It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Families Belong Together - Illogical Nationwide Protests on June 30th 2018.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
the u.s has always been xenophobic towards immigrants, legal or illegal. www.history.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ill ask you the same thing I asked Angeldoll In another thread. Where was your concern about this under Obama? You do have a past thread or post about it on ATS correct? RIght? Ya? Yes? Oh you don't?

Must just be about hating Trump and less about the kids then I guess.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

I don't know of the Obama administration separating families at the border. Are you sure what that demonstration is about? Or is it about separating a child who is a citizen with a home in the US, from their mother who is not?

If it is, are you saying that Trump is as bad as Obama?
edit on 6/30/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: rickymouse

It isn't just Mexicans who are crossing the border.

I am aware of it, there are many passing through Mexico from Guatemala and other lower countries too.

One of the Senators said that over the past 2 years, most of the illegal immigrants originate from Guatemala. There must be something terrible going on there right now.

My son-in-law was born in Guatemala. He has relatives there. He is working on his citizenship but is not quite done with it yet. I guess there is a lot of gangs and drug related issues going there, some groups are trying to take over everything. It is tied to what we refer to as the Cartel somehow. Not very nice down there from what he says. I understand the kids are just looking for a better life, but coming here is not the answer, we somehow must help those people to get rid of the problem down there. Since that exodus started back like four years ago the leader of Guatemala has been replaced. But it is still not nice down there. My information about what is going on down there is about three years old, I have not talked about this subject with my daughter for about two to three years now when the government was being upended

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

It baffles me as I see a lot of it here on ATS but why the hell do foreigners have such an interest in how we enforce our borders and immigration laws?

Maybe just maybe its a hate for America and you know what will happen if we open our borders to millions of illegal immigrants. Maybe ya just wanna see America fail?

That is a logical assumption, for why else do you give a rats ass how another country handles its immigration policies?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I don't know of the Obama administration separating families at the border. Are you sure what that demonstration is about? Or is it about separating a child who is a citizen from their mother who is not?

This was going on way before Trump. I don't know why people are protesting now, it has been going on for many years. Trump is actually taking some action to fix the problem, I think that is a good thing but people are mistakenly blaming this mess on Trump.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Trump is actually taking some action to fix the problem

For example?
Separating babies from their mothers? How exactly does that "fix" anything?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

This week, the Supreme Court gave President Trump (and any subsequent US President) the authority to "thoroughly vet" people coming into this country, as his administration sees fit. There's probably some way to use that authority to reduce the number of criminals coming into our country from Mexico.

Yes, if the criminals do not just sneak over the border, they will be vetted. The wall should be built to keep the drugs and criminals from coming into this country. Locks keep the honest people honest, the wall will steer good people to follow our immigration laws. They will not be illegal aliens if they come in properly. I have no problem with reasonable immigration, but why not fix our immigration system so it is a reasonable cost for these people to get into our country instead of just letting them sneak in and work at jobs where there is corrupt management that pays less than they should. California likes these people, they work for cheap in a state that has a very expensive cost of living. Their money goes nowhere there.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Im saying what do you propose? You catch an illegal crossing the border with a child. Do you take the child to the holding center with the person who MAY be the parent?

Tell me what do you do? Oh you release both of them that's your answer? If it isn't what is done?

All misdemeanors are crimes and all crimes are offenses for which you can be arrested… So if I get caught doing a misdemeanor that is arrestable and my kid is with me and I'm a single parent does the kid go to the detention center with me or are we separated?

But Im an American and my child being separated from me doesn't matter. A fellow citizen's child separated from their parent doesn't score you any virtue signaling points or outrage towards Trump, right?

Fake outrage in its purest form. HA!
edit on 30-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   

I don't know of the Obama administration separating families at the border. Are you sure what that demonstration is about? Or is it about separating a child who is a citizen with a home in the US, from their mother who is not?

No thread about Obama doing this?

So its just hate for Trump.

Thanks, I got my answer.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I prefer the term loathing.

But why are you posting images which have nothing to do with Trump's policy? Is that all you have? Disinfo?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Trump is actually taking some action to fix the problem

For example?
Separating babies from their mothers? How exactly does that "fix" anything?

They were separating some of the parents and kids before Trump got in office, that has been going on for many years. There are many more prosecutions going on since April but the parents are being put into jails and the kids are not allowed to be jailed with them. Trump has changed a policy that goes back since Bush now. Separating the kids from the parents was always allowed, Trump just boosted the procecutions instead of just kicking them out or leaving them in.

It was going on under Obama too, even under Bush. The numbers did take a jump under the Trump administration so there are a lot more kids in the system now.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

They were separating some of the parents and kids before Trump got in office, that has been going on for many years.
I've heard that said.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I prefer the term loathing.

But why are you posting images which have nothing to do with Trump's policy? Is that all you have? Disinfo?

Im just pointing out the fake outrage. You are not stupid, there are a ton of liberals on this site who are smart, some smarter than me.

But its hard to win a debate on emotions alone even if you are smarter. And you are smart. But why not the outrage for Americans being separated from their kids?

You should stick to Astronomy that's your strong suit, I don't know why your logic doesn't carry over to this issue.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

They were separating some of the parents and kids before Trump got in office, that has been going on for many years.
I've heard that said.

You act like you do not believe it, there is a lot of real evidence that shows that. If someone around here gets busted for illegal activity and there is no immediate family to take the kids, the kids are taken away by some agency till the people get out of jail. That happens a lot, then they need to apply to get their kids back, many are stuck in foster homes and taken away from the parents. Even the grandparents need to go through channels to get the kids once protective services gets involved many times, the kids are swept away till a court hearing is done. I know many people this has happened to, they are grandkids or great grandkids of people I know

So if citizens break the law, protective services takes away the kids. But they now cannot take away the kids of someone who sneaks into the country illegally for even a few weeks?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Prior to April 2018, and under previous Administrations, the laws were also being enforced, in fact, under the Obama Administration, there were arguably more deportations than under any recent President.

The Trump Administration changed their procedure for the enforcement of our laws in April 2018.

THAT CHANGE BY TRUMP IN APRIL has resulted in a massive increase in the number of families separated at the border (i.e. all of them) whereas before the number of families separated was much smaller. Trump's EO directing that families not be separated was nothing more than a public act retreating in the face of public outrage.

If he truly wanted to correct the current issue, he would have Sessions reverse the policy change made in April 2018.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

But its hard to win a debate on emotions alone even if you are smarter.

I agree.
Is that why you posted an image which has nothing to do with separating families at the border?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

You act like you do not believe it, there is a lot of real evidence that shows that.

Fine. Show it to me.
Show me where children were separated from their parents at the border, because of an illegal border crossing. I would like to see more than one instance in order to consider your argument reasonable. But I would like to see one.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Even if Congress gets around to changing our immigration laws, there's no way they would (or should!) enable everyone who's able to sneak into America, to be rewarded with the freedom to stay here, and live wherever they want. That's not good for the safety of Americans. And it would be a slap in the face to those who went through the immigration process properly.

-CareWeMust

Tell that to the Cuban immigrants.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join