It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: intrepid

Nope. It hasn't. There are opinions.

Therefore you are using your OWN opinion to determine this. Apparently ABC's differs from yours.

and abc's opinion does not mean squat and is likely not represented at all.

this is a corporate decision made by the disney corporation by verbal consent of valerie jarret

my point is that perhaps if abc was not owned then their choice in the matter may be different without the big bucks coming from above

this goes beyond capitalism and profit

that is a big problem

it is likely that if abc was actually trying to make ends meet and cared bout their employees then then would have worked through this for profit of the company and the employees and not just to satisfy disney's world view

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That's an interesting question.

I've always assumed you have a minority heritage from your posts. Now look at your avatar. It's always a gorilla - ape. How do we handle that?

Not that I'm changing anything, but there it is. I always assumed from that that you are a big dude.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Therefore you are using your OWN opinion to determine this. Apparently ABC's differs from yours.

After looking at ABC's executive it's no wonder why.

www.disneyabcpress.com...

Looks like ABC has a racist problem seeing how certain segments of the population are way over represented and others are way under represented.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
More proof that Trump supporters can be as bad or worse.

No Way I thought being a Trump supporter means you are incapable of sin! Good thing we have eagle eyed investigators like you to point out these deep hidden truths.

But actually, this is no where near as bad as what many the antiTrump supporters have done... So, no, actually you are wrong, this is Not "more proof Trump supporters can be just as bad or worse".

Nice try, play again? Yes/No

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

You mean the 'black' female president of ABC who is married to a...wait for it....white guy?

ABC could not have written a better script....

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

and abc's opinion does not mean squat and is likely not represented at all.

Really? Who cancelled the show then?

this is a corporate decision made by the disney corporation by verbal consent of valerie jarret

I'd LOVE to see a source for that.

this goes beyond capitalism and profit

Hardly. It's money that makes the corporate world run. Even the "fake news" does what they do for profit. If no one tuned in they would change to something that sells.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Its funny, because I have that "ethnic identity". Im as white as it comes. Hungarian gypsy, mostly. But growing up the way I did...i identify (at least in part) with latin culture. Cook their food, married their women, made some babies, danced at a few quinceneras....

I get laughed at for being the party guero. When i go to get food they'll hand me white bread instead of a tortilla. They'll get me to speak spanish then make fun of my pronunciation. And we always have a really good time at it with lots of laughing and sharing.

Why can't the rest of the world get along like this?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It is selective or fake outrage. Positive of that. Then it will quiet down and people will fake outrage on something else. 

Nope, I don't think it is, folks have a right to be pissed, and the Joke was unthinking and not funny in anyway in fact if the joke wasn't a fail, we wouldn't be having this conversation..however we do not have the right not to be offended, if after the failed joke and folks tuned out then..that's when she gets the can, in this case let the market do it's job.

Reminder this pass is for comics only, not for teachers, cops , officials and the like.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I got no problem with this. Rosanne tweeted a racist tweet and a few other crazy tweets as well. Fire her. She still has a right to free speech. I'm okay with Kathy Griffin getting fired or roasted over the coals for Trumps decapitated head.

You can say whatever you want in this country, but people have a right to not like it, protest it, fire you for it etc.

What ever happened to being respectful and to having manners and to if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything? I don't let my kids get away with saying disrepectful, hateful, hurtful things in my house, they get punished for it. I don't let my clients say crazy stuff in my place of business either. I tell them to shut up or get out.

When did it become okay for adults to insult others based on looks? That's about as childish as it gets.

edit on 30-5-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: queenofswords

Gah...I feel like that was (partly) directed at me.

Admittedly, I feel stupid about not knowing.

Don't feel stupid, I looked up her picture, and she looks about as black as Mariah Carey, who I also did not realize was black until I saw her at a thing on tv for black women.

There are some extremely light skinned black people. How are we to know that they're black, if we really don't care about their skin colour? I tan darker than that without trying, and I'm a blonde.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

money.cnn.com...

i think you missed my point about if abc was paying their own bills then things would likely have went in a different direction

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

If you are mostly Hungarian gypsy that would make you Romani, they immigrated from India. So now you can change your screen name to bigfatfurrytexasian

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: TinySickTears

It is selective or fake outrage. Positive of that. Then it will quiet down and people will fake outrage on something else. 

Nope, I don't think it is, folks have a right to be pissed, and the Joke was unthinking and not funny in anyway in fact if the joke wasn't a fail, we wouldn't be having this conversation..however we do not have the right not to be offended, if after the failed joke and folks tuned out then..that's when she gets the can, in this case let the market do it's job.

Reminder this pass is for comics only, not for teachers, cops , officials and the like.

the market is screwed by corporations running the show

no longer bout profit but rather feelings

now the feelings have been hijacked by nwo

and most can not keep up

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

If you are mostly Hungarian gypsy that would make you Romani, they immigrated from India. So now you can change your screen name to bigfatfurrytexasian

do not let him fool you

he is a very highly functioning member of a zoo

he learned how to use a cell phone that the zoo keeper let's him log onto ats from time to time

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I wonder how this would of turned out if Rosie had referred to a Caucasian woman as "white fascist privilege and the Christian Church had a baby." or similar as an insult.

I doubt you would of heard anything about it.

Was her comment stupid and a bit on the nose? Sure but in context I think the joke is more about calling this VJ woman out as being stupid than anything to do with her race.

People just over react to everything these days.

Comedy is often offensive. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Depends on the target and timing.
And being offended is fine. You don't have to like it. But no sane adult should think someone should lose their whole career over a damn tweet.

If the post had been "Gas the Jews" and Rosanne telling people to go out and lynch black people and she was a member of a Neo Nazi group. I could understand the outrage.

If she had said "Trump is like the Muslim Brotherhood" and compared him to King Kong or any other famous apes.
These same outraged little snowflakes would be patting her on the back and giving her awards.
Nobody would of given a # if Rosanne were black and said it.

Context, people. Context.
If my kids are playing around and being silly and I call them a little monkey am I racist? Or is it that I can only say that to them depending on their colour and religion and political leanings etc.?

So confusing these days over who can say what? Is their equality in freedom of speech? I don't think so.

It's all getting stupid now. Really really stupid.
There are real issues in the world, and people would rather be virtual virtue signalling in online mobs over a one line joke on twitter and ruining other peoples lives because "omg imma savin' teh wurld"

Talk about political correctness gone mad.

Now excuse me I am going to go watch some Netflix Comedy specials of black stand up comedians starting a bunch of jokes with "you white people", that then compares all white people to something like 'the planet of the apes' because white people are stupid.

And after we shall all laugh and post to twitter about how funny jokes about white people are when it's black people like Dave Chappelle saying them! Then lose our crap if a white comedian spoke about black people in the same way.

two old sayings come to mind.
sticks and stones, and good for the goose good for the gander.

The real issue is the double standards.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
HAHA

And Barr pointed a finger at Wanda Sykes, the show's consulting producer, for ultimately causing the show's demise. Sykes had responded to Barr's invective by announcing via Twitter that she wouldn't return to the show. She wrote of Sykes, "her tweet made ABC very nervous and they cancelled the show."
www.brainerddispatch.com...

No, Rosanne, YOUR Tweets made the ABC execs very nervous!

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I think most people do.

It's just not the media we're fed.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Look do I need to explain to you , why such imagery is offensive to most Black ppl?? How can you not know the deeply racist connotation that is centuries old, used to make black ppl less than, animal like and definitely inferior, you as a self identified white person, can have that imagery without it connected to your humanity, for you it maybe slightly insulting or not at all, because we do not share the same social history.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Do you even read my posts in thread? This has nothing to do with Trump.

You better inform Trump about that then.

And you said I was wrong. Right.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: howtonhawky

Look do I need to explain to you , why such imagery is offensive to most Black ppl?? How can you not know the deeply racist connotation that is centuries old, used to make black ppl less than, animal like and definitely inferior, you as a self identified white person, can have that imagery without it connected to your humanity, for you it maybe slightly insulting or not at all, because we do not share the same social history.

That is what you are being programmed to be offended by.

In reality the white valerie jarrett looks like a hollywood ape from a movie and in reality the powers running the show see blacks getting a better outlook on life than before and so they seek to divide us by making some feel guilty for things that happened in the past.

your feeling of being offended are really beside the point of what is taking place here but you being offended actually hurts blacks in the long run.

simply put blacks do not have a problem unless disney tells them to.

fake outrage by all

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join