It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creator god or intelligent design, the facts that inform the theory?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

So you’re all for religious extremists?

Go ISIS?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: Woodcarver

I haven’t seen anyone here claim that conscious entities come from randomness acting upon nothingness. They generally come from thier parents, and every time it is by Natural chemical reactions at no point has a creator deity ever been needed to fill in the gaps of our understanding.

You know what he meant and you're playing silly/dumb again.

How did human consciousness originate?

The same way snail consiousness did. Evolution.

Assuming that snail evolution from pre-snail to post-snail versions had a cognitive component.

I would hardly make that assumption as it is highly unlikely, with such a primitive creature, that intellectual prowess was selection criteria proffering evolutionary advantage.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

You didn’t answer my question.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

There’s been a lot of that in this thread.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I haven’t seen anyone here claim that conscious entities come from randomness acting upon nothingness. They generally come from thier parents, and every time it is by Natural chemical reactions at no point has a creator deity ever been needed to fill in the gaps of our understanding.

Assuming that snail evolution from pre-snail to post-snail versions had a cognitive component.

I would hardly make that assumption as it is highly unlikely, with such a primitive creature, that intellectual prowess was selection criteria proffering evolutionary advantage.
But the bible is full of super smart animals. They are talking and having conversations, and tricking people, and warning people, and god sends a bear to kill some kids, and a donkey talks to a guy, so... why not super smart snails? God can do anything, it’s all in the stories. Where are all the talking donkeys?

I mean, if you believe in the bible, then you believe that god kills people with bears and donkeys talk, like, pretty much all the time. What’s not to believe?
edit on 27-5-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

I have seen us answering lots of questions.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I have seen us answering lots of questions.

That’s true.

Not so much on answering the premise of the thread by the religiousy ones though. Plenty of deflection though.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Go ISIS?

Just the opposite. No one is trying to kill the Muslim religion, just the extremists who are trying to kill everyone else that doesn't believe like they do. You do understand the difference, right?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98

The human brain as it is today is due to millions of years of evolution.

After finding the natural phenomena called evolution (now MES), the discoverer then created the theory set out to explain said phenomena. And do you know who this person was? A Christian.

Your arguing a theory that was created by a Christian.

Coomba98

Julian Huxley, who first coined the term "Modern Evolutionary Synthesis" in his book "Evolution: a Modern Synthesis", was a secular humanist and the first president of the British Humanist Association. He also spoke of his belief in religious naturalism.

"Many people assert that this abandonment of the god hypothesis means the abandonment of all religion and all moral sanctions. This is simply not true. But it does mean, once our relief at jettisoning an outdated piece of ideological furniture is over, that we must construct something to take its place", Julian Huxley quoted from "The Humanist Manifesto".

edit on 27/5/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Go ISIS?

Just the opposite. No one is trying to kill the Muslim religion, just the extremists who are trying to kill everyone else that doesn't believe like they do. You do understand the difference, right?

There are plenty of people trying to kill the religion and the people. Unless you walk around with your eyes closed, it’s been on the news, in the papers and on the internet a lot.

I expect a twisted reply so you can make yourself feel better for supporting religious extremists though.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98

The human brain as it is today is due to millions of years of evolution.

After finding the natural phenomena called evolution (now MES), the discoverer then created the theory set out to explain said phenomena. And do you know who this person was? A Christian.

Your arguing a theory that was created by a Christian.

Coomba98

Julian Huxley, who first coined the term "Modern Evolutionary Synthesis" in his book "Evolution: a Modern Synthesis", was a secular humanist and the first president of the British Humanist Association. He also spoke of his belief in religious naturalism.

"Many people assert that this abandonment of the god hypothesis means the abandonment of all religion and all moral sanctions. This is simply not true. But it does mean, once our relief at jettisoning an outdated piece of ideological furniture is over, that we must construct something to take its place", Julian Huxley quoted from "The Humanist Manifesto".
What’s your point?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears
Mathematics is discovered not created. It is an aspect of truth, which is why it is seen in nature. Truth is eternal, it has no beginning.

Gods Fingerprint→ The Fibonacci Sequence

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

Mathematics is discovered not created. It is an aspect of truth, which is why it is seen in nature. Truth is eternal, it has no beginning.

Math has nothing to do with god. Ever notice how they don’t teach god in math class?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

But the bible is full of super smart animals. They are talking and having conversations, and tricking people, and warning people, and god sends a bear to kill some kids, and a donkey talks to a guy, so... why not super smart snails? God can do anything, it’s all in the stories. Where are all the talking donkeys?

That brings up a good question. Where are the aliens? Why do they "abduct" humans? What is your explanation for why people would believe such a thing?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

a detective enters the scene of a murder, he looks over the body, and the surroundings and begrudgingly says to the other officers, god did this!! A patrolman who was watching the door says “how can you tell?” The detective replies, “I see his fingerprints everywhere”.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

That brings up a good question. Where are the aliens? Why do they "abduct" humans? What is your explanation for why people would believe such a thing?

It is well catalogued that humans are capable of believing all kinds of stupid things. I know you’ll agree with that.

Ask me how can we tell which claims should be taken seriously?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

i’m noticing a pattern that when you reply to my posts, you never answer the questions i posit.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Hey digger, not sure what your post was alluding too.

Understand that most if not all scientific theories started by someone other than the person who completes said theory.

Einstein did not create the Theory of Relativity, that honor goes to Albert A. Michelson, Hendrik Lorentz, Henri Poincaré and others. Einstein just finished the theory.

Same with evolution, the guy who created it died a long long time ago. So other people have jumped on board to complete it.

Coomba98

link   

I mean, if you believe in the bible, then you believe that god kills people with bears and donkeys talk, like, pretty much all the time. What’s not to believe?

Firstly, it was two bears and 42 young men (not children). There is nothing that says that God sent the bears and you have to ask, who waits around to be mauled by bears? I mean, two bears mauling 42 youths to death must have taken a while (nor does it make the bears somehow intelligent, so it doesn't support your argument, either).

Also, there was an initially invisible angel present when the donkey "talked". Perhaps it was ventriloquism by the angel, wanting to teach Baalam a lesson for his animal cruelty (and his attempt to thwart God). Definitely, when the angel revealed itself, it said exactly the same thing as the donkey did.

And you said "pretty much all the time", which was never the case.

link   

Go ISIS?

There are plenty of people trying to kill the religion and the people. Unless you walk around with your eyes closed, it’s been on the news, in the papers and on the internet a lot.

I expect a twisted reply so you can make yourself feel better for supporting religious extremists though.

Show me the news article that states that anyone in power is trying to kill the Muslim religion. Now, if or when it appears that the majority of the people practicing the religion turn all jihad, maybe you'll see a call for that, but we're not there.

While we may not be allowing in foreign immigrants from countries that have a high rate of Muslim extremism, we're not trying to cut them off from their religion in their home country and calling for a total ban on it worldwide. There's a difference between national security issues and calling for the end of an entire religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join