It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Families Belong Together - Illogical Nationwide Protests on June 30th 2018.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Obama did the same thing on a smaller scale.

So if say 500 families were separated under Obama does that mean the lack of rage from the MSM and liberals is justified?
Separation is separation even if it was a smaller number.

If you murder 1 person or 20 people its bad in my eyes and id call that person out as evil.

So why not the call out on Obama by the MSM even if it was a lower number separated?
edit on 30-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Perhaps we should change the maxim on the Statue of Liberty then:

"Don't send me your tired or your poor or your huddled masses longing to breathe free, because you're all dirty rotten criminals that aren't going to be allowed to sneak into America and kill us all in our sleep and rape our chihuahuas. I lift my foot toward your rear-ends to kick you back through the golden door that most of the families of these American nativist nutjobs came through a few decades ago."

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Prior to April 2018, and under previous Administrations, the laws were also being enforced, in fact, under the Obama Administration, there were arguably more deportations than under any recent President.

The Trump Administration changed their procedure for the enforcement of our laws in April 2018.

THAT CHANGE BY TRUMP IN APRIL has resulted in a massive increase in the number of families separated at the border (i.e. all of them) whereas before the number of families separated was much smaller. Trump's EO directing that families not be separated was nothing more than a public act retreating in the face of public outrage.

If he truly wanted to correct the current issue, he would have Sessions reverse the policy change made in April 2018.

That statistic was due in large part to a change in how "deportations" are defined rather than to an increase in the number of persons deported.

So those kids separated under Obama didn't feel the same pain because it was done in a smaller number?

In other words you are saying if Trump kept the numbers the same as the Obama administration the media would not have made an issue of it?

Pffft right.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Obam did the same thing on a smaller scale.

I've heard that said.
So Trump is like Obama, but more so?

edit on 6/30/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Obama was still deporting a lot of illegal border crossers however you count it.

The kids did suffer the same pain. It wasn't all of the kids of all of the families crossing the border though.

This was an unnecessary change that inflicts suffering for no good purpose on far a greater number of kids and families.

"In other words" invariably heralds someone making a strawman argument.

edit on 30-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Perhaps we should change the maxim on the Statue of Liberty then:

"Don't send me your tired or your poor or your huddled masses longing to breathe free, because you're all dirty rotten criminals that aren't going to be allowed to sneak into America and kill us all in our sleep and rape our chihuahuas. I lift my foot toward your rear-ends to kick you back through the golden door that most of the families of these American nativist nutjobs came through a few decades ago."

Totally destroys that argument. Cant get it to embed.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Obam did the same thing on a smaller scale.

I've heard that said.
So Trump is like Obama, but more so?

The issue is I didn't have a problem with him doing it. You guys do. Im just pointing out hypocrisy. (which never does any good )

What was the other choices besides letting them go or turning them back?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: rickymouse

You act like you do not believe it, there is a lot of real evidence that shows that.

Fine. Show it to me.
Show me where children were separated from their parents at the border, because of an illegal border crossing. I would like to see more than one instance in order to consider your argument reasonable. But I would like to see one.

Read this article, it states that it was going on before but there was a major increase to this policy when Trump boosted arrests. www.politico.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

What was other choice there besides letting them go or turning them back?

That seems to be the same false dilemma that the president was ranting about. The one he couldn't do anything about.
Until he did.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You mean this?

“Left with the choice of do we release the family or do we separate them … they [the Obama administration] chose in most cases not to separate them, but to release them, ” said Brown.

Brown also said that until the zero-tolerance policy was enacted, the Trump administration released most families unless it suspected trafficking or if a parent had a criminal conviction.

That's a bit more than the misdemeanor of an illegal crossing. Wouldn't you say?

Seems the Trump administration was using its power of discretion. Until they decided not to.

edit on 6/30/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Here's where the good guys outnumber the bad guys CWM.
Here's where the American people speak out. But I'm sure he will have something completely dick worthy to say about it instead of realizing that it was wrong for him to start this in the first place. As I am equally sure that every dick worthy thing he does will be lauded on these boards

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Because he got heat for being a dick.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I doubt it. There are some families that will never be reunited because they had no plan to ever try. Wonder how that would have sat with you and your wife and your kids.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Lie.
Nothing but a lie.
The procedure was put an ankle bracelet on them and tell them to wait for their hearing. Not lock them up and certainly not to separate children from their families.
But as I said he lies you guys swear to it. All the deplorables believe him and stand behind him.
Good follow him to his social gallows.
There are going to be protests from coast to coast. Everywhere.
And that will influence the voters.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: madmac5150

There are going to be protests from coast to coast. Everywhere.
And that will influence the voters.

Wanna bet?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Seeking refugee status is not illegal, they were criminalized without due process, putting a 5 or 7 yrs old on the stand by themselves is reprehensible.

Immigrant Children Do Not Have the Right to an Attorney Unless They Can Pay, Rules Appeals Court
www.aclu.org...

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I find it funny that when you bring up Cubans that are/were not only allowed into the States but policy was made to make it easier for them, as opposed to what Mexicans have to deal with, there's NO discussion on that. I've done it 3 times and I saw another.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I find it funny that when you bring up Cubans that are/were not only allowed into the States but policy was made to make it easier for them, as opposed to what Mexicans have to deal with, there's NO discussion on that. I've done it 3 times and I saw another.

I would hazard to say that the current system is designed to make it very difficult for poor people to immigrate.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I would hazard to say that the current system is designed to make it very difficult for poor people to immigrate.

Cubans came in boats. They weren't well to do. This boils down to a hatred of Mexicans that's been part of the American psyche for over a century. It's the only logical assumption.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Trump created the crisis and Trump can stop it.

Um, no. Pretty sure those illegally enering the US created, and sustain, the “crisis”, which is actually a non-crisis blown out of proportion to deflect the FBI IG report findings and subsequent Congressional hearings. But carry on. Just keep proving to the US popukace what kind of Justice we need to replace Kennedy. One that believes in the rule of law and the US as a sovereign nation.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join