It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: howtonhawky

Look do I need to explain to you , why such imagery is offensive to most Black ppl?? How can you not know the deeply racist connotation that is centuries old, used to make black ppl less than, animal like and definitely inferior, you as a self identified white person, can have that imagery without it connected to your humanity, for you it maybe slightly insulting or not at all, because we do not share the same social history.

I'm of the belief that things are tough all over, life sometimes suck so buy yourself a helmet and get over it. The victim card is getting real old, real fast. Life is no more difficult for one particular race than it is easier for another. The rest of the whining is simply attempts to deflect from personal responsibility and find scape goats, nothing more, nothing less. (And yeah, that includes Roseanne's world excuse tour today. People need to start finding their spines, admit they are the product of their own choices, and own their own fates.)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
HAHA

And Barr pointed a finger at Wanda Sykes, the show's consulting producer, for ultimately causing the show's demise. Sykes had responded to Barr's invective by announcing via Twitter that she wouldn't return to the show. She wrote of Sykes, "her tweet made ABC very nervous and they cancelled the show."
www.brainerddispatch.com...

No, Rosanne, YOUR Tweets made the ABC execs very nervous!

for the record wanda does not look like an ape

she seems like a cat to me

why should wanda be offended that valerie looks like a specific ape in a movie

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Look do I need to explain to you , why such imagery is offensive to most Black ppl?? How can you not know the deeply racist connotation that is centuries old, used to make black ppl less than, animal like and definitely inferior, you as a self identified white person, can have that imagery without it connected to your humanity, for you it maybe slightly insulting or not at all, because we do not share the same social history.

Yeah, we get it, but I guess the question is:

As an African-American, are you better or worse off by making that part of your ethnic identity as a group?

Does it make you better as a person to be knee-jerk offended every time you see that comparison made with another person? Or are you made stronger to consider an insult to another person as an insult *to that person* and only that person rather than an insult to you too because you share some superficial characteristic in common?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Nice try, play again? Yes/No

At least you realize that the right-wing posters here play that game.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Ooooh, Trump commented on a current pop culture news story, unprecedented! Of course he commented on it, dude. Doesn't mean it had anything to do with him. He's doing what he does, pointing out hypocritical bullsnip where he sees it. Big difference between that and the wrongness of your comments yesterday.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

why should wanda be offended that valerie looks like a specific ape in a movie

Why don't you get on Twitter and ask Wanda herself.

edit on 30-5-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

That is what you are being programmed to be offended by. 

In reality the white valerie jarrett looks like a hollywood ape from a movie and in reality the powers running the show see blacks getting a better outlook on life than before and so they seek to divide us by making some feel guilty for things that happened in the past. 

This came way before Disney, and no it ain't just the past, but today, why do you think, European thugs throw banana peels on soccer fields at black players, they know why they did it and the effects it could have, the same as the Hang rope and Black faced imagery, Disney is apart of that history BTW, check their older cartoons, again as a self identified White person you may not get it, and talk about self identified, at least give Valery Jarrett the same courtesy in self identification as you do yourself, she is born into a family that so I.D themselves generations deep.
Oh one more thing, I'm only annoyed not deeply offended personally.
edit on 30-5-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Again, I'm asking ...

Does keeping these things as parts of your core group identity such that as a collective you all tend to drop off the deep end and go REEEEEEE, when one of you is confronted by this make you all stronger or weaker?

Certainly gives other groups a lot of buttons of push to control you, doesn't it?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

so do you also hold the evolutionist accountable for creating such a racist theory?

afterall it is taught that we all come from apes.

Does that mean my resentment toward mainstream science is really just a cover for my feelings bout being called an ape.

Now can i go around seeking sympathy and representations from anyone who subscribes to the RACIST theory of evolution or possibly just tell myself they are idiots and go about my day?

eta the figure in your avatar looks like a bird to me

i see the spirit animals everywhere
edit on 30-5-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
oops

Roseanne update: ABC may consider putting costars in new show

After ABC ordered a second season of Roseanne in March, EW confirmed that the cast options were picked up for another 13 episodes. Carsey-Werner, which produces the sitcom for ABC, is still on the hook for paying those salaries. And since ABC ordered a new season, it bears its own financial brunt from the cancellation. So keeping some kind of show intact wouldn’t be the worst decision for ABC.

Wonder what a new "character's" political views will be.

🤫

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
oops

Roseanne update: ABC may consider putting costars in new show

After ABC ordered a second season of Roseanne in March, EW confirmed that the cast options were picked up for another 13 episodes. Carsey-Werner, which produces the sitcom for ABC, is still on the hook for paying those salaries. And since ABC ordered a new season, it bears its own financial brunt from the cancellation. So keeping some kind of show intact wouldn’t be the worst decision for ABC.

Wonder what a new "character's" political views will be.

🤫

lol they will all still have to work with roseanne unless she is bought out she has creative control as a director

at least that was speculated to in another article

personally i think they are lame and then need rosey

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
For the sake of the country they should let rosie redeem herself

it would be a great for the country if she could loose the pills and seek forgiveness as VJ is locked up for her crimes

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Does it make you better as a person to be knee-jerk offended every time you see that comparison made with another person? Or are you made stronger to consider an insult to another person as an insult *to that person* and only that person rather than an insult to you too because you share some superficial characteristic in common?

10 out of 10 for withering condescension. Maybe that's why he's arguing against comparisons with monkeys? He realises that when it's OK to aim it at one person it'll become cool again to aim it at himself or others. It was standard until the early 90s to say the same things and hard to see the value in bringing it back.

Does keeping these things as parts of your core group identity such that as a collective you all tend to drop off the deep end and go REEEEEEE, when one of you is confronted by this make you all stronger or weaker?

A lot of people are 'REEEEEEing' over Barr's sacking. Lots are 'triggered' and want to create a 'safe space' where they can call black people monkeys.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Lord, it's the Poochie episode from Simpson's Itchy & Scratchy in real life.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Perhaps they'll replace her, too. Rosey dies in a freak Wellman plastics accident, Dan remarries a racially androgynous brunette who errily resembles a Hellena Bonham Carter dystopian future Earth character, and the new show is named "Valerie." Instead of an episode where the new neighbors are Muslim, the kids can help their new mom setup the front yard flagpole for the Muslim Brotherhood flag while she cajoles Dan on the sins of alcohol and consumption of pork products.

Hell, it might draw some decent ratings.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So Roseanne without Roseanne?

Yeah that's gonna work

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It used to be when someone called another person bad names we just
shrugged it off or pouted some.Political correctness seems to be turning
everyone into a bunch of crybabies with no backbone with lawyers' on
retainers waiting to file lawsuits!

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Ooooh, Trump commented on a current pop culture news story, unprecedented! Of course he commented on it, dude. Doesn't mean it had anything to do with him.

What? I think you just broke the fabric of existence with that statement. I heard it.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Depends on my mood on a particular day , do I let it slide or do I give that person a nose bleed if standing right there.
Again I was only slightly annoyed personally, and one thing why is it on Black folks to always get over sht like this, why can't the folks doing that crap get over it and just stop!.
edit on 30-5-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Ooooh, Trump commented on a current pop culture news story, unprecedented! Of course he commented on it, dude. Doesn't mean it had anything to do with him.

What? I think you just broke the fabric of existence with that statement. I heard it.

Check yourself, it may have just been gas.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join