It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you had proof of a god , would you actually worship it ?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
a reply to: Ruiner1978

Why are you posting these crap music vids? What do they have to do with the OP?

I haven't posted any crap music vids.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
reading a chance remark - prompted the thought process .

just as a hypothetical - lets assume that you discovered [ or were shown ] credible proof that " a god " actually existed - it may [ or may not ] be the same god that is worshiped by your current cult . what would be your response [ and why ]
PS - please read the premmise carefully - every word is carefully chosen

"Now for something completely different" - I'm actually going to try to answer the question

Personally I would call any "proof" of god I could understand as invalid. Kind of like a conflict of terms, a catch-22. Like burning water or showing that black is white. To prove something there has to be a "something" to prove.

To prove God, God would need to be "something" (that a human can understand or at least perceive repeatably and repeatably infers time... god doesn't exist within time).

What God would "be" doesn't exist in the realm of time or space or even in human understanding.

If you can prove God, than it can't be God now can it?
edit on 24-5-2018 by NickK3 because: fix punctuation

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I'm happy believing things are most likely a fluke, because any other alternative requires believing some super being exists sick enough to create such a perverse system. 

Oh look you do believe something. And it's more hokey than what I believe by far.
edit on Rpm52418v31201800000055 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I can say most likely and leave a margin of error for my beliefs and thus be open to alternatives should proof come along to demonstrate otherwise. Can you?
edit on 5/24/2018 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: randyvs

originally posted by: Woodcarver

a reply to: Woodcarver

Nah it's your merry go round carver.
You ride it. I find childrens rides very
boring.
What does this comment even mean? You have not even tried to be part of the conversation for weeks.

You know.
I never know what you are talking about. You can’t ever seem to stay on topic. Most of your posts are just insults.

Ya yado

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I dont need proof you do

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Any ways no big deal carry on with your lil bash.
What ever helps you not believe anything.

Pat each other on the back and so forth
edit on Rpm52418v43201800000037 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

This might actually be the most pathetic attempt i have seen so far on this site, and i’ve been here for a while. Even Randy hasn’t stooped this low as to simply make stuff up about me. 

I don't have to the stuff you say is funny
enough all by itself.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

You're the one claiming there's a God, not me. My only claim is, I don't know, there's no evidence for a creator, and while I'm not sure how the universe came to be, when observing the world around me, all evidence points to, if there were a creator, He would be one sick sadistic psychopath based on the universe He created. As I have no evidence proving such a being exists, I prefer living my life under the assumption there is no divinity, as to believe otherwise is too horrible to fathom. I see no reason to try and prove your God doesn't exist, when you can't even prove He does. I'm not the one claiming something exists.

Besides, your version of the divine is absurd, as you somehow manage to convince yourself and want others to believe that your God created this sick twisted excuse for a universe and is somehow also all good. The cognitive dissonance that must be required to make that possible is astronomical.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NickK3

Personally I would call any "proof" of god I could understand as invalid. Kind of like a conflict of terms, a catch-22. Like burning water or showing that black is white. To prove something there has to be a "something" to prove.

Perhaps there might be another perspective. What if God appears, not outside in the material world, but inside you. That is, that you feel God's presence and he touches you and In that touch you are filled with unconditional love and a joyous reunion.. What then? It might be enough proof for some.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

So God is like some kind of drug? Sounds addicting. Makes you feel all good to the point you don't believe and refuse to accept how horrible it must be to make things the way they are.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You already said what you believe.
Random chance to the power of coincidence
times infinity.....Hysterical

Why dont you just quit knock'n what others
believe and go on about your silly business?
edit on Rpm52418v49201800000040 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon
a reply to: NickK3

Perhaps there might be another perspective. What if God appears, not outside in the material world, but inside you. That is, that you feel God's presence and he touches you and In that touch you are filled with unconditional love and a joyous reunion.. What then? It might be enough proof for some.

if it is inside the physical world, we should be able to detect it. So far, nobody has been able to sense or measure any effect that such a thing would necessarily leave behind.

That is basically why believers had to move the goal posts outside of the physical world.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

It's called clarifying.

Also each time I said fluke I used the words most likely. You're focusing on fluke and not the most likely. Most likely encompasses my beliefs more than the fluke part does by itself.

"Most likely a fluke" is my beliefs shortened, not "a fluke" there's a difference.

I base my world view on what seems most likely due to the evidence I've observed. As such my views can change and adapt as new information comes to light.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

You cant mock anyone why do you persist
at this childish crap. You call this intelligent?
I'm laughing at all of you so hard I have a
side ache.

No you call it clarifying I call it a balled up
Mess of impossibilities

Thats what every atheist BELIEVES

I base my world view on what seems most likely due to the evidence I've observed. As such my views can change and adapt as new information comes to light

No you don't
edit on Rpm52418v12201800000015 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

All you have is blind faith like a child, nothing, nada, zero, and yep it is hilarious reading your faith based arguments to support your claims of a god lol

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

No you call it clarifying I call it a balled up Mess of impossibilities
Thats what every atheist BELIEVES

You do realise the irony of that statement, yes?

What impossibilities does every atheist believe? Or, just one. Which *one* impossibility doers an atheist believe?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Ladys and gentleman once again Ravi Zacharias

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

"If there's no moral law giver, there's no moral law, there's no good".

Ok, sorry Randyvs, but that's horsesh*t. You don't need someone to tell you what is good and what is bad. The majority of the human race knows this without divine intervention. Those who do not are called sociopaths.

Are you suggesting that until Moses received the 10 commandments people were mindlessly murdering, raping, stealing and being all round naughty?

I say that's rubbish. We know what is right and wrong, on the big picture that is (ie: killing, cheating, hurting people) because our species would have died out if we didn't work together to survive. Those 'morals' are instinctual and part of our ancient past.

Besides, who would want to follow the morals of a God that commands a man to kill his own son? Or kills *every living thing* by flood? Or demands his angels to kill in his name?

No thanks. You can keep your sociopath. I'll stick to my fellow human. We're 100x better than any God.
edit on 24-5-2018 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2018 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

What impossibilities does every atheist believe? Or, just one. Which *one* impossibility doers an atheist believe?

All of them

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join