It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creator god or intelligent design, the facts that inform the theory?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: chr0naut

Try reading what I was replying to next time. His “evidence” was the popularity of the bible each year, not total.

So, have YOU got any evidence of a creator? So far all the creationist have been totally lacking in any.

You are a conscious entity.

What is the most likely way for a conscious entity to come into existance? Randomness acting upon nothingness?

Also, you seem to have implied that all supporters of theism are creationists. This is a fale dichotomy.

I, for instance, believe that evolution and chemical abiogenesis are perfectly reasonable explanations of life proccesses and neither preclude specific creation.

edit on 27/5/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

That's cool but you have no evidence to back it up.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Try reading what I was replying to next time. His “evidence” was the popularity of the bible each year, not total.

So, have YOU got any evidence of a creator? So far all the creationist have been totally lacking in any.

You are a conscious entity.

What is the most likely way for a conscious entity to come into existance? Randomness acting upon nothingness?

Also, you seem to have implied that all supporters of theism are creationists. This is a fale dichotomy.

I, for instance, believe that evolution and chemical abiogenesis are perfectly reasonable explanations of life proccesses and neither preclude specific creation.
I haven’t seen anyone here claim that conscious entities come from randomness acting upon nothingness. They generally come from thier parents, and every time it is by Natural chemical reactions at no point has a creator deity ever been needed to fill in the gaps of our understanding. They don’t teach about gods in biology, they don’t teach about gods in physics, they don’t teach about god in geology, they don’t teach about god in medicine.

Where do they teach about what god can do? Which class can i take to find verifiable experiments that inform me of the properties of god?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I haven’t seen anyone here claim that conscious entities come from randomness acting upon nothingness. They generally come from thier parents, and every time it is by Natural chemical reactions at no point has a creator deity ever been needed to fill in the gaps of our understanding.

You know what he meant and you're playing silly/dumb again.

How did human consciousness originate?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

I haven’t seen anyone here claim that conscious entities come from randomness acting upon nothingness. They generally come from thier parents, and every time it is by Natural chemical reactions at no point has a creator deity ever been needed to fill in the gaps of our understanding.

The same way snail consiousness did. Evolution.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

That would be off topic, wouldn’t it?

Can you show any evidence for a creator? You know? The actual topic of the thread?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

"God did it" lol, lame as #, you have nothing except blind faith

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I just asked if you had any evidence of a creator in a thread asking for evidence of a creator.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Snails don't have the ability for critical thinking or expressing emotions. Fail.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Nobody knows how consciousness originates. All we know is that its a property of the brain.

One day we will figure it out. My opinion is that consciousness is an arising property of the brain components and neural structure. However this is an opinion not a fact.

Coomba98

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98

Nobody knows how consciousness originates. All we know is that its a property of the brain.

One day we will figure it out. My opinion is that consciousness is an arising property of the brain components and neural structure. However this is an opinion not a fact.

Coomba98

Even if consciousness is an arising property of the brain, how was the brain formed? The generic answer of "evolution" isn't cutting it, but that's what some of the simpletons here want everyone to believe without a detailed explanation.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The human brain as it is today is due to millions of years of evolution.

After finding the natural phenomena called evolution (now MES), the discoverer then created the theory set out to explain said phenomena. And do you know who this person was? A Christian.

Your arguing a theory that was created by a Christian.

Coomba98

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

After finding the natural phenomena called evolution (now MES), the discoverer then created the theory set out to explain said phenomena. And do you know who this person was? A Christian.

Coomba98

Anyone can claim to be a Christian. There are thousands of people who have never practiced Christianity in their lives and will claim that they are Christian just because their ancestors were Catholic.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Snails don't have the ability for critical thinking or expressing emotions. Fail.
Which fits right in with everything we know about evolution. If snails were super smart, it would completely disprove every theory we know about evolution.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Coomba98

Anyone can claim to be a Christian. There are thousands of people who have never practiced Christianity in their lives and will claim that they are Christian just because their ancestors were Catholic.
Is there some kind of test i can give someone to tell if they are a true christian?

How can i tell when someone is faking it?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Coomba98

Is there some kind of test i can give someone to tell if they are a true christian?

How can i tell when someone is faking it?

Ask them if they believe that Jesus was the Son of God who came to earth to die for their sins so that they might live an eternity with him in heaven.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Correct anyone can claim to be a Christian, this particular Christian was a big believer in christian mythology and even did parish work of the local church. He is on records saying that he was never an Atheist.

Ask them if they believe that Jesus was the Son of God who came to earth to die for their sins so that they might live an eternity with him in heaven.

Yet the ones that believe Jesus was God are wrong? How do you know which christian sect of thousands is the correct one?

Coomba98

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Correct anyone can claim to be a Christian, this particular Christian was a big believer in christian mythology and even did parish work of the local church. He is on records saying that he was never an Atheist.

Yet the ones that believe Jesus was God are wrong? How do you know which christian sect of thousands is the correct one?

Coomba98
You ask them if there’s is the right one?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Which fits right in with everything we know about evolution.

I'd say that's pretty limited. So far I've only been told that millions of years of evolution created the human brain, but if fossils are all you have to go on, I'd say it's all guess work. There is no proof of how other species with brains thought or behaved that evolved into the current human brain or body. While archaeologists might be able to find a few clues of a species habits, they don't really know how they lived or what their capabilities were. It's all speculation and guesswork as most of you would say.

edit on 27-5-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Saying I dont know how, then making a reason up (God) is the very definition of the argument from ignorance.

Just because you dont understand evolution does not mean its wrong.

Coomba98

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join