It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More fake protesting of the immigration issue? Ugh..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: network dude

Now you're merely rephrasing your claims and creating several logical fallacies.

Since you won't answer my question, I'll answer it for you: one belittles another person in a discussion when their own arguments are insufficient.

As I said before you posted, the Trump Administration changed the way in which laws regarding illegal crossing of the border are enforced, specifically in April 2018 in a letter by AG Jeff Sessions. Since that time the number of families separated at the border because of that change has vastly increased. A secondary concern is the treatment of the kids in custody as noted.

Yes, they are enforcing the laws more aggressively. Have they arrested people who didn't break the laws? I don't think so. Were the conditions that existed to house the kids changed in the last few months? I don't think they have, they are the same as they have been for a while now, even prior to Trump.

And the kids who traveled alone, were in these conditions back in 2014 as well. Where was your anger then? Where was your compassion? Did you not care about these kids then? Did you just grow a Heart in the last few months? Or was it the triggering by the MSM that drove your anger?

You can lie to me all you want, but what you tell that guy in the mirror matters.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Anathros

Let them cry and let them have their little sit ins. Each time they protest they render protesting more and more ineffective.

If their actions are rendering protest ineffective, why are so many talking about the protests?

To my mind, a protest is to raise awareness of an issue in the minds of the public, not, necessarily to change the attitudes of others.

A protester believes that if more people know what's going on that more people will support their position. Sometimes, even often times, that isn't true.

Protests for the most part are spectacle these days. However, if the number is increasing, I would guess that represents a growing number of people who feel powerless in the face of current policies.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Hey hows that collusion thing going? You are so easily manipulated its literally like you cant think for yourself at all.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

As I understand the issues that many have with current policy, it would be that it is unnecessary to separate so many families in order to control illegal border crossing. The conditions in these detention centers are pretty awful according to reports, so to me, the duration is unimportant, we should do something to make the situation better.

Are you saying that you're fine with kids being mistreated then? Because its happened before?

No one is lying to you, and further, you have no knowledge about what I direct my compassion toward

That's an absurd comment on your part and indicative of the weaknesses of your general argumentative style.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Hey hows that collusion thing going? You are so easily manipulated its literally like you cant think for yourself at all.

Hmmm ... pretty well, as I understand it. Indictments of several Russians and Russian companies, three members of the Trump campaign have confessed to crimes, and his campaign manager is now in jail.

Are you already out of "arguments" about the topic? Sad.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Hmmm ... pretty well, as I understand it. Indictments of several Russians and Russian companies, three members of the Trump campaign have confessed to crimes, and his campaign manager is now in jail.

LOL thats funny.. So nothing on Trump though right? What about Stormy? Nothingbuger?

MAGA

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

The topic is immigration enforcement.

Do try to focus.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The topic is immigration enforcement.

Do try to focus.

LOL LOL LOL .. Thats what they want . You to just talk about what CNN tells you to. You dont even know the topic of this thread.

They toy with you like grade school teacher toy with their students..

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Fear of illegal immigration is being pushed to garner such support.humansarefree.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

As I understand the issues that many have with current policy, it would be that it is unnecessary to separate so many families in order to control illegal border crossing. The conditions in these detention centers are pretty awful according to reports, so to me, the duration is unimportant, we should do something to make the situation better.

Are you saying that you're fine with kids being mistreated then? Because its happened before?

No one is lying to you, and further, you have no knowledge about what I direct my compassion toward

That's an absurd comment on your part and indicative of the weaknesses of your general argumentative style.

Did Trump sign an Executive order to help keep kids with their parents? I thought he did this a couple weeks ago, right about the time that was the excuse for all the anger. Now that he has done that, he gave the left what they wanted. And it's not enough. At this point, you don't seem to know what you want, and I can't imagine you are all that different then others in this regard, so why don't you explain it to me.

It's my understanding that the left is protesting because they don't like Trump, not because they actually care about the issues brought up. The proof to make that untrue, would be showing the outrage on this issue that existed before April of this year.

I'm sorry that this one hits you so close to home, but it's just the way it is. You are being led by the MSM and being used to provoke a response, the one they want you to provoke. I am sure there are examples of the right in the same situation, but this time, it's you. Just you. Prove me wrong, but please, leave the appeals to emotion out of it.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The topic of the thread is immigration enforcement and protests of those policies.

What in the world does "CNN" have to do with that fact? It's right here on the page in front of your eyes.

Do you have anything beyond "har, har, da CNN is fake news #MAGA"? If not, I'm wasting precious time.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Before the middle of April 2018, the number of families split up at our border in the course of enforcing our laws was a fraction of what it is now.

The Trump Administration changed the policy of enforcement in 2018.

Folks are exercising their American right to assemble and speak because they do not support these changes made in their name.

According to the MSM Trump is a monster who created all these problems because he decided to enforce existing laws.

However, according to every person who ever worked in the field, ICE, Border Patrol, Judges and the DHS all of these things were happening before Trump took office.

Apparently if its 100 families per year under Obama that's just fine. 100 families torn apart is insignificant. But once that number reaches 200 we are outraged. Unlike the previous administration Trump actually is fixing the problem temporarily. The real solution must come from Congress.

If the left is so concerned about the families they would give Trump his f-ing wall a get bi-partisan legislation passed.

But they know their voting base is so stupid they can get away with blaming Trump without actually doing anything to fix the problem. Only one side is working to fix the problem. The other side wants to exploit the problem for political gain.

Google is not your friend because it will likely take you to all the BS being spit out by the fake news outlets.

No borders, no laws. Great platform.

edit on 1-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

The topic of the thread is immigration enforcement and protests of those policies.

What in the world does "CNN" have to do with that fact? It's right here on the page in front of your eyes.

Do you have anything beyond "har, har, da CNN is fake news #MAGA"? If not, I'm wasting precious time.

The topic is fake protests and fake outrage . Did you even read the op?

CNN has everything to do with fake...

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

President Trump signed an Executive Order in line with his typical knee-jerk reactions to his press, and by doing so, has created an absurd amount of confusion at our borders that were already overwhelmed.

The Trump Adminstration made the policy change in April, whined that they couldn't do anything about it, and then reversed one element of their own policies as a publicity stunt.

Pretending that this is all somehow effective in keeping American safe is absurd, and honestly, that is my issue with it.

People are protesting because they don't like Trump's policies. See Amendment I.

You decry an appeal to emotion as you make one. You've truly bored me now.
edit on 1-7-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Har Har.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Here are the basics:

The policy change of the Trump Administration in April 2018 has created the current situation and people are not happy about it.

Kids were separated from their famlies in some instances, but the rate of separation and the numbers separated has increased dramatically since the Trump Administration changed enforcement policies.

The remainder of your post seems to be a series of personal opinions and misunderstandings; I can't help you there.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

President Trump signed an Executive Order in line with his typical knee-jerk reactions to his press, and by doing so, has created an absurd amount of confusion at our borders that were already overwhelmed.

OMG. What extra confusion? LMAO.. Why cant they just go back to doing what they were doing under Obama if that was so awesome?

Oh yeah because its the same thing. My god its like arguing with toddlers.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Catch and release equals open borders. How many families can we let in before we run out of money to support them and become a third world nation?

The only knee jerk reaction is coming from the left.

One party is offering solutions to strengthen borders and ensure people are properly vetted before they are allowed in.

The other party is opposed to anything but open borders without any forethought of the consequences. The same party that would rather obstruct justice and progress than to compromise on an actual solution.

Trump has basically agreed to everything the democrats were originally asking for if they would include the funds for a wall. A wall that the DHS, Border Patrol and ICE all agree with. But the left woud rather make this more about a damm wall than the actual people being affected.

edit on 1-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Whatever did happen to the Russian collusion, Stormy Daniels, METOO, LGBWTFs cake baking, Impeachment?

What's that? The MSM says it isn't relevant anymore? But you all had these mountains of evidence and proof and experts that....what happened?

Now everyone cares about illegal immigrant children! Oh the outrage?! How dare ICE do their jobs by the laws that are on the books and being enforced! How dare they! Shame on ICE! GRRRR.

Get outraged because the MSM told you too. Some of you are brain dead inside and can't see the puppet master behind the curtains for the lie it is.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I suggest you read up on each of those statements you just made. If you think that proves any collusion.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join