It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do so many theists think you must believe in abiogenesis if you don't believe in a god?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And see that's the thing, nowhere in this thread have I even come close to try and convince anyone that their beliefs are wrong so don't imply that I have, if that is what you are trying to do.
I'm saying I have no beliefs in unverifiable things, that also includes abiogenesis.
You theists are a slippery bunch lol

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Raggedyman

Lol, I don't 'believe' anything which is unverifiable, take gravity for example, I know the claims but I can't verify any of it so I'll just admit I don't know how it works. I don't care either, there is some phenomena which stops me floating into space and I'm happy enough not being able to explain it.
Try again fella, your argument is weak and lame.

I wasn't arguing, I just said your op was stupid.
Seems like you are playing the " oh us poor atheists, we are so persecuted" sookie la la hand

Believe gravity, don't, who cares
Argue with you? You are just whining about nothing
Believe what you want, just don't be "that" whinging pohm all the time

You know where I come from, whinging pohms was a name developed because we had to listen to pohms like you and your constant complaining
Fortunately they have all for the most part gone,for the most part

Amazing how this thread is all about you....

Bahaha! I love your crap attempts at trolling!
Got anything on-topic to contribute regarding my specific question in the OP or are you just here to whine like a classic insecure theist?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I just wanted to tell the op his thread was lame and boring

Most Christians don't really care what he thinks, his own choice

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I just wanted to tell the op his thread was lame and boring

Most Christians don't really care what he thinks, his own choice

Why are you still here then? # off somewhere else if it's so boring for you, you won't be missed lol

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I will say it again, believe what you like, call yourself what you like, not my buisness
It's a pathetic attempt to be relevant

Most Christians don't mind what you believe

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: slowisfast

Think deeper, I said nothing of the sort.

WOW now that's real deep.

I know it may take me few years to read just this alone but could you please expand on what the hell you are on about?

Who said you said anything?

Forget about deep or even shallow thinking, just basic though to follow what said and asked.

try following whats posted.

You asked a question, I jumped in a gave an my answer and asked one myself because the wayu you ask its very easily interpreted that you find torture as a kind act.

I didn't say you do, I asked.

maybe you had an episode where you read my mind because these words you just posted are perfect words to reply to you with.

Think deeper, I said nothing of the sort.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I am not accusing you of anything, rather defending the idea that pushing religion or the lack of on someone seems disingenuous.

I know what I believe and why I believe it, but none of that can be translated into something to "prove" anything to someone else. Maybe you will have something alter your life, and maybe you won't. But the end result is what faith is all about, not bible beating. LOL.

Sorry if you took my post wrong.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Mate just piss off elsewhere if you don't want to discuss the topic.
For someone so bored with the OP you keep hanging around like a bad smell.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You were the one that said you were confused. Inferring I thin torture is kind. So much so you said it twice.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Mate, no apology needed

It's always difficult with interpretation at times through the medium of text.
I totally get your perception of things, belief etc

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

What's an emotion but a non-physical, non-verifiable 'force'? A feeling. But you believe in it, them.

Again, is there an objective definition to the words you choose to use, cruelty and unkindness? How do YOU define them? Where does that definition come from?

What is your perception of existence? Specifically?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

You were the one that said you were confused. Inferring I thin torture is kind. So much so you said it twice.

Yes, I said that and asked a question for clarification.

Usually when there is confusion over whats said one asked for clarification.

You still fail to answer.

What did I say twice?

I asked a questions once and then said it seems like you are inferring that torture is kind by how you asked the question, so it was you inferring that not me, hence why I asked what I did.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I have to dash out now so if any rabid theists have some points to make I'll get back to you later. If there are lots of replies I'll try to catch up as quick as I can but I haven't abandoned the thread.
Oh, I'll just ignore lame questions like "Do you believe in evil?" or whatever, if you have a point to make then just make it, I can't be arsed with cryptic questions.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Mate just piss off elsewhere if you don't want to discuss the topic.
For someone so bored with the OP you keep hanging around like a bad smell.

No
I am happy to come here and say you are moaning about nothing, hilite your silly statement
Your op is a big attention seeking comment to gain stars and flags

Most Chtistians don't mind what you believe, you make out like you are an affront to Christianity and God, you are not,
The only argument is you say all Christians want you to believe something or other, we don't, that's pretty clear by so many replies
The majority of people in the West Are atheists, you are nothing special, just another non believer

Poor you, every single one of us mean Christians commiting such evil acts as to label you😢 Such a horrible name like atheist
A name many other atheists are happy to be identified by

edit on 22-5-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I would have been implying not inferring. Which I didn't because I believe in evil. History is certainly a testament to that.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

What's an emotion but a non-physical, non-verifiable 'force'? A feeling. But you believe in it, them.
I experience emotions and understand the labels we attribute to them.

Again, is there an objective definition to the words you choose to use, cruelty and unkindness? How do YOU define them? Where does that definition come from?
Cruelty and unkindness involves causing emotional or physical harm to another living thing. Why are you asking such dumb and obvious questions?

What is your perception of existence? Specifically?
What I perceive with my senses as translated in my thoughts with my brain. Stupid questions man, if you got a point to make just #ing make it, and stay on-topic or I will just ignore your ramblings.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

PMSL!!!
Keep on crying girl, you amuse me even though you can't stay on-topic.
You are comedy gold fella

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Well abiogenesis was the theory put forward to explain the origins of life. Aka how does inanimate matter form living reproducing organisms?
I understand your point that not knowing this doesn’t mean therefore it must be god that did this, many atheists seem to accept that there are some things we simply can’t know. On the other hand there are the more hardcore atheists who believe abiogenesis is the only possible solution to the problem even though the theory lacks any verifiable proof. So it’s effectively a “belief” of theirs just as someone else’s belief in god. Yet these atheists don’t see the hypocrisy with this and try to make out as if the science backs them up somehow. Dawkins I think is one such character.

Belief and faith aren’t even really understood in themselves, for instance it isn’t known how the placebo and nocebo effects works, yet the evidence is out there that they do.

All I know is there is much more to the mystery of life going on than we currently and possibly will ever know.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: slowisfast

Good and evil are consequences of emotions, not a cause from the physical world. An act isn't bad nor good until someone put it like that. No matter the nature of the act. Not everyone see killing as an evil act, same thing with torture. They doesn't exist outside a mind to believe in them.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnorantGod

Good and evil are usually part of the social contract.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join