It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME Magazine & CNN exposed pushing fake news imagery and propaganda.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

originally posted by: Rewey

a reply to: Gothmog

Correction isn't enough for you?

No, Gothmog is 100% correct on this. A correction is fine for a genuine error. But this is simply sloppy, poor journalism.

And it's made worse when this seems to be constantly fed to the masses to support an agenda. Under the guise of 'misstating' something.

Nope. As I have stated the photographer himself didn't know the child's fate and he thought they would be separated.

But anyway I love it because it causes Trump followers to become unhinged.

But that's exactly Gothmog's point which you're disagreeing with. Journalism isn't about 'I'll just assume what happened and write about it'. It's about research and integrity. Not guesses. That is unacceptable for any news organisation.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

because the entire point of it is that the media was silent for one president, and spreading rampant dissent for another. It's not like the story suddenly broke under Trump's presidency, it's that the media has always known, but only reports selectively.

Or it could be due to it being the hot topic today since Trump promised about building the wall. It could also be that the MSM is reporting what their bases want to hear. Money talks, BS walks.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

No, Gothmog is 100% correct on this. A correction is fine for a genuine error. But this is simply sloppy, poor journalism.

And it's made worse when this seems to be constantly fed to the masses to support an agenda. Under the guise of 'misstating' something.

Nope. As I have stated the photographer himself didn't know the child's fate and he thought they would be separated.

But that's exactly Gothmog's point which you're disagreeing with. Journalism isn't about 'I'll just assume what happened and write about it'. It's about research and integrity. Not guesses. That is unacceptable for any news organisation.

But the error here is that they have never claimed that the girl was separated. They just used her as their cover to trigger a response.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

They just used her as their cover to trigger a response.

Exactly.

Glad you finally get it.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
a reply to: RowanBean

Exactly.

Glad you finally get it.

Uh I've always gotten it. In fact I've stated as such on other page. But enjoy your fantasy that anyone on the left hasn't gotten it.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

originally posted by: face23785
Truth. The media is doing far more damage to freedom of the press than Trump ever could. They've been destroying their own reputation for years. "fake news" is not a new concept, people have known about the media's bias and agenda for a long time.

Art is art, and news is news.

This is provocative cover art.

People trying to claim that art is news (or in this case that art is "fake news") represents a huge part of the political problem we have here in the U.S..

Thou doth protest too much!

The 'art' was intended to express an opinion based on a lie and Time Magazine claims to be "news". It is time they change their name to "Mad Magazine" because it is more appropriate.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

But the error here is that they have never claimed that the girl was separated. They just used her as their cover to trigger a response.

Then why issue a correction stating 'the girl was not carried away screaming by US border patrol agents'?

This goes beyond simply stirring up talking points. This is conflating issues and images to push an agenda.
edit on 22-6-2018 by Rewey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The first thing I thought when I seen the cover was. Well at least that crying little girl was smart enough to go to Trump for help. It is almost as if he is getting ready to pick her up and tell her it's going to be okay.

Time. Leave it to them to even screw up an ideological statement about how evil Trump is. They made it look like a crying little girl went to Trump for help. The best thing is that he actually did help them with his EO. lol. Oh Time...every now and then you make it seem as if your on Trump's side.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Kind Regards,
Highvein.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Then why issue a correction stating 'the girl was not carried away screaming by US border patrol agents'?

This goes beyond simply stirring up talking points. This is conflating issues and images to push an agenda.

Perhaps because the unhinged Trump followers are having explosive diarrhea over the cover?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

The first thing I thought when I seen the cover was. Well at least that crying little girl was smart enough to go to Trump for help. It is almost as if he is getting ready to pick her up and tell her it's going to be okay.

Nice! Never thought of it that way. That's a nice image.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Perhaps because the unhinged Trump followers are having explosive diarrhea over the cover?

I don't buy this at all - this is circular logic. According to you:

But when asked why they subsequently issued a correction:

So the only reason they issue a correction is because they created the exact response they were trying to create by publishing the image? Sorry, can't agree with you here.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010
According to another news article the father is a captain at the port. He stated that his wife or partner wanted to leave Honduras to "Live the American Dream." The father didn't want to go. He has a job that pays decent. He said things are good but not great. This woman was not dealing with violence. Everyone was safe. She abandoned her husband and 3 other children and put a 2 year old through hell just because she wants to "Live the American Dream." She needs to be charged with child endangerment. The child needs to go back to the father. This mother is selfish.

For those failing to recognize the significance of this, this means that her asylum claim is invalid. You aren't granted asylum for economic purposes. People like this abusing the asylum system clog it up and make it harder and take longer to get to people with legit asylum claims that are in actual danger. Anyone supporting that needs their head examined. You don't really care about people's safety, just importing as many voters as possible.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: majickJimi

Trump doesn't decide the penalty for breaking the law. Are you arguing because our politicians have made the crime a misdemeanor illegals should not be prosecuted, have no repercussions?

It's only a misdemeanor the first time. Once you've been deported once for illegal entry, the next time you do it it's a felony.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

So the only reason they issue a correction is because they created the exact response they were trying to create by publishing the image? Sorry, can't agree with you here.

Did or did not they make the claim that that particular girl was separated?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

deep....hard, deep

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Exactly why I'm calling for a stricter vetting process for assylum seekers, stronger border security and a pathway to citizenship for law abiding people able to take care of themselves without government assistance.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

Exactly why I'm calling for a stricter vetting process for assylum seekers, stronger border security and a pathway to citizenship for law abiding people able to take care of themselves without government assistance.

Sounds a lot like the deal the President proposed a few months ago that the Democrats rejected.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Source? I'll trade the wall for triple the amount of existing border agents and immediate deportations for anyone trying to cross illegaly.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Everything is propaganda.. good or bad.. anything trying to relay a message is propAganda.. by definition.

The question is “is it the truth”..

And trump changed the emplementation of a law that led to the number of immigrant families being seperated jumping 1,000 fold.

Well, funny that...Because what you are suggesting is NOT the truth...Trump didn't change anything other than to enforce the law for a change...

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

a reply to: pavil

The photographer himself stated that he didn't know the child's fate and thought they would be separated.

This is your arguement?

I didn't know, I just assumed and posted that nationally as truth.

How is that not shoddy journalism?

I assume you are Rowan Atkinson as I THOUGHT your screen name seems to indicate that.

Is that journalism?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join