It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you had proof of a god , would you actually worship it ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Going back to the OP question, if an all knowing god was shown to be proven then why would I even bother pretending to worship it? It would surely already know I thought it was a barbaric monster. Pretty crap god if it needed me to tell it.
"Yeah, carry on eating your popcorn mate while you watch children starve to death, prick"

Lol
Well apparently there was a time when we existed in paradise.
All the food we could eat (apart from the fruit from that one tree over there).
We didn't even need clothes the weather was that nice.

However, again apparently, we decided to know good and evil and it all went to # from there.
Adam suddenly thought his ding ding was too small, Eve wasn't happy with the size of her hips. God wasn't happy about this either.
There was a lot of blame shifting, "oooo the serpent tricked me, ooooo the women talked me into it" instead of someone just taking responsibility for their own # up.
As a result, the serpent's got no legs, Eve needs pethidine when squeezing one out and we gotta toil the land for food!

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but if I started questioning God about starving children I'd imagine his response would be something like:
"WTF you on about? I had it all set up nice. You wanted something else so I let you have at it. Left you to it. Now tell me, what did you personally, and you as humanity as a whole do about those starving children?"

We can't have it both ways can we?
Or can we?

DISCLAIMER: Not a belief. Just a train of thought
That’s not a train of thought, you just wrote down genesis and claimed that’s your opinion. You are literally trying to pass off genesis as an original thought that you just had. That is true indoctrination. Congratulations!! You are fully assimilated into the hive.

I made no such claim of opinion.

Try harder Woodcarver.

What kind of scientist are are you, what's your field?
I went to school for civil and structural engineering. Later on i studied material analysis. There are only a few people in my area that do this, so i will not post my title, but basically i look at materials and test their efficacy for specific projects. Things like structural density, tensile strength, load capabilities, and sometimes material identification, or material quality.

I also used to train show horses, and i still do a lot of wood working.

Did you want to hire me? I can build you some cabinets or I can tell you if your diamonds are real.

Oh you're a material analyst.
Just like Madonna!

Btw I'd like to make a complaint about your Harry Potter wands.
On your website they were advertised as, and I quote "Actual Real Working Harry Potter Wands".
At 800 quid I thought this was a steal so I ordered one.
While shipping was speedy I soon realised that it wasn't a real wand as advertised. It didn't work.
It was basically just a pretty piece of wood.

All emails I've sent you asking of a refund have been ignored.

Very dishonest conduct Woodcarver!

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape I have always felt that a compassionate creator does not want or need humans groveling in worship. I think one of the huge problems we have is the interpretation of the word "worship". I now believe that it was meant to reflect a form of respect and understanding of magnificent qualities of another. The willingness to abdicate self will by recognizing the superior wisdom of the creator. That love and respect would most likely generate genuine respect and reverence, not the obligatory groveling that some religions require.

The Bhagavad Gita claims that the creator will respond to you in any form that compliments a relationship. That could be a mother, father, child or friend figure. It also tells us that we can come to actually know the creator, not know about the creator, but truly know the creator.

So in a nutshell, no I would not grovel or make offerings that I did not truly want to give to the creator. The respect and reverence has to come from my heart.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
In my mind God does exist. There is credible proof everywhere I look!
My response will always be the same, love, awe and absolute joy.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Nope, and to qoute Pearl Jam "it's evolution baby."

If there is a god, then who created god? we may never know the answer and that's why we have agnosticism.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie
We created God - and God created us. The question isn't who created God, the question is who was created first.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow
You always argue, how monotheist reject various other gods.

Yes I have and do, this is true.

Yet when I brought up polytheism, you brought up how A God is being unfair to you.

Where did I bring that up? WHere and when do I think a god is being unfair to me? How could I think something that doesn't exist is being unfair to me??

So what is it that you're thinking?

I'm thinking you're quite clearly making this up as I don't recall saying that I think a god is unfair to me.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

current cult

You can shove your little jab where the sun doesn't shine.
Want to talk about cults? Look at the political degenerates you consort with.

I don't need "the proof" you're talking about, and God would probably care more about SELF-RESPECT, integrity, honor, etc than "worship"

Believe what you want though, matters not one bit to me. I'll keep believing what I want, irrespective of opinions from the likes of you or others.

Sheer ignorance. And malice. But mostly ignorance.

edit on 5/23/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Lol, all organised religions are effectively cults, just not in name.
The Catholic and Anglican churches especially with their rapey priests and whatnot.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
reading a chance remark - prompted the thought process .

just as a hypothetical - lets assume that you discovered [ or were shown ] credible proof that " a god " actually existed - it may [ or may not ] be the same god that is worshiped by your current cult . what would be your response [ and why ]

i will post my response later [ its pre-written - and i vow not to edit it based on replies ] - but i want to see what other people think of this - without the influence of reading my version

let the fun begin

PS - please read the premmise carefully - every word is carefully chosen

I guess the same would as in any relationship: talk a bit together, have some fun, help eachother out...

Nah... I worship a woman's features as the right one really is capable of sending me to 7 th heaven.

Then ther are certain naturally occurring substances that aid in reaching that place.

God has yet to beat that. So, no worship for the... And here comes the political correct nomer: it.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Sheer ignorance. And malice. But mostly ignorance.

Can you explain where the malice is? And an example of the ignorance? i'm not seeing what you're seeing.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

1st I would have to know if it was my creator God or any old god. If it was my creator I would have a conversation with it.
Of it was a 'lessor god' I would hunt it down and kill it before it killed me.

Great op BTW

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Nah it's your merry go round carver.
You ride it. I find childrens rides very
boring.
edit on Rpm52318v26201800000051 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Been there and done that. Got the parting gifts too. You would be terrified if you knew what I know. But if I could tell you one thing it would be this.

Welcome to Left Behind. The prologue.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
Where did I bring that up? WHere and when do I think a god is being unfair to me? How could I think something that doesn't exist is being unfair to me??

I'm thinking you're quite clearly making this up as I don't recall saying that I think a god is unfair to me.

That is not what I meant by "being unfair to you". What I meant was, in your opinion, god is unfair for allowing bone cancer to children. Is that right?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech

Been there and done that. Got the parting gifts too. You would be terrified if you knew what I know. But if I could tell you one thing it would be this.

Welcome to Left Behind. The prologue.

He definitely need to experience it himself. He would be terrified. Or he would think differently, depending on how he interpret his experience. I don't think it would change anything. In the end it does not matter. He will get what he choose to be. Death is very real. At least, this is something everyone can agree.
edit on 23-5-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Going back to the OP question, if an all knowing god was shown to be proven then why would I even bother pretending to worship it? It would surely already know I thought it was a barbaric monster. Pretty crap god if it needed me to tell it.
"Yeah, carry on eating your popcorn mate while you watch children starve to death, prick"

Lol

However, again apparently, we decided to know good and evil and it all went to # from there.
Adam suddenly thought his ding ding was too small, Eve wasn't happy with the size of her hips. God wasn't happy about this either.
There was a lot of blame shifting, "oooo the serpent tricked me, ooooo the women talked me into it" instead of someone just taking responsibility for their own # up.
As a result, the serpent's got no legs, Eve needs pethidine when squeezing one out and we gotta toil the land for food!

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but if I started questioning God about starving children I'd imagine his response would be something like:
"WTF you on about? I had it all set up nice. You wanted something else so I let you have at it. Left you to it. Now tell me, what did you personally, and you as humanity as a whole do about those starving children?"

Or can we?

That’s not a train of thought, you just wrote down genesis and claimed that’s your opinion. You are literally trying to pass off genesis as an original thought that you just had. That is true indoctrination. Congratulations!! You are fully assimilated into the hive.

Try harder Woodcarver.

I went to school for civil and structural engineering. Later on i studied material analysis. There are only a few people in my area that do this, so i will not post my title, but basically i look at materials and test their efficacy for specific projects. Things like structural density, tensile strength, load capabilities, and sometimes material identification, or material quality.

Did you want to hire me? I can build you some cabinets or I can tell you if your diamonds are real.

Just like Madonna!

On your website they were advertised as, and I quote "Actual Real Working Harry Potter Wands".
While shipping was speedy I soon realised that it wasn't a real wand as advertised. It didn't work.

Wow!! That is some amazing creative writing. Are you comfortable giving false witness like that? Are you able to tell lies without feeling any kind of guilt?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Lol

Or can we?

Try harder Woodcarver.

Just like Madonna!

Wow!! That is some amazing creative writing. Are you comfortable giving false witness like that? Are you able to tell lies without feeling any kind of guilt?

Buhahahaaaahahahaaaa

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Woodcarver

Nah it's your merry go round carver.
You ride it. I find childrens rides very
boring.
What does this comment even mean? You have not even tried to be part of the conversation for weeks.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

as promised my pre-written answer : [ it assummes that the god is one that currently has a active cult ]

first - no i would not worship it . any mmy reaction to it would be in a single word :

contempt

i would feel pity for its cultists - who despite having a real god - have fared so poorly from thier devotion

that ends the pre written bit

the thread replies have certainly been " interesting " - despite how few seem to have comprehended the OP

i shall respond to some of the " best " later

And here I was holding high hopes that you would mention Pi or the Golden Ratio, laying out how we all worship beauty with simply falling into love.

At that point one could actually state, that people worship the proof of a god the same way they worship the god behind it. Which would've been a beautiful and very poetic punchline for a thread like this.

Pity. Just a bunch of the same old positivism after all...

edit on 23-5-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego
1. I'm convinced because I have had the experience to see the "other side".

2. Not to describe it, but to make one.

Did you dig in..if you did truly you would see some deep problems with the entirety of it all...it is far from just here that the sickness pervades.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join