It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME Magazine & CNN exposed pushing fake news imagery and propaganda.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: RowanBean

Well maybe instead of applauding their brilliance you could call it for what it is. If everybody did that maybe we could stem the flow of BS coming from everywhere.

Well I guess we both could go around and reminding posters on both sides not to be cheerleaders for either side.

But yeah I usually always point out the game that the MSM is playing. Shame that some people don't realize that.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
But yeah I usually always point out the game that the MSM is playing. Shame that some people don't realize that.

So...What makes your perception better than mine?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: majickJimi

I haven't seen your observations yet but I suspect his are not better than yours.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: face23785

Exactly why I'm calling for a stricter vetting process for assylum seekers, stronger border security and a pathway to citizenship for law abiding people able to take care of themselves without government assistance.

Sounds a lot like the deal the President proposed a few months ago that the Democrats rejected.

BTW they couldnt get enough GOP votes to begin with...

If you got enough Democrats on board you wouldn't need the entire GOP vote. But the Dems absolutely don't want to compromise. They don't want the DACA situation fixed and they don't want this current issue fixed. If those get fixed, they have nothing to campaign on for the midterms.

Maybe the GOP could actually write bi-partisan bills that would get DEM votes? That is not happening though. Every major piece of legislation pushed through (Tax plan, healthcare, the budget) have all been partisan bills that the GOP know would not get DEM votes and they still failed in some cases getting their own people to vote on the bills.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Didn't realize I made that claim? Anyway we all have some degrees of awareness.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

No it’s not about ratings.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

They could find a way to end the national debt and it wouldn't get support from the Dems. They literally defended MS-13 and talked about their Divine Spark.
edit on 23-6-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

I haven't seen your observations yet but I suspect his are not better than yours.

I'm not saying that my perception is any better than anyone else. I do however frequently question the perception of others because I believe they are missing an important point.

Like as in this present instance; The OP and others are condemning TIME for their art, and in the process they mischaracterize the arf, the magazine, and the story.

Just sayin'

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Nothing new under the sun. The only disappointment is Trump backed down.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Pyle

They could find a way to end the national debt and it wouldn't get support from the Dems. They literally defended MS-13 and talked about their Divine Spark.

Bull# much?

The GOP cant even get their own members to agree with alot of bills they make and you still blame the dems for that?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

[

Wait...Did you actually think that Trump personally met this child in some special all red room at the border where he watches children cry

????????????????????????????????????????????????

What The Eff is going on in your brain?

The cover is obviously MAGAZINE ART????

You thought it was a REAL PICTURE???

No offense, but that makes it YOUR BAD if your brain is so mushy to think this picture is REAL, not the magazine's fault for it's cover art.

Not so much propaganda as an obvious issue with you discerning real pictures from cover-art.

edit on 23-6-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

You didn't read the post did you? Try again, and at least attempt a better defense of this blatant propaganda.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I'm not saying that my perception is any better than anyone else. I do however frequently question the perception of others because I believe they are missing an important point.

Like as in this present instance; The OP and others are condemning TIME for their art, and in the process they mischaracterize the arf, the magazine, and the story.

Just sayin'

I see some are simply not going to get it because it causes their narrative to die.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I agree and even said the same thing earlier but then Time printed a retraction so i was wrong. I guess time did mean to use the girl as an example of Trumps policies.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

only a fool reads/watches those outlets with any trust. their ratings show that we the people are rejecting the lies, but still too many sheeple.

I agree that time cover is ridiculous but as for your sheeple...that's Machiavellian.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I agree and even said the same thing earlier but then Time printed a retraction so i was wrong. I guess time did mean to use the girl as an example of Trumps policies.

I believe the original article said the little girl was "facing possible separation from her mother". According to the arresting border agent, he took them to "family" AKA general detention. According to the law, within 48 hours those detentionees are turned over to ICE. The "No Tolerance" policy in effect would suggest that the mother was booked and jailed while the little girl went to Health and Human Services. But we don't know what happened when the mother and child were turned over to ICE, just that Ruiz, the Border Control agent didn't separate them.

Regardless, the little girl is a legitimate representative face of the problem, and using her in a visual political commentary magazine cover art piece is not a big deal, in my opinion.

edit on 24-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Just sayin'

I see some are simply not going to get it because it causes their narrative to die.

And just WHAT narrative would that be?!?? (be very prepared to be dead wrong!)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Exactly why I'm calling for a stricter vetting process for assylum seekers, stronger border security and a pathway to citizenship for law abiding people able to take care of themselves without government assistance.

Sounds a lot like the deal the President proposed a few months ago that the Democrats rejected.

If you got enough Democrats on board you wouldn't need the entire GOP vote. But the Dems absolutely don't want to compromise. They don't want the DACA situation fixed and they don't want this current issue fixed. If those get fixed, they have nothing to campaign on for the midterms.

Maybe the GOP could actually write bi-partisan bills that would get DEM votes? That is not happening though. Every major piece of legislation pushed through (Tax plan, healthcare, the budget) have all been partisan bills that the GOP know would not get DEM votes and they still failed in some cases getting their own people to vote on the bills.

A number of Dems in Congress right now are on record having supported a lot of stuff in the bills proposed by the GOP. They've just flip-flopped on the issue because they don't like the man in the White House. Of course, I don't expect you to be aware that Schumer and a bunch of other Dems were for border security and limiting illegal immigration just a few short years ago. They are dishonest frauds who don't want to fix anything because they won't have anything to run on.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

That's the failure of our Modern day politics.
Neither side wants to help the other out. Dem's want the dreamers solved......but only on their watch. The Republicans wanted nothing to do with helping Obama when they were the minority party.

The majority parties don't go out of their way to bridge gaps and make compromises either.

The last time the two parties came together for meaningful legislation was Medicare Part D Drug coverage......that was 15 years ago. There wasn't much bipartisan efforts before then either. Some was done under Reagan and some done under Clinton, but that's about it.

We could have way better laws past if these two idiot parties actually did what is best for the average Americans best interest.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

That's the failure of our Modern day politics.
Neither side wants to help the other out. Dem's want the dreamers solved......but only on their watch. The Republicans wanted nothing to do with helping Obama when they were the minority party.

The majority parties don't go out of their way to bridge gaps and make compromises either.

The last time the two parties came together for meaningful legislation was Medicare Part D Drug coverage......that was 15 years ago. There wasn't much bipartisan efforts before then either. Some was done under Reagan and some done under Clinton, but that's about it.

We could have way better laws past if these two idiot parties actually did what is best for the average Americans best interest.

I certainly agree that neither party goes out of their way often to compromise. However, you have to admit, the compromise proposed by Trump on DACA a few months agogave them everything they wanted and they walked away. They need it as an election issue, that's all there is to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join