It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MGTOW - Men Going Their Own Way, Thanks Feminism

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This thread truly is cracking me up!
I don't know any of these people and my anecdotal situations only prove that more and more.
Men going their own way, aren't we all going our own way?
I may end up alone in my life (plus my children), but there are many worse things than that, I rather like my own company.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

yeah but socially speaking this is going to have devastating consequences on the next generation I think we need to start talking about interpersonal relationships from this context more

have you ever sat down and read letter written between couples during ww2?

yeah I'm not sure if everyone became mentally retarded or not but it's like a whole different level than what we experience now

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This ones not funny, but very interesting. It’s a debate on tv about who should pay on a date.

youtu.be...

Additionally, I haven’t found the funniest ones yet. Like I said, it’s been a couple years.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

If you are posting a video off of youtube, you select the youtube icon above the posting window and then just enter the text after the = sign:

www.youtube.com... .... so for this one you would click the youtube button and post rksKvZoUCPQ.

Example:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

From some of the married men I talk to they say the worst loneliness is the complete feeling of isolation while you are laying in bed next to your mate. I don't think single loneliness holds a candle to couple loneliness.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
So you want me to spell it out. That’s fine, I have nothing to hide. Well, technically I only have two kids, but my ex constituted a third. I worked my ass off to support them (wife did not work), did all the cooking, did all the cleaning, supported them mentally and emotionally, played with them, coached their basketball and football teams and was the main disciplinarian. When I got home from work, the ex was out the door to go clubbing and spend all our money. She wouldn’t come home sometimes for 3 days in a row (this happened a lot) Obviously, years later I found out she wasn’t just clubbing, she was sleeping around (A LOT) including having a full blown relationship with my best friend. I don’t claim to be a perfect father. Could I have done better — yes. But I was a far better parent than their mom. Now she is all they have the majority of the year. She makes all the decisions now. And this person is not fit to do so. Lives in a narcissistic fairy tale fantasy land. All this aside and as I previously mentioned, I never sought sole custody. I knew that children need both parents. My parents didn’t split until I was 21 and out of the house. I was still devastated. But at least I had both there growing up for that balance that every kid needs. Even if that means separate households with both parents actively in the kids lives.

Cool, so you don't actually know you were a good father. You believe yourself to have been a good father, and because you saw yourself 100% of the time, and your spouse only a small percent of the time, you believe her to have been a bad mother.

You don't actually have any proof of either. Courts work on evidence and you're bringing none to the table, just your personal beliefs.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Truly my opinion is that if I asked you out, then I pay or we decide ahead of time...

why is who is paying even still a thing? Both people work...I don't get it...

Yes, I'm dumb-ish

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I agree with you. However, what if the girl asked you out? Would you expect her to pay? Would she feel obligated to pay?

This topic really isn’t my concern. I make enough money to pay. I just think it would be nice if it wasn’t expected. I just posted the video because I came across it after the subject was previously talked about here.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

What type of proof could I possibly give you? Yeah, im going to post personal information in an Internet forum. I’m done with your insults. Sometimes people are good. You don’t have to assume the worst.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I didn't expect you to post personal information. I asked what sorts of evidence you had to back up your claim. You gave examples of things you did, but you never proved that those things actually made you a good father. Most of them sounded pretty average to me, and good implies above average.

Maybe you're right that your wife was a bad mother. Maybe you were bad and she was worse? That would still fit the narrative that you were a better parent than her.

I'm far from assuming the worst too, I just think it's a typical case where people over inflate their own contribution and minimize others, which is very common. As someone who habitually does the exact opposite, to the point that I'm convinced I'm horrible at everything I do, and that others cover for me, I like to challenge the established notion because it's so different to how I percieve the world.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: KKLOCO
The judicial systems have been screwing fathers for decades.

Tell ya what -- when Paternity DNA testing becomes mandatory and child support becomes mandatory (without excuses) -- let me know.

Men may not always get a fair deal in court (although that is changing) -- but, it doesn't even come close to "sperm donors" skipping out.

?

In the U.S even with unemployment you can't avoid child support, iirc, you're sent to jail for not paying even if unemployed. DNA testing would help fathers know the kid is theirs, but in some European countries it is illegal to dna test. I've also heard that being a father figure to a step-child can make you liable for child support under some circumstances.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

I think Annee is referring to this:

About 60% of single mothers in the US live in poverty. Only 29% of single mothers ever received child support, and the average per month received by these mothers was $432.

Single parents worldwide: Statistics and trends

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33
"Involuntary Celibicy"?? No it's completely voluntary. That's a really dumb phrase.

If someone is so involuntarily celibate maybe they should

Lower their standards a little bit...if you're a 4 good luck chasing 9s and 10s...you're striking out. There will always be options beneath your station in life.

Work to improve yourself/have some worth...hit the gym and get the bank account up. Personally I would hate to be an ugly rich guy, you would know any legit interest from hot women would not be because they are really attracted to you...but boo hoo wipe your tears with $100 bills.

Failing those pay some gal who expects as much...and there's where it pays to be the guy with a bank account because girls who charge $10 will not be playboy playmates.

So there is nothing involuntary about it...if you're worth nothing those are the girls you will get. But you have to voluntarily bang them.

This video talks of the issue of incels, which to repeat are a different group from MGTOW.

While incels are individuals that tend to fail to get into a relationship despite great effort, and may not necessarily seek sex but instead simple companionship, MGTOW are men who focus on themselves, their happiness and self improve while avoiding marriage and cohabitation but not necessarily sex.

There is a chart showing that women were attracted to the top 20% of males and found 80% as looking below average, that is attractiveness. We also know that the power laws, mean that in terms of wealth it is also only a minority that lies at the top with concentrated wealth.

If someone looks disfigured or has a severe disability and has low income, most women wouldn't mind a lack of attention from such, in fact most would probably appreciate a lack of attention from such. But if you have an attractive Doctor, a High Executive, Lawyer, etc, a multimillionaire and they decide they won't marry or cohabitate but will only engage in relationship without risking their assets, that is they go their own way, that is a whole nother ball game.

That means these high sexual market value individuals are essentially off the sexual marketplace in terms of commitment, and as said those at the top are few. What this does is that by making even rarer individuals at the top, those who don't go their own way are even more valuable in the sexual marketplace and such will affect behavior as you have to do more because of such.
edit on 31-5-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Xenogears

I think Annee is referring to this:

About 60% of single mothers in the US live in poverty. Only 29% of single mothers ever received child support, and the average per month received by these mothers was $432.

Single parents worldwide: Statistics and trends

Then those fathers either fled from the U.S. or are in jail.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
duplicate woops
edit on 31-5-2018 by Mishmashum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
double post my bad
edit on 31-5-2018 by Mishmashum because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join