It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MGTOW - Men Going Their Own Way, Thanks Feminism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I came across the MTGOW movement watching an incel video on Youtube, now I get these damn videos recommended to me all the time, although I did find one pretty hilarious channel on there now so there's that.

Let me start by saying that I would be considered a Chad by the incel community. I'm a former professional athlete and very good looking. I'm not trying to brag but I'm just giving some context for later in the OP.

MGTOW mean - Men Going Their Own way

Wiki on it

Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW /ˈmɪɡtaʊ/) is a mostly pseudonymous online community[2][3] of men supported by websites and social media presences[4] cautioning men against serious romantic relationships with women, especially marriage.[5][6] The community is part of what is more broadly termed the manosphere.[7] MGTOW have "...vowed to stay away from women, stop dating and not have children".[8] MGTOW focus on men's self-ownership rather than changing the status quo through activism and protest, making MGTOW distinct from the men's rights movement.[9]

This is a brief synopsis of the "movement".

According to the columnist Martin Daubney, members of the MGTOW community believe that legal and romantic entanglements with women fail a cost–benefit analysis and risk–benefit analysis.[14] Jeremy Nicholson, writing for Psychology Today, similarly described MGTOW as "guys who have been frustrated and punished to the point that they see no further incentive to relate [to dating] [...], they focus on making themselves happy".[15]

I totally agree with this assertion. Every man I know at my age (33) that has been married or had a child has had their lives ripped apart. Literally every one of them. I've lost several friends to super controlling wives as well. Everyone else I know has either been totally axed out of their children's life or had their lives destroyed through alimony and child support. I believe in child support but the way the court system works it can totally screw you out of your job.

Now here is a channel I discovered the other day while looking into all this. It's pretty funny actually, I don't really totally agree with everything he has to say but I find it funny. If you don't have a sense of humor or are a 3rd wave feminist/ SJW don't watch those video's without your blankie or away from your cry closet.

Now, let me relay my dating experience as an older Millennial.

First off, you can't trust a single person on this planet. I'm scared to death of having a kid in today's world. There no more traditional family values, no loyalty, no trust and no commitment. I've had women try to get pregnant with me just for my genes having nothing to do with a relationship and a family. Just wanting to get my genes in their kids so they can have a good looking athletic kid.

That's not even a joke. I find it disgusting. Major turn off.

Secondly I'm scared to death of not being able to raise my kid and have my life ruined by the court system. A buddy of mine has an insane crazy person as an ex wife he has to pay for and has to raise his son living with his parents because he can't afford to support himself anymore with all the payments for everything. Total disgrace, he's a good father too. That's not it either, the mother goes out of her way file false reports with child care that force him to have to go take a pee test every single time she files a report that he's using drugs. That means he is risking losing his job to show up and pass a drug test every few days.

That's not it either. I can't tell you how many women have multiple kids and some of them multiple men. I go for women between the ages of 25 - 36, 37. Older women yea expect them to have kids I get it the clock is ticking it make sense and I can understand mom's not wanting to miss that clock it totally makes sense.

I would also like to point out that I have a few friends, 4-5 people that are really really good guys, I mean the type of guys who would make great fathers and family men. They may as well join the incel community. I don't consider myself as part of this group because I have a loud boisterous alpha male personality and just don't fit into the traditional nice guy stereotype like these friends I'm speaking of. These guys NEVER meet women, haven't had girlfriends in years. I don't get it. When I hear women talking about, "where have all the good guys gone?" I kinda want give them one of their numbers and say, "see how many sentences you listen to before ghosting them".

What scares me though is how little I talk to these women and the men are fathering their children. Don't get me wrong a good % of these men are total losers who are incapable of fathering their children. Total losers. But that then leads me to the questions of what was their motivation for having kids with these losers in the first place???

So anyway I decided to take a break from the dating scene for a while because I'm just to busy with school and work and I plan on moving in 8 months. I'm also scared to death of accidentally getting a woman pregnant.

I don't think this is entirely women's fault either, I think that our culture is producing this paradigm.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I've been married for over decade to a wonderful woman. She's the best thing to happen to me.

Incel's are jealous little bitches [snipped]

There are some shady women out there for sure, but if you can't find a good one then you need to realize that you're the common denominator between all of em.

You'd be surprised at the amount of boys out here sticking their chest's out pretending to be men that wouldn't know how to treat a woman if their lives depended on it.

edit on Tue May 29 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

I've been married for over decade to a wonderful woman. She's the best thing to happen to me.

I'm happy for you, although you don't represent the rule, more the outlier. I do know a few happy couples but it's a less prevalent then I would have imagined it was maybe 20-30 years ago.

Source

Today 1 in 4 children under the age of 18 — a total of about 17.2 million — are being raised without a father.3

You're situation is no longer common and no it's not because of a bunch of losers who can't get pussy. That's what I would consider a very immature perspective on what's wrong with our culture. There's something deeply wrong with the stat I provided above.

You'd be surprised at the amount of boys out here sticking their chest's out pretending to be men that wouldn't know how to treat a woman if their lives depended on it.

Yeah sure.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I've been doing this for a while now. It's not really a movement thing for me, just common sense.

I've had a woman try to tell me I got them pregnant (when I am sterile.)

I've had a few dates with a woman who had like 5 kids between 2 guys and she tried to make me feel like a loser the whole time. I never passed judgement on her.

There's too much BS manipulation, lies, and secrets in today's world and it all comes down to money. I want no part of the psychopathy.

I'm happy being an escapism manchild til the day I die. Drink full, lads

edit on 29-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Today 1 in 4 children under the age of 18 — a total of about 17.2 million — are being raised without a father

so where's daddy?
I mean, you can't blame feminism for all 17.2 million of them.
how many aren't in the picture because they choose not to be in the picture? how many are in jails? died before their time? if I were to guess, I'd say that around half of those children don't have a father around because of some decision or action that the father made.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

What scares me though is how little I talk to these women and the men are fathering their children. Don't get me wrong a good % of these men are total losers who are incapable of fathering their children. Total losers. But that then leads me to the questions of what was their motivation for having kids with these losers in the first place???

First off, I'd like to say it's nice to see you posting, haven't read one of your post in a while.

Secondly...

You may have missed this part of my OP.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

There's too much BS manipulation, lies, and secrets in today's world and it all comes down to money.

I've been brutalized in long term relationships as well. I will say though I have met some decent chicks but it's really fricken risky.

Risk factor in today's world is very high. Unwarranted advances are now seen as rapey and that's scary as well.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I think I've met less than a handful of decent people in my whole life--family included.

As for 'chicks,' any dating or relationship was always just about how much money I can give, how many favors I can go do, how gullible I am, how much advantage can be taken of me.

Once I tell them the well is dry, poof they gone

I'm not one of those 'good guys.' I'm not just going to hand over my funds for someone else's irresponsible lifestyle anymore. Get yourself another fool, ladies.

Better some other guy than me. Watch out dudebros!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Oh trust me I've met plenty of neanderthal men who are totally immoral

it goes both ways it's an overall cultural issue

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Oh trust me I've met plenty of neanderthal men who are totally immoral

it goes both ways it's an overall cultural issue

Agreed. The difference being that I don't want to date men so I don't care as much if they're horrible people.

I just hermit it up now. I have no interest in humanitys' social implosion.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

You seem to like yourself a lot... maybe you are made for each other?

Men and women both have unreasonable expectations these days. Maybe you’re not as hot stuff as you think you are and just need to lower your standards. Maybe the women out there need to do the same.

Maybe everyone is just crazy who knows. Like I tell me friends... all men are assholes and all women are crazy. You just have to find your crazy asshole is all.

edit on 29-5-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I think now may be one of the hardest times in human history for an honest good person

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I’m not familiar, what is an incel, and what is a chad?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

All names created by guys online for people they dislike and they blame for not getting laid all their lives.

Basically everyone online thinks they are models and deserve such. When they don’t get the models they go after they make up names to insult them like “Chad” and “stacy’s“ .

Incels are the nerds chads and Stacy’s don’t have sex with.

But now instead of those nerds just dating other nerds they get mad and shoot up shcools when the models don’t date them.

Wait till you hear about roasties... mind blowing

edit on 29-5-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Your narcissism illustrates why traditional relationships aren't working anymore.

Ego.

You have to set it aside to make a relationship work. Neither men nor women can do that anymore. Our culture has trained both sexes to want everything for themselves. Selfishness.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Your narcissism illustrates why traditional relationships aren't working anymore.

Ego.

You have to set it aside to make a relationship work. Neither men nor women can do that anymore. Our culture has trained both sexes to want everything for themselves. Selfishness.

Exactly.... OP literally starts out with his attractive he is. And then proceeds to say even he can’t get good girls.

OP is mostly likely king of “incels” yet thinks he’s a athlete model.

Pro tip= even if the OP is a model he is a incel....

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

triggered so easily, sorry I no blankets or safe spaces here....

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

incel stands for involuntary celibate, like the van driver in Toronto

oh edit to add, from what I can gather the Incel community is different than the MTGOW community, all the videos I've seen from MTGOW people are guys with families, divorced

incels are usually a lot younger from what I can see
edit on 29-5-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I will admit I admit I am fearful for the future of my young grandsons. I always have been for self responsibility and would rather do it myself. Not feminist, but simply realized life sucks. Accepting my own responsibility in any relationship and will walk away and deal with life. Trust me it is tough.

it is frustrating listening to all the horror stories from my families male friends about females! not meaning to brag, but my husband does brag and his male friends and co workers seem to idolize me. It is actually embarrassing. Not just to me...but shamefully to all females. I don't really understand.

I have realized and seen the unequal hardship on males overall. I feel empathy. Some women are coyotes scavenging. It makes me sad, since I know I am not alone, not all women are like that, but the media has created a fear campaign.

This MGTOW campaign seems...(warning: not PC) kind of gay! Really get to know your partners...don't rush into marriage. My husband was forced to wait. His family and friends freaked when they found out we had no Pre-nup. To me...if a you need that...it is a sure sign you should not marry. I was willing to continue in relationship as it was. I was happy.

I know I may be rambling, please forgive me, my loving hubby is constantly attempting to get my attention. Bless his heart, he is a good man, even if he thinks I am crazy typing on a conspiracy site. My personal opinions may be meaningless, but hoping some men will keep faith in women kind and realize we are not all generalized as the government and media make out.

Stay cautious...but don't give up!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: GuidedKill

triggered so easily, sorry I no blankets or safe spaces here....

Haha I piss on safe spaces.

Is the OP so exposed as an incel that the only rebuttal the OP has to my post is “triggered”?

No wonder your dating life has been so terrible. Conversations with you must be so enlightening.

“Me jock, me throw ball, me want have sex now.”

I see why you seem to always land those great women you bitched about not getting in your OP.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join