It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Families Belong Together - Illogical Nationwide Protests on June 30th 2018.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It would indeed seem that verifying relationship would be a priority though. "Sorting it out." Do you think it has been? The government got right on it? I don't.

Government is not fast, easy or cheap, sorry... They are most likely doing the best that they can with what they have to work with. We are not talking unlimited funds, equipment, personal here.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: WarriorMH

Maybe if you had not messed up their minds in the first place they would be happy in their countries, i am missing something here?

Ya the part we are talking about Central and south america...lol Don't think we had a war down there in awhile to cause all this.

Oh your country does, in several ways, you just down know because you are here discussing the small details while the real thing goes on out there, you are just not aware anymore

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So, the assumption is that they are not the parents?

We are not talking unlimited funds, equipment, personal here.

Correct. We are talking about a cluster#. No plan. No logistics.
Take the kids away. That'll teach 'em!

And the base'll love it.

Oopsy.

edit on 6/30/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I wanted to go out of this thread but dense comments like this just don't allow

My use of dense was a play on your use of dense...lol

How about not go and destroy the country of those 100,000 kids in the first place so that they don't have to go into your door asking for help?

Do you know where these kids are coming form? Not from a war torn country, and not one the US is in or has been in...not sure what you are getting at here.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

So, the assumption is that they are not the parents?

Do we know who is who? Not sure why we are debating this anyways Trump signed the EO so what are we talking about here?

Take the kids away. That'll teach 'em!

Put the kids in jail with them? That would really teach them. Once again, answer me here please, you go to jail, do your kids go too?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Oh your country does, in several ways, you just down know because you are here discussing the small details while the real thing goes on out there, you are just not aware anymore

Can you name one country, please?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

I went to the US when i was 13 years old, barely able to speak English. I was treated like garbage, just like more or less here sometimes but i don't care lol. So anyway I learned the language for the most part from american friends then i went to Spain one year later and from then i have been going through a few other places. I have never seen in all that time so dense minds in any possible way.

Tickness comes to mind, or whatever it is written but really how can you be so dense?

You all look like fools discussing the petty details while the real thing keeps going on out there, how foolish and you pretend to be "adults" lmao

I'm sorry you feel that way.
I hope you are happy in Mexico.

I am not Mexican, i do live here since 8 months ago, i have lived in lots of places but to be honest yes i wish i had been Mexican or at least be able to earn nationality and yes i say so as truth

But i'll have to move on so oh well i have already been through a few other latin american countries and most of them were so nice and beautiful i just don't get why you think otherwise.

I have so many great stories and not the ones about beaches and stuff, no i have other very different things that i went through and that's why i love those countries and people, just don't get it do you? You need to actually live like them to learn why or how and then you could see what's really happening.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Not sure why we are debating this anyways Trump signed the EO so what are we talking about here?

Are you sure you know that's what the EO was? You got that squared away now? It seems that you were confused about it earlier. (What do you think about this, btw?
www.abovetopsecret.com...)

Put the kids in jail with them? That would really teach them. Once again, answer me here please, you go to jail, do your kids go too?
You know that the administration's policy was that the whole point of "zero tolerance" and family separation (because we have no choice) is deterrence, right? Throw 'em in jail, take their kids away. That'll teach 'em!

Aside from that, why is it that only now is the administration trying to figure out how to keep the families together? I thought there was no way to do it. Trump was unaware of what the "plan" was?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Can you name one country, please?

Go to Salvador, see how the US destroyed them and now they are looking for reasons to get back what they used to have. That's just want thing, and Trump talks about saying they are animals "the mara", which is something the US created just like ISIS out there in the middle east.

Be honest please. Now they are getting into the US, who created them? The US, who created ISIS? The US? both are trying to get into the US and destroy it, why? are you really dense or just looking to argue?

In any case i don't care right now, i'm going to forget all this dumb discussion because it will never have an ending and i just got bored so farewell and as i said before i'm out because i don't want to become crazy over this

Oh just so you know, lots of US soldiers when in the middle east they call themselves "jihadists", explain to yourself why lmao, you are truly unaware of what is happening out there but i have lived in Iraq for almost a year and i was able to see the truth of what really happens there, you are just blind to your own nature because you are protected by the lies you are told, and that's sad

edit on 30-6-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

But what I was wondering, shouldn't the process have started when the separation occurred?

The immigration hearing process does. By definition.

If you mean trying to find out what to do with the kids, it does too, but apparently Trump agreed it didn't move fast enough.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

If you mean trying to find out what to do with the kids, it does too,
I meant verification of the relationship. Seems that would be a priority. Seems it wasn't. Seems the whole thing has been an ill conceived cluster# with no plan other than "lock them up!"

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I meant verification of the relationship.

I'd like to think it was a priority, but I don't know for certain. I just know Trump made it a priority.

As for your characterization, let's dump 100,000 people in your local grocery store all at the same time. Would that be an "ill-conceived store"?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

As for your characterization, let's dump 100,000 people in your local grocery store all at the same time. Would that be an "ill-conceived store"?
Yes.

I just know Trump made it a priority.
What do you think will happen with the court order?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Fair enough then. It's an ill-conceived plan.

Who conceived it?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Who conceived it?

The administration. With their zero tolerance policy. They should have thought it through.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

The administration makes laws?

What does Congress do, then?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   

The administration makes laws?
Of course not. But it does prioritize enforcement.

What does Congress do, then?
Give lots of money to rich people while increasing the budget deficit.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Attorney General JEFF SESSION initiated the zero-tolerance policy. Quote from May 7, 2018:

"If you cross this border unlawfully, then we will prosecute you. It's that simple," said Sessions. "If you smuggle illegal aliens across our border, then we will prosecute you. If you are smuggling a child, then we will prosecute you and that child will be separated from you as required by law. If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."
Source: www.npr.org...

He may have informed President Trump about it, but as we all know, they haven't been on the best speaking terms over the past year. The A.G. has a lot of autonomy when it comes to enforcing laws.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I see. The buck stops with Sessions.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Of course not. But it does prioritize enforcement.

Does that mean it can ignore enforcement?

Give lots of money to rich people while increasing the budget deficit.

OK, you got me there.

Rephrase: What is Congress supposed to do?

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join