceptable, so that we actually can integrate those immigrants, give them the support they need, and help them be successful. Immigration laws ARE those limits. Everyone who intentionally sneaks across the border is circumventing those limits and taking resources away from the immigrants who come here legally.
Now, many of these protesters want to live in their little fantasy world and imagine that all of the people intentionally sneaking across the border are happily married young families with sad little boys and girls who just want an opportunity to grow up and be doctors and lawyers. No. Crime such as sex trafficking of children and drug smuggling are rampant. This is why whenever people intentionally circumvent the legal immigration routes and sneak into the country without documentation or identification, we need to stop them and make sure they aren't engaged in illegal activities (obviously aside from sneaking into another country), particularly when they have children with them. We need to make sure those children are actually theirs and not being forced into sex slavery. It's easy for predators to tell families in South America that for a fee, they'll get their kids safely to America, and then just take the money and sell the kids for sex. Many of those children "separated from their families" didn't even come with their families in the first place, meaning that to return them to their families, they have to be deported back to where they came from.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

General question: Do those protesting Trump's current policies cause you problems in some way, personally?

Or do you have an issue with Americans exercising their rights to assemble and speak, regardless of whether you agree with them on the issue or what your estimation of them is?

The intention of protest is to increase awareness of an issue; it would seem they're successful on that.

If you disagree with them so heartily, perhaps you should counter-protest?
edit on 1-7-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
Whatever did happen to the Russian collusion, Stormy Daniels, METOO, LGBWTFs cake baking, Impeachment?

What's that? The MSM says it isn't relevant anymore? But you all had these mountains of evidence and proof and experts that....what happened?

Now everyone cares about illegal immigrant children! Oh the outrage?! How dare ICE do their jobs by the laws that are on the books and being enforced! How dare they! Shame on ICE! GRRRR.

Get outraged because the MSM told you too. Some of you are brain dead inside and can't see the puppet master behind the curtains for the lie it is.

MSM is the shepherd.

Its sad how easily the flock is led.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Many people are sheep-like on all sides of the political spectrum.

That's a big part of our problems.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It is pointless to debate someone who has no interest in the facts.

Articles from the DHS and Border patrol have been posted on ATS that refute everything you say.

72% of Americans believe the MSM intentionally report false and misleading news.

I'm not sure what it feels like to be part of the 28% but the motto here is deny ignorance. And your opinions have been denied. The future will not be kind to those who refuse to see the truth now.

edit on 1-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
It's not fake protesting.

Ummm...it’s manufactured outrage...anyone stating anything to the contrary is disingenuous at best...

This really has more to say about the psychology of those defending this faux outrage and participating in the protests than anything else...

Do you truly enjoy your role as puppet...dancing to the dnc/media strings...?

Truth is...it’s sad to watch you all twitch and jerk on those strings...never an honest and individual response...never an original thought...just parroting the puppeteer Schtick du jour...

“Beam me up Scotty...there’s no intelligent life down here”...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

This is a manufactured crisis in order to anger the Democrats. Hate and anger brings them together, because that is their thing. The goal is to bring them out in droves for the elections. They can't even see that they are being manipulated.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I believe that we can enforce our laws without causing undue pain and stress to the individuals who have broken our laws by coming into the country illegally. I am not against border control by any stretch of the imagination. I am against abuses of basic human rights whenever it happens and who ever does it.

My interest in the political differences is waning recently. I don't care if Clinton-Bush-Obama did it this way or that way.

I want us to do it the right way now, and now Mr. Trump is our President.

That begins with human treatment of detainees at the border and prodding the Congress to take on the long-disgregarded task of making immigration laws that make sense, not blaming one side or the other.

edit on 1-7-2018 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

This is a manufactured crisis in order to anger the Democrats. Hate and anger brings them together, because that is their thing. The goal is to bring them out in droves for the elections. They can't even see that they are being manipulated.

And yet, it is threads like this and posts like yours that clearly demonstrate that the anger and fear is being generated among those of all political persuasions.

The mission of the extremist media is achieved.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Let them cry and let them have their little sit ins. Each time they protest they render protesting more and more ineffective.

If their actions are rendering protest ineffective, why are so many talking about the protests?

To my mind, a protest is to raise awareness of an issue in the minds of the public, not, necessarily to change the attitudes of others.

A protester believes that if more people know what's going on that more people will support their position. Sometimes, even often times, that isn't true.

Protests for the most part are spectacle these days. However, if the number is increasing, I would guess that represents a growing number of people who feel powerless in the face of current policies.

The problem is, protests are less and less about injustice and more and more about feelings. Its no more than catharsis. It’s embarrassing.

link   

General question: Do those protesting Trump's current policies cause you problems in some way, personally?

No. Do those pointing out that Clinton and Obama, not Trump, created those policies cause you problems in some way personally?

Or do you have an issue with Americans exercising their rights to assemble and speak, regardless of whether you agree with them on the issue or what your estimation of them is?

No. You're just attempting to personally attack rather than addressing the content of my post.

If you disagree with them so heartily, perhaps you should counter-protest?

I have no obligation to do things because someone on the internet told me to.

link   

Ummm...yes...many are...

Truth is though...leftist mentality takes the lions share...by far...

I am appreciating the new you though...actually...it’s really the original you...good to see you back...
You were always fairly balanced before this current paradigm...good to see you return to your roots...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I can see that point, surely.

My fellow humans embarrass me on a regular basis.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Agreed

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

In rough order of your presentation ... Clinton-Bush-Obama-Trump are all politicians. I don't have a very high opinion of politicians and the fact that they overly affect my life with their BS does trouble me, yes.

Asking you a question you don't like isn't personally attacking you.

And no, you have no obligation to do much except die and pay taxes. The human condition, eh?

Thanks for the answering-questions-with-questions and non-answers though!

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I want us to do it the right way now

Ok. You have an opportunity to stand behind your words. Go ahead and describe the various DHS and ICE practices you don't like and tell us why you don't like them and how you would do things differently.
edit on 7/1/2018 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Anybody find it strange how these "grassroots" mass protests just spontaneously seem to self organize across the nation, with professionally produced banners and headline coverage, only to be completely forgotten when the next shiny new narrative appears?

edit on 1-7-2018 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join