It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: Grambler

Roseanne is a comedian it is a joke. Distasteful? sure but what comedian isnt?

They were just waiting for a reason to cancel her because she supports Trump. Just like last man standing.

They will not have any body liking our POTUS on their network.

This makes absolutely NO sense. Why would they be looking for a reason to cancel the highest rated sitcom they had?

Because so many people were watching it. Liberals and conservatives -- and everyone in between -- were enjoying it. Can't have anything that doesn't stoke the flames of partisan divide though.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Well have fun supporting a racist.. I'm out of this thread.. I spent too much time talking about a wealthy famous person who will live a good life wether fired or not.

Btw, sorry for calling you an idiot, you're just naive.. enjoy

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

If the left didn't have double standards, they'd have none at all.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Well have fun supporting a racist.. I'm out of this thread.. I spent too much time talking about a wealthy famous person who will live a good life wether fired or not.

Btw, sorry for calling you an idiot, you're just naive.. enjoy

I don't define people by one isolated comment, and that doesn't make me naive. Bye.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yea I get that it really isnt a freedom of speech thing.

But......since you pointed out the Joy Ried thing, I guess I could question whether or not it might not be proper for Roseann to sue for wrongful termination? The double standards will continue to apply as long as no one challenges them.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: TinySickTears

Takeaway the racist stuff and your still defending someone who resorts to ad hominem attacks on someone's appearance. I'm not outraged, just surprised that some atsers are defending this bafoon.

I'm the last person to defend someone's racism, but she is a comedian first and foremost ,the rules are or should be a lil different even if it flops, again IMO .

Tell that to Michael Richards.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
John Goodman is a way bigger star than Roseass, (typo, but I decided to leave it), and sister "Jackie" gets plenty of work (Sheldon's mom and other things) as does Melissa Gilbert. But the others probably needed work, along with all the writers, cameramen, etc. who lost jobs because of this.

As for her, she can go back to stand up comedy in sleazy bars if she needs to. Who cares.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The vj has very thin skin.

A comment that was true and taken out of context and apologized for and by vj's own words aid she is fine.

So in turn the muslim brotherhood will stand by and let 20 or 30 people lose their job in a show that was hard hitting and seeking to tackle real world problems like the muslim neighbor skit they done in the last couple weeks and after it aired the head of CAIR came out in support of roseannes show.

So they disney will choose to can a hard hitting show and put all those people out of work cause they have no sense of forgiveness?

No real harm done to the woman who looks exactly like a character from a movie bout apes.

So now we have lost our ability to reason and are now being led by the electric universe where logic is beside the point.

Her show was changing more minds bout serious issues than any other show.

A heroin addicted racist woman struggling with her humanity and pain all while holding a family together.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I find if refreshing that ABC chose decency over ratings and money. Rare these days.

I picked this comment as an example to show how history is repeating itself and how a lot of dumb human apes believe they are righteous when they are the cause of this whole BS.

See, depending on the era in history, something was always the most 'outrageous' thing ever.

Witch hunts.

Now we are laughing about them [no, not really but I am trying to make it light hearted], but in those days, even looking the wrong way or saying a wrong word [sounds familiar?], would have a neighbour or someone who hated you call the guards and have you arrested, tortured and killed.
Thousands of women lost their lives. Why?

Because being a witch wasn't PC, it was taboo, verboten, not decent, not moral, offensive to the church and believers. And the funny thing is that peopple then totally stood behind that opinion!

Like nowadays, see above quote.

Then we had Communists.

Oh, the ruddy, ruddy communists in the 50s. Damn the bloody immoral, unethical communists. they were hunted down and people got their knickers in a twist about anything communist. If they had twitter in the day, anything mildly communist would have seen you fired. Let's say you chose to use the word 'RED', oooh that would be a communist meaning and you need to lose your job now.
Does something click yet?

Don't you 'Besserwissers' [know it all betters] realise that nothing is actually really offensive [or everything is]. In 100 years people might wonder why we got so extreme about a comment about highly advanced monkeys. By then maybe fingernails might be really offensive to someone, or a certain hairstyle or a certain whatever. Someone will be offended or hurt morally by something I can't even come up with yet and which matters not at the moment to us.

But whatever it will be, those using it will be hunted and arrested or even killed. Yet we are the same humans only OPINIONS change. During the witch trials nobody would have given a damn about Planet of the Apes or how blacks perceive it. Yet they killed of another set of believed/perceived/ made up opinions.

The new witch hunt is now 'racism'. Nothing in the world seems to be more offensive and more worthy of death and torture than being a racist.

It's nuts, I have seen people wishing death and pain to others who disagree on things such as race or maybe even worry about their country without being actually racist. Roseanne didn't say 'kill all blacks, I hate them so much'. She made a relevant joke about a woman who is iranian and looks like Helena Bonham Carter as a monkey. She does! I laughed.
A good comeback from the 'victim' would have been far healthier in this victim society.

Maybe we wouldn't have so many problems if we stopped being so righteous and always create 'offenses of the day' which include words and looks.
We also have to let others have opinions and voice them if they don't actually ask others to commit crimes!

I can't believe there are still people who fall for this. Has been repeated for centuries now, only the opinion has changed...

Duuuuh

edit on 30-5-2018 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2018 by Hecate666 because: bloody fast typing and mistakes

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

... Perhaps trump supporterst should stop putting mentally challenged, drugged up people as their voice of reason.

Perhaps you might explain how 'anyone' has 'appointed' Roseanne Barr as their voice of anything, let alone 'reason'...and what exactly is this public position you allege? Is there a Secretary of the Dept. of Voice of Reason?

Oh wait...nevermind. That's right, it's a cabinet level appointment in your Bizarro World's Ministry of Truth, isn't it?
edit on 5/30/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Great post!

Perhaps we should start a petition for a sub-forum entitled 'Offense of the Day' Then all the sky screamers, whose standards come only in pairs, would have a place to go to find out what they should be angry about today.

...and we could have a sticky with a reincarnation of Charleton Heston standing on a beach screaming...

"Oh my Gawd...I'm back. I'm home. All the time, it was... We finally did it. YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! AH, DAMN YOU! GAWD DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!"

...in the shadow of a half buried Statue of Liberty

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
She does look like an ape. I don't see the issue.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
So how long has freedom of speech been dead really?

I could care less about Roseanne her show or her comment...

But the world has become like an internet forum too heavily moderated with consequences for invoking a personal freedom..

How is this not the real problem for all of you?

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

She looks like she could have walked right off the planet of the apes set?
Quit playing outraged

If a black comedian had said it would you be ok with it?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

She looks like she could have walked right off the planet of the apes set.
Quit playing outraged

If a black comedian had said it would you be ok with it?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

People make fun of others appearance all the time.
People in this thread talking about how Roseanne looks.

So you get mad when people say Michelle Obama looks like an actual ape or is this just some fake #?
edit on 30-5-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

People make fun of others appearance all the time.
People in this thread talking about how Roseanne looks.

So? Are any of these people in this thread in charge of a multi-billion dollar business?

So you get mad when people say Michelle Obama looks like an actual ape or is this just some fake #?

Don't get mad at either but both are unacceptable to businesses.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I am flabbergasted at the number of people that did not know VJ is black, even people that seem to be efficient researchers! It is mind-boggling to me.

Right here on ATS, where I thought political research was top notch, I am seeing posters saying that they were not aware this woman who sat in the WH for 8 years, practically running the BHO administration, was black.

We have talked about her background in the Chicago Housing projects.

We have talked about her being born in Iran to African American parents.

Comments have been made about her communist "friends".

Her daughter works for CNN (as some call it, the Commie News Network), and now her old slick-as-pig-s**t friend, James Clapper, works there, too.

Oh....this woman hasn't been exposed nearly enough! She liked to lay low working quietly behind the scenes.

She now lives with the Obama's in that multi-million dollar D.C. home just down the way from the WH, running the Trump resistance behind the scenes.

edit on 30-5-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
What were the ratings like?

18 Million at the premiere. 10 Million last viewing when the novelty wore off.

Ratings aside, they were no doubt going to take a hit from advertisers pulling commercials or facing boycotts and controversy.

Politics aside, if you are going to be a star of a show, you should be at the least thoughtful about the people that sign your paychecks and your fellow cast-members.

Sidenote, she went on Twitter tear last night vacillating between blaming everyone else to taking responsibility for the tweet to blaming it on Ambien.

The makers of Ambien responded to her on Twitter:
"While all pharmaceutical treatments have side effects, racism is not a known side effect of any Sanofi medication."

edit on 30-5-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus
The makers of Ambien responded to her on Twitter:
"While all pharmaceutical treatments have side effects, racism is not a known side effect of any Sanofi medication."

Now that's funny. They should get their own sit-com.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join