It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
I was just getting into this show. Its terrible how this went down.

I expect the same standard to be applied to EVERY ONE.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. . . sorry. You said "same standards".

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

She crushed herself. Perhaps trump supporterst should stop putting mentally challenged, drugged up people as their voice of reason.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Takeaway the racist stuff and your still defending someone who resorts to ad hominem attacks on someone's appearance. I'm not outraged, just surprised that some atsers are defending this bafoon.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Who's Monique Judge?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Roseanne Barr has a disturbing history of calling black women ‘apes’

www.rawstory.com...

Roseanne was altright before there was an altright.

She called Susan Rice a man...with big swinging ape balls.

She didn't call her an ape.

And that is the only other instance I see in that article. Where's this "disturbing history?"

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: roguetechie
a reply to: Spider879

Kaepernick also kinda sucks at football... That's the thing with people even bringing up Kaepernick, dude actively made teams play worse just by signing with them.

Kaep played for only the 49ers and took them to 2 NFC championship games and a Superbowl.

(I don't even like football and i know that)

Apparently not.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Takeaway the racist stuff and your still defending someone who resorts to ad hominem attacks on someone's appearance. I'm not outraged, just surprised that some atsers are defending this bafoon.

You mean like Michelle Wolf attacked Sarah Huckabee Sanders but much, much more tame than that.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

You're an idiot. She knew what VJ looks like because she made a joke about her appearance. Plus she was on twitter, meaning it takes 3 seconds to look up what she looks like.

Gigantic leap? What else does a reference to monkeys and a black colored lady mean??????

Holy shiat are you guys naive...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Wtf? How did the daily show woman get sucked into this??? Wow you can't see past your left vs right paradigm bubble can you? I bet you think that because I'm against Roseanne's comments I must be a lefty who supports any and all liberals.. Wake up...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I'm not outraged, just surprised that some atsers are defending this bafoon.

I'm not. Not in the least. In fact, I pretty much could have foretold just who'd be responding with what. Give 'em credit though...they don't disappoint.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

So she LOOKS like an Islamic talking ape??... well good to know where you stand..

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I'm the last person to defend someone's racism, but she is a comedian first and foremost ,the rules are or should be a lil different even if it flops, again IMO .

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

You're an idiot. She knew what VJ looks like because she made a joke about her appearance. Plus she was on twitter, meaning it takes 3 seconds to look up what she looks like.

Gigantic leap? What else does a reference to monkeys and a black colored lady mean??????

Holy shiat are you guys naive...

She does look like Planet of the Apes. I, too, thought that long before Roseanne tweeted it and I also did not know Jarrett was black.

Also, this isn't the mud pit, so clean up your act.

edit on 5/30/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Wtf? How did the daily show woman get sucked into this??? Wow you can't see past your left vs right paradigm bubble can you? I bet you think that because I'm against Roseanne's comments I must be a lefty who supports any and all liberals.. Wake up...

I'm an independent. I voted for Johnson. I think it's you that can't get past it.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

It seems now it's just wacky ultra-PC liberals or moronic semi-racist trump supporters that have a public voice.

Is the American masses this dumb or are we being pushed in the duelistic idiocracy for a reason??

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: olaru12

Roseanne Barr has a disturbing history of calling black women ‘apes’

www.rawstory.com...

Roseanne was altright before there was an altright.

She called Susan Rice a man...with big swinging ape balls.

She didn't call her an ape.

And that is the only other instance I see in that article. Where's this "disturbing history?"

FACT: Male apes actually DO have big balls...and they have a definite tendency to swing due to lack of proper undergarment restraint.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

I'm the last person to defend someone's racism, but she is a comedian first and foremost ,the rules are or should be a lil different even if it flops, again IMO .

There is a fine line between comedy and personal. Comedians are people who make lots of money toeing that line. They don't always succeed. I think Michelle Wolf walked a bit too far into personal at the White House dinner, but her routine might have been just fine if her delivery were a bit less nasty, a bit lighter.

Sometimes, it's about delivery. Something brutal in one tone is absolutely hilarious in another.

But, of course, the internet has no tone except what you give it which is why memes are so powerful. They make up for the lack of voice inflection and facial expression.
edit on 30-5-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Spider879

This is my view, too. At least with comedy, you know that none of it should be taken seriously from the get-go.

link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: Grambler

Roseanne is a comedian it is a joke. Distasteful? sure but what comedian isnt?

They were just waiting for a reason to cancel her because she supports Trump. Just like last man standing.

They will not have any body liking our POTUS on their network.

This makes absolutely NO sense. Why would they be looking for a reason to cancel the highest rated sitcom they had?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Arnie123
I was just getting into this show. Its terrible how this went down.

I expect the same standard to be applied to EVERY ONE.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. . . sorry. You said "same standards".

www.foxnews.com...

MSNBC provided viewers with one of the most tone-deaf moments in cable news history on Tuesday when Andrea Mitchell asked Joy Reid about a racist tweet that Roseanne Barr sent about former Obama aide Valerie Jarrett.

These people have no shame.
They also have no standards.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join