It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creator god or intelligent design, the facts that inform the theory?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: coomba98
a reply to: Deetermined

The human brain as it is today is due to millions of years of evolution.

After finding the natural phenomena called evolution (now MES), the discoverer then created the theory set out to explain said phenomena. And do you know who this person was? A Christian.

Your arguing a theory that was created by a Christian.

Coomba98

Julian Huxley, who first coined the term "Modern Evolutionary Synthesis" in his book "Evolution: a Modern Synthesis", was a secular humanist and the first president of the British Humanist Association. He also spoke of his belief in religious naturalism.

"Many people assert that this abandonment of the god hypothesis means the abandonment of all religion and all moral sanctions. This is simply not true. But it does mean, once our relief at jettisoning an outdated piece of ideological furniture is over, that we must construct something to take its place", Julian Huxley quoted from "The Humanist Manifesto".
What’s your point?

Factuality.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

That brings up a good question. Where are the aliens? Why do they "abduct" humans? What is your explanation for why people would believe such a thing?

Same explanation people use for god claims.

Where are the aliens? Good question, the possibility of aliens is huge. But until evidence comes along theres no good reason to 100% believe it to be true.

Coomba98

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I’ll show you articles as soon as you show me evidence of a creator.

All you have is deflections and nothing more. I don’t think you’re a real christian, but someone giving the nice ones a bad name.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

Hey digger, not sure what your post was alluding too.

Understand that most if not all scientific theories started by someone other than the person who completes said theory.

Einstein did not create the Theory of Relativity, that honor goes to Albert A. Michelson, Hendrik Lorentz, Henri Poincaré and others. Einstein just finished the theory.

Same with evolution, the guy who created it died a long long time ago. So other people have jumped on board to complete it.

Coomba98

Fair enough, like all science, it was a group effort, but JH did coin the phrase.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: Woodcarver

But the bible is full of super smart animals. They are talking and having conversations, and tricking people, and warning people, and god sends a bear to kill some kids, and a donkey talks to a guy, so... why not super smart snails? God can do anything, it’s all in the stories. Where are all the talking donkeys?

That brings up a good question. Where are the aliens? Why do they "abduct" humans? What is your explanation for why people would believe such a thing?

i’m noticing a pattern that when you reply to my posts, you never answer the questions i posit.

You always say that when you don't want to answer my questions, and it's simply not true.

Outside of our physical world is a spiritual one. Angels and demons are capable of doing many things which includes transforming themselves in both the spiritual and physical worlds. I'm not familiar with the bear story, but I do know that an angel was responsible for making the donkey talk. The experiences that other people have had with angels and demons always makes for good research too. Just because you've never witnessed or experienced it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Just like aliens. In my opinion, aliens are demons. Some people experience them and others don't.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Let just given them the benefit of the doubt and say Christianity is true, for sake of argument.

How would they utilize critical thinking in determining the correct one out of thousands?

Most answers are in truth, thats the Christian sect my family is part of and cause I was young I get dragged along to the churches thereby eventually becoming say.. Baptist.

Coomba98

Religions are spirit led. For whatever reason, different people are "drawn" to different sects of Christianity for a number of different reasons. Most people will choose a sect based on what they believe to be the best fit for them and their spiritual beliefs based on their own interpretations of scripture.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Jesus was God

So there was no “sacrifice for our sins” because, according to xtians, god can’t die.

Oh, you got something right. God can't die.

In fact, Jesus said that He was the one who would raise Himself from the dead:

"This is why the Father loves me: because I give up my life so that I can take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I give it up of my own free will. I have the authority to give it up, and I have the authority to take it up again. I received this commandment from my Father.” John 10:17-18.

Nonetheless, to allow oneself to be tortured to the point of physical death sounds like sacrifice to me.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

But the bible is full of super smart animals. They are talking and having conversations, and tricking people, and warning people, and god sends a bear to kill some kids, and a donkey talks to a guy, so... why not super smart snails? God can do anything, it’s all in the stories. Where are all the talking donkeys?

It is well catalogued that humans are capable of believing all kinds of stupid things. I know you’ll agree with that.

Ask me how can we tell which claims should be taken seriously?

The same way we do anything else. We research it my comparing stories with either our own experiences or by researching comparable scenarios of others to see if there's consistently a common thread between them. I used to never believe in aliens, but after a lot of research, I realized that there was a common thread in many of the stories. What I noticed was that most interaction that people had with aliens was during sleep. The dream state is a common time for entities of a spiritual nature to interact with people.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I just want to add (to whoever you're replying to) that while God can't die, Jesus did indeed experience a physical human death, which counts as a death even though his spirit is eternal.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I get a lot right about the bible. Ex Christian here.

So Jesus supposedly died for our sins. God can’t die. Therefore the whole dying for our sins is a farce.

One of many contradictions so called christians make.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I just want to add (to whoever you're replying to) that while God can't die, Jesus did indeed experience a physical human death, which counts as a death even though his spirit is eternal.

So it was a fake death?

Your sky daddy likes pull pranks, doesn’t it?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Oh. Forgot to ask.

Where’s this evidence of your sky daddy creator? Or are you going to say you’re leaving.....again?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Once again, Jesus died a human death not only to forgive us of our sins, but to show us that we too would raise from a human death and into an eternal life that exists after this one. That's why he returned to talk to his disciples after he was resurrected from the dead. He wanted to make sure that they understood that there was another life after this one and that he still existed.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

So your god, who is all knowing, all seeing, sky daddy, came down as a guy, called himself (god) father, let himself get killed (even though your god supposedly can’t die) to forgive us of our sins, even though he knows everything and knows how everything was going to pan out before it happened?

Sounds legit lol.

So. Evidence of your sky daddy. Got any? Or is your evidence just the same as Harry Potter?

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I get a lot right about the bible. Ex Christian here.

Forgive me for saying this, but there is no such thing as an "Ex Christian". Someone who claims to be such was never truly a Christian to begin with. If you don't believe that Jesus is your Lord and Savior now, chances are, you never truly believed it in the first place. You might have pondered the idea, you might have sat in church for years while trying to make up your mind, but I'm betting your heart was NEVER fully into it.

Feel free to convince me otherwise.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

but there is no such thing as an "Ex Christian".

I was a Christian. Am no longer a Christian. That makes me an ex Christian. I’m no longer brainwashed by fairy tales of a loving sky daddy who kills, is jealous, vengeful and is full of hate.

So. Evidence of sky daddy? Anything? You ARE in a thread asking for evidence of a sky daddy, after all.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
23 (soon to be 24) pages of deflection and not a single shred of evidence for a sky daddy.

You xtians are just so convinced there is a loving sky fairy, but can’t show it. The same as a mental patient who is convinced a purple elephant is trying to eat them, but can’t prove that either, but they just “knoooooooow”.
edit on 2852018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

So your god, who is all knowing, all seeing, sky daddy, came down as a guy, called himself (god) father, let himself get killed (even though your god supposedly can’t die) to forgive us of our sins, even though he knows everything and knows how everything was going to pan out before it happened?

Yes. In order for God to allow us free will to choose him or reject him, he wanted us to understand the difference between good and evil. Once we knew evil, God had to come up with a plan to cleanse us of it before we could enter into heaven, as nothing that's been corrupted is capable of entering into it. God knows all, including our struggles and physical pain and suffering. He's been here. He's lived it. He's not a hypocrite asking us to do something or live through something that he hasn't experienced right along beside us. God's ultimate plan is to live with those who accept him for eternity. Angels were allowed free will too, but for those who rejected him, there is no plan of salvation. The Bible tells us that a third of the angels will choose to follow Satan over God, even though they knew the truth from the very beginning. God will not force his will on anyone. It's up to us to choose whether or not we accept his will.

edit on 28-5-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Yes. In order for God to allow us free will to choose him or reject him, he wanted us to understand the difference between good and evil. Once we knew evil, God had to come up with a plan to cleanse us of it before we could enter into heaven, as nothing that's been corrupted is capable of entering into it. God knows all, including our struggles and physical pain and suffering. He's been here. He's lived it. He's not a hypocrite asking us to do something or live through something that he hasn't experienced right along beside us. God's ultimate plan is to live with those who accept him for eternity. Angels were allowed free will too, but for those who rejected him, there is no plan of salvation. The Bible tells us that a third of the angels will choose to follow to Satan over God, even though they knew the truth from the very beginning. God will not force his will on anyone. It's up to us to choose whether or not we accept his will.

You see all those words?

Prove it.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

It's not my place to prove anything. The Bible says that God reveals himself to those he chooses. When or if he wants to reveal himself to you, He will.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join