It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Man....gives birth to baby

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Aren't we all "forced to accept" the identities of others on a daily basis?

And since when is science the highest concern in dealing with other people?

If I hear what you're saying, your issues with other people's identities are political?

At age 52, I'm finally learning not to let other people bother me that much, LOL. Since you ask my personal opinion though, I have a much bigger issue with folks letting their religious beliefs (also not in line with most science) govern their politics and thereby legislation, regulation, jurisprudience, etc., than I would with their gender identity. That's just my take on it.

However, this is America, and the right to believe as one wishes is equivalent to the right to express oneself as one wishes.
edit on 8-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I guess my thing is I must not understand the forced to accept thing.
If a person you will never meet does a thing that has no bearing on your life how are you forced to accept it?

Forced to accept they leave gender blank?

I don't really feel forced into accepting that. It just is you know.

So to all those that feel forced into accepting them how exactly are you forced?

Makes no sense

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It boils down to it doesn't affect me so it's none of my business. Simple.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I am not forced to accept the choice of a person 100 miles away. Not forced to accept their way of life or what they write on their kids birth cert. That # has no bearing on my life at all.

These people make no sense.

With you on religious # though. When that is the basis for regulations that affect all then I am being forced

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

It boils down to it doesn't affect me so it's none of my business. Simple.

Totally agree

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yep.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Yes to SOME extent but not to the point it questions reality.

And since when is science the highest concern in dealing with other people?

Wasn't stating such a thing. However, science is the best tool that we have to try to understand reality.

If I hear what you're saying, your issues with other people's identities are political?

Not my issue I don't associate with a party for every issue but a lot of people do.

At age 52, I'm finally learning not to let other people bother me that much, LOL. Since you ask my personal opinion though, I have a much bigger issue with folks letting their religious beliefs (also not in line with most science) govern their politics and thereby legislation, regulation, jurisprudience, etc.

Funny you bring up religion as I'm agnostic and agree with you in regards to religion not being in line with science.

So it sounds like you accept people that are religious, but don't necessarily believe in their reality. Now should you be shunned for not believing in their reality?

Which brings me back to my questions which you didn't answer.

Do you care if a person identifies as an animal . From your post most likely not and me either. Now should you be shunned for thinking or questioning how that person identifies as not being exactly true or reality?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

True, I do not know how anyone else feels.

I can barely tell how I feel today. I need to wake up and get to work...

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I guess my thing is I must not understand the forced to accept thing. If a person you will never meet does a thing that has no bearing on your life how are you forced to accept it?

Not forced in the way as you are stating, perhaps I should have used a better word.

Forced in the way that you are shunned if you don't accept their identity as being reality.

IFor example do you care if a person identifies as an animal . From your post most likely not and me either. Now should you be shunned for thinking or questioning how that person identifies as not being exactly true or reality?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The gender agenda has almost single-handedly destroyed the Democratic party.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Religious beliefs don't question scientific reality??? Surely you're making an elaborate joke here.

I agree that science is a great tool in understanding the physical world. Identity is not purely physical however.

I stand with George Washington; political parties will lead to the downfall of our Republic.

Sorry, I thought my response to your question was implied -- no, I have no issue with "otherkin" identifying as real animals, imaginary animals (dragons, etc.), etc. I'm not sure about your issue with "shunning" ... if someone asks my opinion on something, and I give it to them, and they then "shun" me ... my only response for 99.9% of the people would be "Next!"

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Religious beliefs don't question scientific reality???

What???? not at all what I said. Don't see where you got that from?

What I said was " I'm agnostic and agree with you in regards to religion not being in line with science. "

Sorry, I thought my response to your question was implied -- no, I have no issue with "otherkin" identifying as real animals, imaginary animals (dragons, etc.), etc. I'm not sure about your issue with "shunning" ... if someone asks my opinion on something, and I give it to them, and they then "shun" me ... my only response for 99.9% of the people would be "Next!"

Ok So like me you don't care if someone identifies with "otherkin" real animals, imaginary animals (dragons, etc.), etc .

Now do you think because they identify as "otherkin" real animals, imaginary animals (dragons, etc.), etc , including male or female that they are in fact really what they identify as?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

My response about religious belief and science is related to this comment:

originally posted by: interupt42

Yes to SOME extent but not to the point it questions reality.

So, I disagree. I am "forced" daily to accept the identities of those that believe all sorts of absurd things that run contrary to known scientfic fact.

As to your question about parsing between physical reality and identity ... I can't provide a simple answer to your question.

edit on 8-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

My response about religious belief and science is related to this comment:

Still not seeing how you got that since I was replying to your comment "Aren't we all "forced to accept" the identities of others on a daily basis? " Which had no mention of religion nor did I take it as religious .

Irregardless, again So like me you don't care if someone identifies with "otherkin" real animals, imaginary animals (dragons, etc.), etc .

Now do you think because they identify as "otherkin" real animals, imaginary animals (dragons, etc.), etc , including male or female that they are in fact really what they identify as?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

As to your question about parsing between physical reality and identity ... I can't provide a simple answer to your question.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Its a simple question

Do you think a person that identifies as real animals, imaginary animals (dragons, etc.), etc . really what they identify as?

edit on 27630America/ChicagoFri, 08 Jun 2018 10:27:04 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Shunned how though?
Does your family and job and community turn their back on you or do people you don't know and who don't matter (all of us) make a comment in a thread?

That's not being shunned

So in reality nothing happens. You are not forced and not shunned.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

To shun a person is to avoid them or reject them.
Are you avoided or rejected by anyone cause of how you feel about an issue that has nothing to do with you?

I think not

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

yeah, for the most part the only shunning that happens is from people I wasn't interested in talking to anyway.

The only way to regain freedom to express yourself is to quit worrying what other people think.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

yeah, for the most part the only shunning that happens is from people I wasn't interested in talking to anyway.

The only way to regain freedom to express yourself is to quit worrying what other people think.

I'm with you.
I seriously anyone on here is shunned cause how they feel about this. I just don't see it

That said the more people that shun me the better

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join