It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: ketsuko

Depends on my mood on a particular day , do let it slide or do I give that person a nose bleed if standing right there.
Again I was only slightly annoyed personally, and one thing why is on Black folks to always get over sht like this why can't the folks doing that crap get over it and just stop!.

Because taking offense is a choice and that choice is ALWAYS on the shoulder's of the listener. Just because you say something that I find offensive, doesn't mean you intended an offense nor, even if you did, that you're the one holding the blame. I chose to be offended, I chose to let it get to me, I chose not to just get over it. Same goes for this nonsense. Either get over it or don't, but for the love of God don't blame your choice on everyone else when it is entirely within your own control.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I wonder...how many times has Trump been called a 'cracker' or a 'whitey' by some comedian?

I can just about guarantee Chris Rock has called about 50% of the white population of planet Earth 'Whitey / cracker' at some point, but he doesn't get fired. Hell, I actually like the guy's humor and I'm white (I think). I certainly like him better than Rosanne Barr. But why the double standard, why the hypocrisy?

Barr is now public enemy #1, but Rock isn't. Why? And this is just one of probably thousands of examples.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

But aren't they just words. Can we even discuss the ideas behind those words or is that racists?

What better way to brainwash than make the actual arguments around the entire subject taboo.

What happens if the words are true or contain truth?

Are we doing ourselves any favors by making entire subjects taboo? Will that make the subject material go away?

What happens if they make something you care about taboo?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I think Chris rock was smart enough not to "Ambien tweet" racist nonsense at politicians in the middle of the night. Kanye did live on national television during Katrina and now he is a hero to the right. Go figure.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
JC....

Racist this, racism that, blah blah blah. This cry baby stuff is very tiresome.

Sticks and stones folks, remember... We all know it's not really about feelings being hurt, it's all about the "give me a reason" excuse.

It is just the normal these days, pull the offended card, pull the race card, pull the victim card... all to complicate things nicely, because letting things slide is too easy right?

To be offended by something somebody "says" is either a personal fault or they are just itching for an excuse to be outraged to push some type of agenda.
edit on 30-5-2018 by kyleplatinum because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: howtonhawky

Perhaps they'll replace her, too. Rosey dies in a freak Wellman plastics accident, Dan remarries a racially androgynous brunette who errily resembles a Hellena Bonham Carter dystopian future Earth character, and the new show is named "Valerie." Instead of an episode where the new neighbors are Muslim, the kids can help their new mom setup the front yard flagpole for the Muslim Brotherhood flag while she cajoles Dan on the sins of alcohol and consumption of pork products.

Hell, it might draw some decent ratings.

If abc had balls they would profit from this.

A cameo appearance by valerie jarrett on the show where the two hash things out in some form.

It is clear that they are sitting on a gold mine of emotion and ratings if they would harvest correctly and such.

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

OK I don't know If you have kids or not but let's say someone ,a grown up say something nasty to your kid, do you tell your kid get over it and walk it off, or do you approach that SOB.and drop kick him into next Thursday.
edit on 30-5-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Martin Luther King would be so proud of your statement, don't ya think?

So your solution is violence?

Brilliant!
edit on 5/30/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

OK I don't know of you have kids or not but let's say someone ,a grown up say something nasty to your kid, do you tell your kid get over it and walk it off, or do you approach that SOB.and drop kick him into next Thursday,

Are you a GD child? This is part of the problem, dude. Black people aren't children once they turn 18... same as every other human. They're now adults. Act like one. Sticks and stones may break you bones, but word cannot harm you. Keep expecting to have your behavior and choices excused as if one was a child and you can also expect, rightfully so, to be treated like a child.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I know this wasn't directed at me. Why would I teach my children to resort to violence when they can just walk away? I would view the entire incident as a positive, that I was there to show my children the correct way to respond, to walk away.

I can't imagine the amount of pain they would experience in life if they were taught to resort to physical violence when simple words were spoken.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Heck, if they put a no holds barred cage-match between the two on pay per view I'd watch...and I don't even care who wins!!!

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Martin Luther King would be proud of that statement, don't ya think?

Brilliant!

If that attitude is a common one, it does go a long way toward explaining why America's inner cities are so incredibly violent, with massive black on black violence taking place daily. All those weekend deaths in Chicago? People talking abrasively and being rude. :rolleyes:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Martin Luther King would be proud of that statement, don't ya think?

Brilliant!

I respect him but I ain't him, my drill instructor didn't teach us non violence, as a matter of fact he gave us a lot of insensitivity training..

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

a reply to: ketsuko

Depends on my mood on a particular day , do let it slide or do I give that person a nose bleed if standing right there.
Again I was only slightly annoyed personally, and one thing why is on Black folks to always get over sht like this why can't the folks doing that crap get over it and just stop!.

Because taking offense is a choice and that choice is ALWAYS on the shoulder's of the listener. Just because you say something that I find offensive, doesn't mean you intended an offense nor, even if you did, that you're the one holding the blame. I chose to be offended, I chose to let it get to me, I chose not to just get over it. Same goes for this nonsense. Either get over it or don't, but for the love of God don't blame your choice on everyone else when it is entirely within your own control.

i agree
ive always said if something i say offends you that says more about you then it does about me

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Theres a couple old sayings you should probably make note of...

1. Choose your battles wisely.

2. Sometimes restraint is the better part of valor.

Just sayin'

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

No condescension. I'm mainly curious.

There is a website called Know Your Meme where this sort of meme is a thing.

But because of the cultural baggage I'm talking about, no one could make one with Valerie Jarrett and that planet of the apes character that has been referenced earlier although a meme could be made.

She does look like Dolores Umbridge.

And I'm not going to get jumped for making that comparison.

It's like the whole "dumb blonde" thing. Am I better or worse off for letting myself get upset over every dumb blonde joke I hear because I am blonde?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Theres a couple old sayings you should probably make note of...

1. Choose your battles wisely.

2. Sometimes restraint is the better part of valor.

Just sayin'

True, but only sometimes..

edit on 30-5-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

OK I don't know of you have kids or not but let's say someone ,a grown up say something nasty to your kid, do you tell your kid get over it and walk it off, or do you approach that SOB.and drop kick him into next Thursday,

While I am large and physically outmatch most people, I find that my wit and tongue are my strongest weapons in this world.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

.My point is how far do you let ppl walk all over you.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

While I am large and physically outmatch most people, I find that my wit and tongue are my strongest weapons in this world.

And that's enough most of the time, I can intimidate ppl with a fierce glance and a scowl, but there is always that one dude.

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join