It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME Magazine & CNN exposed pushing fake news imagery and propaganda.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: soberbacchus

I agree and even said the same thing earlier but then Time printed a retraction so i was wrong. I guess time did mean to use the girl as an example of Trumps policies.

I believe the original article said the little girl was "facing possible separation from her mother". According to the arresting border agent, he took them to "family" AKA general detention. According to the law, within 48 hours those detentionees are turned over to ICE. The "No Tolerance" policy in effect would suggest that the mother was booked and jailed while the little girl went to Health and Human Services. But we don't know what happened when the mother and child were turned over to ICE, just that Ruiz, the Border Control agent didn't separate them.

Regardless, the little girl is a legitimate representative face of the problem, and using her in a visual political commentary magazine cover art piece is not a big deal, in my opinion.

I thought the same thing but Time magazine said in a statement “The original version of this story misstated what happened to the girl in the photo after she (was) taken from the scene. The girl was not carried away screaming by U.S. Border Patrol agents; her mother picked her up and the two were taken away together.”

The mother Sandra Sanchez, is currently being housed at one of the government’s three existing family detention facilities at the South Texas Family Residential Center in Dilley, Texas, 230 miles north of McAllen. The press has also spoken to the father and he is awaiting the return of his daughter as arrangements are being made to unite the two according to him. His wife maybe a bit longer it depends on if they choose to release her into his custody, this is the second time she has attempted to cross making it a felony conviction. Sine the father said she ran off with the child they may choose to convict.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You see, this is how the state sanctioned propaganda works - it takes an image and portrays it to suit their modus operandi.

The problem here being that CNN is not "state sanctioned." In the United States, everyone, repeat everyone has the right to express themselves. The state, thanks to the Constitution, is not in a position to "sanction" speech. CNN and Time can say whatever they want. Donald Trump and Sarah Sanders can say whatever they want. It is up to you, me, and the rest of the world to decide who has the better track record.

As for the image on the cover of Time, it is not intended to represent an actual event. The elements of the image were chosen from different contexts and juxtaposed to create a specific effect. Any intelligent viewer would know that it does not capture an actual moment in time and space. it is symbolic. It is essentially a political cartoon. It doesn't matter what Trump was looking at or why the girl was crying.

Now: Do you approve of separating innocent children from their parents and locking them up in cages? A simple "yes" or "no," please.
edit on 24-6-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I will answer your question, but then I want to ask one of my own, okay? I will answer yours, if you will answer mine. Fair enough?

Answer - No. No bullS#, no deflections, just a straight-up answer of "No"

Okay, now here's my question...

Question - Did Trump make or recommend the making of the policy of 'separating innocent children from their parents and locking them up in cages'?

A simple "yes" or "no," please.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

So what if she wasn't taken. Thousands of others were.
Don't loose sight of the real issue.

Bruce Lee would have hated trump. Just sayin...

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I will answer your question, but then I want to ask one of my own, okay? I will answer yours, if you will answer mine. Fair enough?

Answer - No. No bullS#, no deflections, just a straight-up answer of "No"

Okay, now here's my question...

Question - Did Trump make or recommend the making of the policy of 'separating innocent children from their parents and locking them up in cages'?

A simple "yes" or "no," please.

Ya know, your question isn't simple, not at all!!!

So, an intelligent person, knowing most of the facts, the proper answer would be; YES

But, it wasn't a simple question, so neither is the answer. While Donald did not make the decision to enforce the law 100%, the decision WAS made by his AG, so...in the sense that a "boss" is responsible for those under him; Donald is 100% responsible.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yes. He justified it as a "deterrent." He did not use the word "innocent." Why?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: majickJimi

BullS#!

And you know it too! CLASSIC DEFLECTION!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Like the border crosses are all criminals bringing drugs and gangs into the U.S.?
Those kinds of lies? How about the all democrats want open borders lie?
Or that all democrats are obstructionists? Do you mean that lie?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You didn't answer my question! You answered your own question, one that you made up. I didn't ask you what he said about it, or anything of the sort. I didn't ask you if he condoned the policy.

What I asked you is...did he "create" the policy? And, (now) if he did not 'create' the policy then who did???

A simple "yes" or "no," please. (oh, and a name)

ETA...And BTW, you know exactly where I'm headed with this, and I predict you will do everything in your power to avoid answering! Why? Because it runs contrary to your agenda.
edit on 6/24/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I agree. The answer to that question is yes. It was his policy of zero tolerance.
But he's so good at the blame game and lying his fat flabby ass off he's convinced some low educated folks that it was Obama's policy.
They're all criminals in his eyes. Mom's and babies alike.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I can see you're all geared up to defend his lies. Chomping at the bit.
It was his policy. Trump the dumps. Don't even try to claim otherwise.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

And that picture, the picture in the Tweet, the picture of the "innocent child in a cage", the one which started ALL of this, the picture which circled the entire globe 50 times in a single day...THAT PICTURE...when was it taken????? You know the one, don't even think of denying it!!!

WHEN??? WHEN WAS IT TAKEN??????

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

What I asked you is...did he "create" the policy?

Which policy? The policies go back through several administrations. There was a court ruling that imposed a time limit on the separations that is also relevant. The bottom line is that previous presidents did not order massive separations, Trump did.

You can try to blame it on Obama. You can try to blame it on Bush. You can try to blame it on Clinton. But the buck stops with Trump. Deal with it.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Only dumb people believe anything trump says. If he said it was Sunday I'd question it.
Truly only the dumbest would believe anything that liar says. His record speaks for itself.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

So then you agree, Trump did not create the policies to separate children and put them in cages!

All Trump did was enforce existing policies. And he's now a bad guy?????? Really???

How about let's actually 'enforce' a whole lot more OTHER policies which need to be enforced too while we're at it!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

So then you agree, Trump did not create the policies to separate children and put them in cages!

Correct. He is simply the only one heartless enough to cage children at, literally, an industrial level. Private corporations are making money imprisoning children. It's hard not to think that might not be part of the motivation in not scrapping the policy altogether.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Bullshjt

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Read please

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Too bad that's a lie. Yeah that's why there's a picture of her with her mother AND FATHER???

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join