It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MGTOW - Men Going Their Own Way, Thanks Feminism

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I totally agree. That’s why some of the older folks here submitting their input can be irrelevant. There is no point of reference because it’s not the world they grew up in and many will never have to deal with it. I’m not saying everyone, though. Plenty of generations before us have experienced situations as bad as mine. The judicial systems have been screwing fathers for decades.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: KKLOCO

I think the world has changed so drastically in yhe last 2 generations that the current world younger people are facing is Unrelateable to the older generations

Not in my world.
My son is in the same scene/lifestyle/culture as I am...I often smile talking with my mates how cool it is the next generation have picked up the flag.
We all agree.

Where the hell do you live? I’m moving there!

If this is a USA thing, I want out!
edit on 31-5-2018 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Lol, a beautiful part of the SW English coast, with beaches, 200+ year old stone 'Smugglers steps', a good underground music and activist scene...and strong women who play us blokes as they should, it is a loving/lust honest game of gender expectations, probably totally sexist, but we don't care in these parts, it is what it is...and it works well.

EDIT
I have mentioned I have a twin sister, and all my life I have always been glad I was the boy, because my life has been so much easier dealing with blokes than hers...but I learn't the female networking thing well, they have more power than men as an organised force for sure. Stupid blokes who are easily manipulated, and don't talk/gossip to each other like women do.
I am pleased I am in the girl-world with my love of sparkly things, but feel like a spy sometimes when I hear things about bloke mates lol
edit on 31-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
The judicial systems have been screwing fathers for decades.

Tell ya what -- when Paternity DNA testing becomes mandatory and child support becomes mandatory (without excuses) -- let me know.

Men may not always get a fair deal in court (although that is changing) -- but, it doesn't even come close to "sperm donors" skipping out.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

So with men accepting this responsibility, we will also have a say in whether the baby will be born, right?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

In Britain "I don't know who the father is" is common, because then they get their rent paid, cash benefits, no municipal taxes, etc, and the bonus of financial support arranged privately with the father, and not declared to the government because it would reduce their benefits.
It's pretty common...it is another game to be honest.

EDIT
...and it may seem flippant for me to casually talk about people frauding the system but I don't really care, it's small fry compared to bank fraud and tax evasion. Besides, I wouldn't grass someone up who ain't harming me, just getting through life bull#ting the Crown.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

If someone doesn’t want to be a father, that is their right. Having a child should be a consensual agreement between both parties.

I wanted to be a father and it was taken away from me (for not good reasons). That is my beef.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

So with men accepting this responsibility, we will also have a say in whether the baby will be born, right?
I hope not. It should always be the woman's choice in my opinion.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I think its a US/ UK issue at its worst and I find Asian cultures and others to have way better interpersonal relations

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

My part of the UK is fine with male/female relations fella.
I bet if I googled it now there is a sole group of Incel blokes working somewhere in Bodmin moor or whatever!
It may be a big city thing, and a thing on the internet, but I don't recognise that world.

EDIT
I searched both Incel and MGTOW in my area, nothing, so it seems an internet thing whining about women to me.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

You see it as whining. I see it as them changing their perceptions. Right or wrong, who knows. But it will be something new. I wonder where it will end?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Honestly, it appears that much of how you would describe yourself is very MGTOW-ish. Its just accepted and supported by your community.

Given that, I'm not surprised you didn't find anything in your area.

Again, at least in comparison to where I've been, what you describe is unique. Trying to base judgments on your community/area is problematic because of that, and probably not limited to this topic either.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I'm sure there is but I just notice with couples from other countries and couples from Asian countries or traditionally Asian have stronger families than western cultures

We are way more fragmented / atomized

This goes with Latino cultures as well I think they stick together better on average
edit on 31-5-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Fair enough, I only post on ATS same as if I was in a flowing conversation in the pub with a smile.
It's far from MGTOW in my world, we work with our powerful women, they are the glue holding psycho blokes together and stopping X bloke getting buried up the moors lol. They control the powerful or useful men, old school concept I know, but true.
...I'm happy with it, I don't want a PC world, just one where blokes and girls know each others gender differences and don't try to morph it into something agendered...if that is a word lol

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Ah yes, I see what you mean, it's like my parts, the far south west arse of England, we are as forgotten about as people outside of the South east of england, London, Surrey etc.
We are more tribal in my parts, the least resourced police area in England, and the biggest geographically, funding based on winter non tourist population.
It really is a different world here, society, culture, music, and love for tribe.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

as an American I most closely relate what's going on in the UK with London but that's due to ignorance

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I understand mate
Anything outside of that #hole is massively different, and for about 3 quarters of the UK population it is like my world, chilled, with decent strong women who don't think you are a rapist for smiling at them or whatever lol

EDIT
I was in an elevator with a woman in a shady multi story car park earlier and we chatted naturaly, chicks are great here.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

It's far from MGTOW in my world

I know it is, that's why I said what I did.
Its all just "normal" to you. From what I've seen, many MGTOW's are looking for what you already have. Incel seems a whole different can of worms, regardless of how readily its all conflated.

I think its also important to note that any modern social group tends to be solely defined and perceived according to the most vocal individuals, which rarely are representative or accurate. That rule of thumb pretty much works across the board too, but we tend to buy into it when its a group we are "against." Perhaps a totally different discussion there though.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Yep fair one, it is 'normal' to me, and my world is different to many other parts of Britain even, I'll admit that.
People are happy to be promiscuous here (on the sly of course) discretion lol, it is a tourist summer place, and recreational drugs, music, illegal rave/party scene is strong.
I can't imagine living in some #hole estate in a city, not meeting/knowing/having girl friends.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
LOL all these "Movements" Do nothing but separate us more. BLM, SJW's, Feminism and now This silly MGTOW.

People think what they are doing is helping but all it really does it make things worse.

It actually saddens me how bad out society has become.

The problem is people want instant gratification and at are impatient. They want things NOW. Too lazy to put in the effort to get/find what they want.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join