It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do so many theists think you must believe in abiogenesis if you don't believe in a god?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Simple question, I see it time and time again in threads, it's like the god lovers are desperate to attach some kind of faith to those who don't believe in gods.
Me:
I don't believe in any gods, ghosts, goblins or the grinch - all equally have zero verifiable evidence to support the claims.
I think the theory of evolution is a fantastic theory, a passion of mine is collecting fossils, but I don't know if the claims are the ultimate answer. I don't know how life 'started' and to be honest I don't really care either, I focus on just enjoying the existence I perceive right now.

So theists, why can you just accept that some people really are faithless and lack of belief in gods does not equate to faith in abiogenesis?
It's lame, and kinda boring seeing such drivel posted online so often.

I don't know how life started, I don't particularly care, and I most certainly don't believe in any god claims due to the obvious reason that there is zero verifiable evidence to support the claims.

edit on 22-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: clarity

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I don't think that . I think you can choose to not believe for no reason at all in fact . Its boils down to a choice you make or not .

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Perfectly reasonable position to hold

You are clearly not one of the rabid theists I refer to in the OP.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Well, to not believe is a belief. It always comes back to belief. You can believe in science, in a higher self, in God, in whatever you want, you are wrong when you believe that your beliefs are the universal truth.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnorantGod

No it's not!
I do not believe there are no gods I just don't believe there are due to lack of verifiable evidence.
Stop with the lame attempt to attach belief to my lack of belief. It really is pathetic.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnorantGod

Well, to not believe is a belief. It always comes back to belief. You can believe in science, in a higher self, in God, in whatever you want, you are wrong when you believe that your beliefs are the universal truth.

I don't beleieve 2+2=infitity so I don't believe 2+2=5 ... so what is it that I must believe in?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

Sorry, I haven't a clue what kind of point you are trying to make with that statement.
Maybe clarify and help a brother out?

EDIT
Sorry, I think I get you after reading it again, but I 'know' 2 + 2 does not equal 5, that doesn't take any belief, just count a couple of pennys or something.

edit on 22-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnorantGod

To be fair you might have chosen to add the words choose or choice in that . Its a choice we make for what ever reason we choose or not to choose .

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

it was in reply to IgnorantGod

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

One thing I've noticed among your ilk is the unrelenting use of word games and semantic gymnastics to avoid taking responsibility for anything you say or do.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

One thing I've noticed among your ilk is the unrelenting use of word games and semantic gymnastics to avoid taking responsibility for anything you say or do.

Like your ilk saying that not beieving in your god, is itself, belief?

give me strenght...

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I think I'll leave this threaf to you guys... nothing is making sense - like unfounded belief.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Haha you what???
I take absolute responsiblity for my own actions and treat fellow humans with kindness because I think a caring society is a good place to live. I don'ttreat people lovingly because I'm scared some god will be cross with me.
Your reply is ridiculous.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Simple answe, we all don't
Believe what you want

Just don't go all sookie la la because we don't believe what you do

Your op is lame and boring

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Lol, I don't 'believe' anything which is unverifiable, take gravity for example, I know the claims but I can't verify any of it so I'll just admit I don't know how it works. I don't care either, there is some phenomena which stops me floating into space and I'm happy enough not being able to explain it.
Try again fella, your argument is weak and lame.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Who does?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Rabid theists I guess, you know, 10 commandments n all that. I don't need to believe in any gods to live a caring life.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Do you believe in evil?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I whole-heartedly agree with the op. It's annoying and a little bit of "the world revolves around me" from the theists. Unlike the op, I am very interested in our origin, but I do not claim to know the answers. That's the difference. Also, (and I've said this before) I do not refer to myself as atheist. Why should my lack of belief in something earn me a label? If I do not believe in ghosts, does that also earn me some sort of label? Believe what you want, just leave the rest of us alone already.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: slowisfast

Do you believe in evil?

Nope, I see it as a purely religious term to describe acts or feelings of unkindness and cruelty.
It is as lame a term to me as 'sin' is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join