It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan's Greatest Deception was to taint and change Christianity. Christ said few be saved.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritoftruth111

Behold thou is a minister of the Devil if be a preacher for any other church other than the only Church that is Gods which we again reveal is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

You've taken that scripture out of context. The minister of the Devil is any preacher teaching anything other than what Jesus Christ and his disciples taught about Jesus and the Kingdom of God, and I believe Joseph Smith falls into that category.

Jesus and his disciples made it clear that God's church is made up of BELIEVERS in Jesus Christ as the Son of the living God who came to die for our sins. It has nothing to do with a particular church and most certainly doesn't have anything to do with someone who has written their own scriptures. The Bible states clearly that anyone who tries to add or take away from the message of the Bible (by writing the Book of Mormon) based on what Jesus or his disciples taught, would pay a heavy price.

edit on 2-6-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I keep giving you the clear and simple truth and you keep rejecting it. You keep giving the proof from someone who died long ago whose prophecies did not come true. mit.irr.org...

Who is following a false prophet and denying the simple truth? It's not me.

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Mathew 7:15

If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed. Deuteronomy 18:22

Why does everyone ignore the many founders of religious movements whose prophecies never came true? The bible itself makes it clear that they are teachers of false religion.

edit on 2-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AbesOldHat

Then you claim is based on men's interpretation and not the word of God, using a private interpretation of the scripture which we are told not to do. . . . ye shall be as gods . . . Gen 3:5c

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

As long one turns to another for the truth, one will never know the truth for themself.
Only if they have the whole inerrant and preserved word of God, as found in the AKJV, as the final authority for their life and practice, can anyone saved or unsaved learn the truth.

Any other version will leave them dwarfed and sickly spiritually. For none of those versions are based on Gods power but on the whim of men claiming they know the Greek and Hebrew "originals" better than God can teach them in the whole, complete and preserved word of God as found in the AKJV.

Those supposed versions are based on the same Greek as the 1582 Jesuit Rhiems bible, when there never was a whole OT in Greek or a NT ever found, it doesn't exist, It is a fairy tale.

Follow men and you wont follow God, follow God and you wont follow men, Fear God and you wont fear men, fear men and you wont fear God.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

What word of God? Which Bible is the word of God today? The originals?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Behold thou is a minister of the Devil if be a preacher for any other church other than the only Church that is Gods which we again reveal is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

You've taken that scripture out of context. The minister of the Devil is any preacher teaching anything other than what Jesus Christ and his disciples taught about Jesus and the Kingdom of God, and I believe Joseph Smith falls into that category.

Jesus and his disciples made it clear that God's church is made up of BELIEVERS in Jesus Christ as the Son of the living God who came to die for our sins. It has nothing to do with a particular church and most certainly doesn't have anything to do with someone who has written their own scriptures. The Bible states clearly that anyone who tries to add or take away from the message of the Bible (by writing the Book of Mormon) based on what Jesus or his disciples taught, would pay a heavy price.

The same that is spoken by the LDS is the same that was said in the past by Christ and his disciples, of this generation therefore anyone not of the same doctrines as LDS speaks on behalf of Devil, for here be the error of many, authority to preach the Gospel must be granted by God, lest it be counted as iniquity and Devil uses them for his own purposes. Many have actually done great damage because created their own churches and ministry without authority, therefore they taught doctrines that endangered souls.

If thou thinks the bible is wholly correct and that people even interpret it correctly, ye are not discerning well. For many read bible yet they understand it not and remain in their sins calling themselves saved, thus shall it be in that day many is revealed they never knew Christ. If thou had known which spirit has been revealing these truths on this very forums ye might have been saved.
edit on 2-6-2018 by spiritoftruth111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

What word of God? Which Bible is the word of God today? The originals?

I speak on behalf of the Word of God and have revealed in this very thread many truths that if people listen they can still be saved, but if people ignore it and continue in their pride speaking against it they will learn the hard way, which is not my will but theirs since they choose to deny the truth. All things must be discerned including the scriptures, all truth is known in spirit and meaning of things is revealed in spirit as is anything altered not of God, many error as lack this ability and read with eyes of flesh.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

I keep giving you the clear and simple truth and you keep rejecting it. You keep giving the proof from someone who died long ago whose prophecies did not come true. mit.irr.org...

Who is following a false prophet and denying the simple truth? It's not me.

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Mathew 7:15

If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed. Deuteronomy 18:22

Why does everyone ignore the many founders of religious movements whose prophecies never came true? The bible itself makes it clear that they are teachers of false religion.

Judge not lest ye be judged. Joseph Smith was a real prophet of God and even Angel of the Lord sent with purpose to fulfil that lifetime mission. That which ye speak against him ye speak against the Godhead for doing so to a servant of God ye have done it also unto him.

For the burning sword hangs over the earth even now and is soon thrust and world shaketh and all who has rejected the truth and listened to lies, shall be bound in those lies, and upon that hour they will become accountable to their own sins, no longer shall the Son of man filter it for them, for the cup of iniquity is poured out upon the nations.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritoftruth111
Judge not lest ye be judged.

No, this quotation is not relevant.
The same Jesus who said "Do not judge" also warned his followers to be wary of false prophets.
The explanation is that identifying false prophets is not an act of "judging" but an act of "discernment" (between good and bad). We are not forbidden to exercise discernment- in fact we are positively commanded to do so, all the way through the Bible.
Therefore trotting out "Do not judge" is not an effective answer to criticism based on discernment.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=23455636]

Judge not lest ye be judged. Joseph Smith was a real prophet of God and even Angel of the Lord sent with purpose to fulfil that lifetime mission. That which ye speak against him ye speak against the Godhead for doing so to a servant of God ye have done it also unto him.

For the burning sword hangs over the earth even now and is soon thrust and world shaketh and all who has rejected the truth and listened to lies, shall be bound in those lies, and upon that hour they will become accountable to their own sins, no longer shall the Son of man filter it for them, for the cup of iniquity is poured out upon the nations.

I am not judging Joseph Smith. He may have had a vision and believed it was from God. He may have simply been a liar whose intent may have been good or bad.

But there is one truth. Once a man declares himself a prophet, then proclaims that he is speaking in the name of the lord when he prophesies, if the event does not come true we should hold that the man does not in fact speak on behalf of God.

This does not mean the prophet will never be wrong. A prophet is still just a man. There are instances in the NT where Paul himself says on certain subjects he is speaking his opinion and not the words of God.

But Joseph Smith made prophetic claims that failed to come true. So Joseph Smith can not be a real prophet of God. It is quite simple, I am using the bible to define the bible.

Does God forgive him for any mistakes and misdeeds he may have done? I don't know and neither do you. Neither can we know the fate of anyone but ourselves and it is arrogant and heretical for anyone to believe otherwise.

You do have one thing right however. When you realize that you have been following a lie, at that hour you will become accountable for your sins.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Judge not lest ye be judged.

No, this quotation is not relevant.
The same Jesus who said "Do not judge" also warned his followers to be wary of false prophets.
The explanation is that identifying false prophets is not an act of "judging" but an act of "discernment" (between good and bad). We are not forbidden to exercise discernment- in fact we are positively commanded to do so, all the way through the Bible.
Therefore trotting out "Do not judge" is not an effective answer to criticism based on discernment.

O fallen generation, unworthy creatures of the world how much longer must I tolerate ye. Behold know ye not this why it is said, for judgement of men is in error but the judgement that cometh by the Spirit of truth is truth. Therefore one should not judge but rather let the Spirit of truth aiding in discerning and let Judgement cometh only from God. How simply a lesson yet many comprehend it not, ye should all humble yourselves and listen to the Light.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

originally posted by: [post=23455636]

I am not judging Joseph Smith. He may have had a vision and believed it was from God. He may have simply been a liar whose intent may have been good or bad.

But there is one truth. Once a man declares himself a prophet, then proclaims that he is speaking in the name of the lord when he prophesies, if the event does not come true we should hold that the man does not in fact speak on behalf of God.

This does not mean the prophet will never be wrong. A prophet is still just a man. There are instances in the NT where Paul himself says on certain subjects he is speaking his opinion and not the words of God.

But Joseph Smith made prophetic claims that failed to come true. So Joseph Smith can not be a real prophet of God. It is quite simple, I am using the bible to define the bible.

Does God forgive him for any mistakes and misdeeds he may have done? I don't know and neither do you. Neither can we know the fate of anyone but ourselves and it is arrogant and heretical for anyone to believe otherwise.

You do have one thing right however. When you realize that you have been following a lie, at that hour you will become accountable for your sins.

Thou is making a judgement on him in what thou spoke earlier, whether realised it or not such came not by the Spirit of God and hence 'judge not lest ye be judged'. Men are imperfect but any true revelation given shall be fulfilled, and many of what Joseph Smith has spoken did come to pass, but many make error also in translating what he prophecy off. And the whole world knows hardly anything of the mystery's of God if anything at all. Yet in their pride they declare they understand all Gods working and remain blind in doing so.

If God was on earth now the world would reject him as they did in past, for they neither know the Son or the Father, only they who do would recognise them in any form or medium they came by, for all truth is known and felt in spirit and to know Christ is to know him in spirit, he could warn entire nations and they would reject him and could warn on forums and no one would know unless had the spirit of truth with them.

What we have revealed upon the forums is the truth, each soul must decide for itself if capable to align to the spirit of truth or not to recognise, for the Light came and the Darkness comprehended it not but all who did were saved.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I do not fear your judgment upon me for I have recieved plentiful promises directly from our father through his son.

You're so indoctrinated that you can't even speak modern english when describing your beliefs. I wish you well.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

So God offers himself up to himself because a woman made from a mans rib,who in turn was made from dirt ate an apple given to her by a talking snake.....and Im the unworthy creature?

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Thou is making a judgement...

If you're going to write in a pastiche of Biblical language, you should at least do it properly.
The correct form of the above would have been "Thou ART". Anyone with an ear who had listened to old-style readings from the Bible would have known that.
In a previous post, similarly, you wrote "Thou thinks", when the verb following "Thou" should have been "THINKEST".
In your response to me, "How long must I tolerate ye?"; but the equivalent expression in the gospel was "How long must I suffer YOU?". "Ye" was the nominative case, but "You" was the accusative case even then.

This is not just correction for the sake of correction. As Marshall McLuhan used to say, "The medium is the message". The style of your writing is giving away the nature of the content.
The language you are offering is not genuine Biblical language. It is a crude and inaccurate imitation of Biblical language.
As a result, every reader comes to this conclusion;
"The teaching you are offering is not genuine Biblical teaching. It is a crude and inaccurate imitation of Biblical teaching."

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

So God offers himself up to himself because a woman made from a mans rib,who in turn was made from dirt ate an apple given to her by a talking snake.....and Im the unworthy creature?

There is more to it all than mankind ever imagined, what if mankind were forever lost but a way was created to save them and change eternity, so they had a place in the kingdoms of the Eternal Light of God. What if only Christ was the real Son of the Most High God and that mankind are various intelligence's that got organised and given the gift of Light and Life, but each varies in it origin. That seeing the situation the Elohim said let us go down and save them, all who accept the truth let them become our children that they may grow and in eternity potentially become as we are. Perhaps even the LDS church doesn't know everything, but has a purpose important but it members take things out of context due to mortal weaknesses even pride, that doesn't change the purpose of the doctrines and covenants, each member must choose for itself if it heeds truth or not.

If mankind were once all destined to be children of darkness and suffer forever in hellish nightmare realms, then are they not unworthy since made those horrific choices of evil upon a timeline that had to be deleted by the real Light to offer a universe void of truth a chance to learn the truth and live in the Light of paradise and joy beyond this fallen place. It is in wisdom mankind doesn't know greater things they cant comprehend basics, if people believing they are children of God helps them to live righteously and become it so be it, but in all truth without Christ mankind are lost to the Abyss of Darkness forever.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Thou is making a judgement...

If you're going to write in a pastiche of Biblical language, you should at least do it properly.
The correct form of the above would have been "Thou ART". Anyone with an ear who had listened to old-style readings from the Bible would have known that.
In a previous post, similarly, you wrote "Thou thinks", when the verb following "Thou" should have been "THINKEST".
In your response to me, "How long must I tolerate ye?"; but the equivalent expression in the gospel was "How long must I suffer YOU?". "Ye" was the nominative case, but "You" was the accusative case even then.

This is not just correction for the sake of correction. As Marshall McLuhan used to say, "The medium is the message". The style of your writing is giving away the nature of the content.
The language you are offering is not genuine Biblical language. It is a crude and inaccurate imitation of Biblical language.
As a result, every reader comes to this conclusion;
"The teaching you are offering is not genuine Biblical teaching. It is a crude and inaccurate imitation of Biblical teaching."

It is done in way that those lost bound to the greater of Hell due to pride would look upon it with mans eyes of flesh and judge the context it is structured in, in hope that when they do so they wake up and can be saved. But to those who can heed the light it is done so their spirit recognises and has purpose in how it is worded, mixing of different times languages is with purpose and is done with greater view in mind.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

edit on 3-6-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This is one of the best scriptures to aid souls to reach what they must so we can adopt them in time.

1 And now, it came to pass that when king Benjamin had made an end of speaking the words which had been delivered unto him by the angel of the Lord, that he cast his eyes round about on the multitude, and behold they had fallen to the earth, for the fear of the Lord had come upon them.

2 And they had viewed themselves in their own carnal state, even less than the dust of the earth. And they all cried aloud with one voice, saying: O have mercy, and apply the atoning blood of Christ that we may receive forgiveness of our sins, and our hearts may be purified; for we believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who created heaven and earth, and all things; who shall come down among the children of men.

3 And it came to pass that after they had spoken these words the Spirit of the Lord came upon them, and they were filled with joy, having received a remission of their sins, and having peace of conscience, because of the exceeding faith which they had in Jesus Christ who should come, according to the words which king Benjamin had spoken unto them.

4 And king Benjamin again opened his mouth and began to speak unto them, saying: My friends and my brethren, my kindred and my people, I would again call your attention, that ye may hear and understand the remainder of my words which I shall speak unto you.

5 For behold, if the knowledge of the goodness of God at this time has awakened you to a sense of your nothingness, and your worthless and fallen state—

6 I say unto you, if ye have come to a knowledge of the goodness of God, and his matchless power, and his wisdom, and his patience, and his long-suffering towards the children of men; and also, the atonement which has been prepared from the foundation of the world, that thereby salvation might come to him that should put his trust in the Lord, and should be diligent in keeping his commandments, and continue in the faith even unto the end of his life, I mean the life of the mortal body—

7 I say, that this is the man who receiveth salvation, through the atonement which was prepared from the foundation of the world for all mankind, which ever were since the fall of Adam, or who are, or who ever shall be, even unto the end of the world.

8 And this is the means whereby salvation cometh. And there is none other salvation save this which hath been spoken of; neither are there any conditions whereby man can be saved except the conditions which I have told you.

9 Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.

10 And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things see that ye do them.

11 And again I say unto you as I have said before, that as ye have come to the knowledge of the glory of God, or if ye have known of his goodness and have tasted of his love, and have received a remission of your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy in your souls, even so I would that ye should remember, and always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own nothingness, and his goodness and long-suffering towards you, unworthy creatures, and humble yourselves even in the depths of humility, calling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing steadfastly in the faith of that which is to come, which was spoken by the mouth of the angel.

12 And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the love of God, and always retain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in the knowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true.

13 And ye will not have a mind to injure one another, but to live peaceably, and to render to every man according to that which is his due.

14 And ye will not suffer your children that they go hungry, or naked; neither will ye suffer that they transgress the laws of God, and fight and quarrel one with another, and serve the devil, who is the master of sin, or who is the evil spirit which hath been spoken of by our fathers, he being an enemy to all righteousness.

15 But ye will teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another.

16 And also, ye yourselves will succor those that stand in need of your succor; ye will administer of your substance unto him that standeth in need; and ye will not suffer that the beggar putteth up his petition to you in vain, and turn him out to perish.

17 Perhaps thou shalt say: The man has brought upon himself his misery; therefore I will stay my hand, and will not give unto him of my food, nor impart unto him of my substance that he may not suffer, for his punishments are just—

18 But I say unto you, O man, whosoever doeth this the same hath great cause to repent; and except he repenteth of that which he hath done he perisheth forever, and hath no interest in the kingdom of God.

19 For behold, are we not all beggars? Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have, for both food and raiment, and for gold, and for silver, and for all the riches which we have of every kind?

20 And behold, even at this time, ye have been calling on his name, and begging for a remission of your sins. And has he suffered that ye have begged in vain? Nay; he has poured out his Spirit upon you, and has caused that your hearts should be filled with joy, and has caused that your mouths should be stopped that ye could not find utterance, so exceedingly great was your joy.

21 And now, if God, who has created you, on whom you are dependent for your lives and for all that ye have and are, doth grant unto you whatsoever ye ask that is right, in faith, believing that ye shall receive, O then, how ye ought to impart of the substance that ye have one to another.

22 And if ye judge the man who putteth up his petition to you for your substance that he perish not, and condemn him, how much more just will be your condemnation for withholding your substance, which doth not belong to you but to God, to whom also your life belongeth; and yet ye put up no petition, nor repent of the thing which thou hast done.

23 I say unto you, wo be unto that man, for his substance shall perish with him; and now, I say these things unto those who are rich as pertaining to the things of this world.

24 And again, I say unto the poor, ye who have not and yet have sufficient, that ye remain from day to day; I mean all you who deny the beggar, because ye have not; I would that ye say in your hearts that: I give not because I have not, but if I had I would give.

25 And now, if ye say this in your hearts ye remain guiltless, otherwise ye are condemned; and your condemnation is just for ye covet that which ye have not received.

to continue

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
26 And now, for the sake of these things which I have spoken unto you—that is, for the sake of retaining a remission of your sins from day to day, that ye may walk guiltless before God—I would that ye should impart of your substance to the poor, every man according to that which he hath, such as feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, visiting the sick and administering to their relief, both spiritually and temporally, according to their wants.

27 And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order.

28 And I would that ye should remember, that whosoever among you borroweth of his neighbor should return the thing that he borroweth, according as he doth agree, or else thou shalt commit sin; and perhaps thou shalt cause thy neighbor to commit sin also.

29 And finally, I cannot tell you all the things whereby ye may commit sin; for there are divers ways and means, even so many that I cannot number them.

30 But this much I can tell you, that if ye do not watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish. And now, O man, remember, and perish not.

Anyone who obtains the same as this man who spoke this achieved in humility the same shall be given understandings of greater mystery's of God, for behold they have being a adult become as little children in humility and seen their true state and have called on God even the Son and Father for forgiveness in true remorse and humility and the spirit has given them the comfort of the salvation.
edit on 3-6-2018 by spiritoftruth111 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join