It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MGTOW - Men Going Their Own Way, Thanks Feminism

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The problem is, it sets up a pattern of expectation. If you come in throwing your money around, that will be the expectation moving forward. I was on a tour last week, it was a bachelorette party. One of the girls was talking about how her boyfriend recently bought her expensive diamond earrings. Was she happy? No, she was pissed off that it wasn’t an engagement ring. I’ve got hundreds of similar stories.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

If woman want to be special, then they can't be equal.

They can pick one, or step aside. Long line of younger models right behind them.

Expecting men to be traditional in relation starting, but modern in relation building is assinine. You literally have to have mental hold backs to not see the logical fallacy in it.

If women want to be equal, be equal. Woman up and initiate.

As for why your specific group...not all of us can live with our head in the sand. You want independent women? You get them the same way you get independent men. You force them to step up and initiate. You force them to do exactly what they expect from others.
edit on 31-5-2018 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

The problem is, it sets up a pattern of expectation. If you come in throwing your money around, that will be the expectation moving forward. I was on a tour last week, it was a bachelorette party. One of the girls was talking about how her boyfriend recently bought her expensive diamond earrings. Was she happy? No, she was pissed off that it wasn’t an engagement ring. I’ve got hundreds of similar stories.

We are genetic animals.

Look at the non-human animal world. The male has the bright colors, etc to woo the female.

A few drinks at a bar is not expensive diamond earrings.

Your man sounds desperate.

I don't know what kind of people you run with.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Environment is highly likely to be a big factor in how most of us "turn out."

I mean, surely you must have figured out by now that your community is unique. Right? I'd say its more common over the pond there, but that might very well be a misconception shaped by shows, etc.

The places I've lived pretty much spread the gamut of available types, and the type of environment you describe is certainly not the norm. That includes everything from small towns, minuscule mountain communities, suburbs, big cities.. The closest I've found was the ghetto, but there was also the continuous, imminent threat of violence (and I don't mean basic fist fights). That tends to put a bit of a damper on things.

Definitely appreciate that place. I'm sure its not without its issues, but it sounds unique in some pretty great ways.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

This is the fault of men. Because they are so impatient and horny, they never give the women the opportunity. So women don’t need to. Even if 50% of the guys in the room have your viewpoint — not buying anything for them, there is still the other desperate 50% that is willing. Men have helped pave the way for the philosophy of women to want to be pampered. It would be nice to see more aggressive women. But we as a species have enabled them to not have to be. Women want to be wanted and sought after, so do men. Unfortunately, men have to work for it, women usually don’t.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Haha behave, our women are fiercly independent, this is a place of activists, civil disobedience, love, parties and mutual respect. But...women blagging drinks off blokes is just the way it is if you want the booty, no blokes bitch about it here, and I'm surprised you are, seems a lame thing to moan about.
It's a game in club/bar/party land, just a game, and I love playing it.

I've often said "No, buy me a drink, I reckon I'm worth it" with a cheeky smile and a wink, when I thought I would pull it off...just a game.

EDIT
If you fall into a relationship though the norm is that nights out are then jointly funded as a team however it works.
Girls rinsing guys on a first one night stand or even an old flame night though is well acceptable with guys here...I actually love being rinsed by old flames, we both know the exchange...the game, with a prize for both of us.
edit on 31-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

This was at work I heard this. Not my friends.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

If woman want to be special, then they can't be equal.

Equal in intelligence, career, pay, respect, etc. - - not special.

I'm still a woman. There is a genetic difference.

ALL people/genders have been taken by manipulators - - - manipulators are not gender specific - - - they're simply manipulators.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Again, you all are going after the wrong people. You dudes seem like you have issues of entitlement and also date women with issues of entitlement. Everyone isn't the same. I've gone on dates with women that were very thankful about me buying them a drink or coffee or whatever and even said "I'll get the next round" or "I'll get drinks next time". And they do (even if I do the right thing and try not to let them). And I thank them back. Be nice and respectful & people are nice & respectful back.

And if they aren't, don't bother. But don't be an ass about it. Just don't go down that path.

It feels good to give to someone that truly appreciates it, and then to receive. In every aspect of this whole dating/relationship/love/marriage scene the give/take is the best part about it. Again, it really seems like you all are hung up on the wrong type of people.
edit on 31-5-2018 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Again agreed

Hiding in moms basement playing video games and whining about women won't help though, that's for sure.

Why?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

This was at work I heard this. Not my friends.

Guess the guy should get to know her better.

What "head" is he thinking with?

“I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn't.” Marilyn Monroe

edit on 31-5-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

What?
It's hardly gonna increase the chances of, what is it, ah yes Incel's, to get laid just whining to mates online from their moms basement, is it?
They should hook up, do stuff where they meet people who like similar local live bands or whatever activity they are into. But no, whining from moms basement will change nothing. I actually feel a bit saddened that 'Incel' is a thing, how bleak it must be to identify as that.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Again, you all are going after the wrong people. You dudes seem like you have issues of entitlement and also date women with issues of entitlement. Everyone isn't the same. I've gone on dates with women that were very thankful about me buying them a drink or coffee or whatever and even said "I'll get the next round" or "I'll get drinks next time". And they do (even if I do the right thing and try not to let them). And I thank them back. Be nice and respectful & people are nice & respectful back.

And if they aren't, don't bother. But don't be an ass about it. Just don't go down that path.

It feels good to give to someone that truly appreciates it, and then to receive. In every aspect of this whole dating/relationship/love/marriage scene the give/take is the best part about it. Again, it really seems like you all are hung up on the wrong type of people.

YES!

I don't buy men drinks at bars.

But, if we agree to meet for breakfast after meeting - - I buy my own breakfast.

The point is to start the relationship out on equal footing.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

What prevents you from buying his breakfast? After all, he bought your drinks the previous night.

A woman who is not only willing to pay for herself, but also drop for the guy — is a huge turn on for men. It doesn’t mean we will accept it and take advantage of it. It means that you understand the value of money and you don’t expect to be pampered.
edit on 31-5-2018 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I often see people posting from the perspective of a world they want to exist rather than reality

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Most of you people have no clue. You wander around, stabbing blindly at the subject. You are living in the world that is evolving. You grasp at what has been and refuse to look at what this movement is about. Very nice. Because as time goes along, this may just continue to grow. Keep on with your prejudices. Keep on with the closed mind unwilling to look at what this is.

How do you change the world? You don't do it by lobbying for new regulations and laws. You don't do it by screaming at the sky, that is for the MRAs. You do it through yourself. You change your wants and desires. You change the rules for what will allow you to accept the harness of a relationship. Those rules are changing. They aren't changing through regulation. They are changing by one person at a time and from everything I have witnessed, this movement isn't going away.

There will always be those that will resist this movement. There will always be those who try and live in the past. I kind of feel sorry for them, but not by much.

That you feel the need to belittle the people in this movement makes me smile. That you feel the need to condemn the lifestyle of these basement dwellers gives me hope. They are having an effect or this thread would have died by page 1.

But you refuse to truly look at the cause. They no longer care about your opinions. The greatest error is believing they still care about hooking up. They aren't screaming at the sky in frustration. They are just changing their habits and checking out.

I wonder how the property value will be impacted for the boomers that no longer have hungry droves of first time buyers for their assets? I wonder what happens to people dependent on a consumer civilization that suddenly is confronted with a mass of loafers? What happens when sex no longer sells?

These are the courageous that will change this society.

Glorious.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Star for your story, but I've only ever met girls I've had relationships with in bars/clubs/beach parties/illegal raves/music festivals. All still deeply loved friends after beautiful time as couples together.
I'm single with many other female friends (all met in the same scenes) and 'intimate' with many after we share a bottle of wine, so I just don't chase a relationship, I love the pseudo relationship arrangement.
Of course, if someone I meet has my wow factor I'm open to change lol, but my female friends, oh gosh, I'd die emotionally without them.

EDIT
For the record, I have many dodgy as # male mates I'll leave at that, they just think I'm a bit gay, but I bring their feminine side out as well...how it should be.

edit on 31-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I often see people posting from the perspective of a world they want to exist rather than reality

I want a money tree in my world. Where the hell is it damnit!

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I think the world has changed so drastically in yhe last 2 generations that the current world younger people are facing is Unrelateable to the older generations

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: KKLOCO

I think the world has changed so drastically in yhe last 2 generations that the current world younger people are facing is Unrelateable to the older generations

Not in my world.
My son is in the same scene/lifestyle/culture as I am...I often smile talking with my mates how cool it is the next generation have picked up the flag.
We all agree.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join